Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

TC Electronic Sucks

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in answering... I thought I had turned on notifications to get an email when the thread was updated, but unfortunately not. :-(

Checking the thread, I can see that A String did indeed write about his issue at the very top... I thought the thread was about Ditto Looper and footswitches and completely missed that part when reading through the thread.

Regarding the M350 there is a both a PC and a Mac Editor available and online now. What version of Windows / OS X are you using?

Cheers,

Tore

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Tore,

I just purchased your ditto looper a few days ago and everytime i make a loop, there is a noticable drop of signal or volume when i press the switch to start recording compared to when it is in bypass mode. I was kinda worried since ill be using it for live performances and thought that everytime i will record a chord progression to loop say before i do instrumental, my volume will become noticably lower than that in bypass mode :(. Do i have a defective unit?

I'm not too impressed here, I've just gotta say...

I've long held the TC Electronic Stereo Chorus/Flanger + Pitch Modulator (and a 0db to 15db clean boost that will overdrive the beejeezez outta your tube-amp!!) to be one of the all-time great classic pedals. (And I typically HATE chorus pedals!!) This recent BS is SAD.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

What's really sad is this guy took the time to make contact, and then vanished back into the woodwork. I'm waiting to see if A String gets any further response.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Tore is definitely an employee of TC Electronics.

The issue here is that they screwed up and there is no solution. On the phone, in emails and now here, they string me along for a while then eventually either tell me to return the unit if I'm not happy with it or they just stop responding. In the mean time, I'm stuck with an expensive unit with lots of lights and dials that I can't use.

I bought the TC unit, over another brand, not only because it did what I wanted it to do, but also because I used to own the TC Native Reverb Plugin. It was incredible and I really believed that TC was a great company. Now a days, the quality of the product is as important as the customer service they supply. So far, TC has fallen short on the customer service side. I'm hoping they pull through and show they can still be the same great company they used to be. But if not, then I know to avoid future products from them, like the plague.

His responses have been too straightforward for a troll or a prankster, but he may just have a very dry sense of humor.

If he left an email address with his profile, it might be worthwhile to try to contact him directly. For my part, this thread has convinced me not to buy anything from TC.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

They should at the very least let you send it back Astring and get a refund, even though the return period had expired IMHO.

Originally, they led me to believe that there was an updated VST interface for it so I didn't return the product. When they finally got the link for me, the site said it was going to charge money for it. It also said that it currently wasn't up and running. I dug a bit further and found that the software was supposed to be ready a few years ago. Basically, it looks like they gave up on it.

I contacted TC again to tell them this and they said they had nothing to do with the software side. I explained that I bought the unit for the software connection and they told me that if I wasn't happy with the unit, to return it to the store. I wrote back and explained that, waiting for them to respond to all of our communications had taken up all of the time and it was now too late to return it. They never wrote me back.

Yep, got the story down pretty good but bottom line is you're being stuck with a piece of equipment you can't use. So, This TC guy should at least extend you the courtesy of helping you go beyond the expiration date for returns (especially when they never came through with the promised updates, etc.)...
Take care, Larryz

Yep, got the story down pretty good but bottom line is you're being stuck with a piece of equipment you can't use. So, This TC guy should at least extend you the courtesy of helping you go beyond the expiration date for returns (especially when they never came through with the promised updates, etc.)...

One would think! :/:rolleyes:(Meant for TC, NOT you, Larry)

If Tore TC is in the U.S., it's very possible he's already off for the weekend. You might want to give another bump on Sunday night/Monday morning.

Hello Tore,

I just purchased your ditto looper a few days ago and everytime i make a loop, there is a noticable drop of signal or volume when i press the switch to start recording compared to when it is in bypass mode. I was kinda worried since ill be using it for live performances and thought that everytime i will record a chord progression to loop say before i do instrumental, my volume will become noticably lower than that in bypass mode :(. Do i have a defective unit?

Tore? TC? Help these guys out! I used to think very highly of the TC brand!

Yeah...pretty much moved TC Electronic stuff off of my G.A.S. list at this point.

A String, sorry it had to be you, but by taking one for the team, you opened a lot of eyes.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Not that it should be necessary, but, has anyone PM'd Tore with a link to this thread, inquiring if he might continue to chime in?