Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

TC Electronic Sucks

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, I have not. I was really hoping he would come back on his own, knowing what was going on, and make things right.

Which is completely understandable.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I've been keeping an eye on the reviews for this pedal on MF, and a bunch of them say that the playback volume of the loop is too low. It's a shame. The idea of the pedal is great, but if you don't construct it correctly, it's just another piece of uselessness.

Hi guys,

I'm back... once again I have to apologize for not answering sooner in here. Some time passed from when I asked about the Operating System until I got an answer and I gotta admit it got lost under the radar as well as some business travels. I'm truly sorry about that!

Just to clear up a couple of discussion on the board. Yes, I am indeed from TC Electronic. Specifically I'm the Product Manager for Guitar Effects, which basically means that I'm in charge of our guitar-side of the business - i.e. pedals, tuners, etc.

So about Ditto Looper and the volume drop some of you have experienced. This is a bug in the software and there is already an update out that fixes it completely. The reason why you might experience this volume drop is that Ditto Looper uses something called "gain ranging" to get extra-ordinary high headroom, meaning it can be used with both guitar- and line-level signals. Gain-ranging is basically taking multiple AD/DA converters and setting them to different ranges and then intelligently through software picking the right one depending on how loud the signal coming into the pedal is.

Unfortunately there was a small bug in the software which meant that if the signal hit a certain level it would be sent to the wrong A/D converter. The software that is available on the Ditto Looper webpage fixes it completely.

@ A String: Regarding the M350 I have sent you a PM.

Cheers,

Tore

Just to update, Tore is going to talk to someone for me.

Let's hold out some hope that TC will come through for me on this.

One would expect them to do the right, ethical, have-a-backbone, don't-screw-your-customers thing...

Well, if they can't make the silly thing do what it's supposed to, I guess a refund is the next best thing. Kinda disappointing, though. TC Electronics is known for being quality stuff, and this kinda knocks that down. Won't be buying their stuff anytime soon. As if I had money to spend on it anyway....:0)

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Eight days have gone by and so far and I have had zero contact from them. Needless to say, I'm pretty pissed off. I've been through this three times now where they promise to make it right, then disappear. Still, I sit here with a unit I can't use and only bought because they said it would work. It's been almost eight months now...

In the end, these guys owe me a lot more than an "I'm sorry" for all of this freaking hassle.

Customer service is the front line of business, moreso now than ever before...and they are just just killing themselves!

This is why I've been going to the same music store for over twenty years, and dealing with the same two guys for most of that time. If something isn't right, I can go back to someone I know, and let them contact the company, if it comes to that. It doesn't hurt that my FLMS has some pretty serious clout, for a locally-owned business, as well.

OTOH, I'm always suspicious of any hardware that has features 'in development'. I've seen it too many times with synths & signal processors, but particularly synths, where the software developers never caught up with the potential of the hardware.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Eight days have gone by and so far and I have had zero contact from them. Needless to say, I'm pretty pissed off. I've been through this three times now where they promise to make it right, then disappear. Still, I sit here with a unit I can't use and only bought because they said it would work. It's been almost eight months now...

In the end, these guys owe me a lot more than an "I'm sorry" for all of this freaking hassle.

Mebbe a few complimentary Stereo Chorus/Flangers might be in order... ;)

Seriously, this IS ridiculous.

I'm always suspicious of any hardware that has features 'in development'. I've seen it too many times with synths & signal processors, but particularly synths, where the software developers never caught up with the potential of the hardware.

One should never buy a product for what it might do after the next intended upgrade. If the feature doesn't exist now you just can't count on it ever really being there.

Scott Fraser

I'm always suspicious of any hardware that has features 'in development'. I've seen it too many times with synths & signal processors, but particularly synths, where the software developers never caught up with the potential of the hardware.

One should never buy a product for what it might do after the next intended upgrade. If the feature doesn't exist now you just can't count on it ever really being there.

Outta the mouths of babes and seasoned professionals... ;)

Outta the mouths of babes and seasoned professionals... ;)

A Company shouldn't make promises they can't keep on any future software/hardware upgrades. +1 on not relying on the promises, but they can always make a refund or send you a return extension policy, if they can't come through after selling you the product.

Take care, Larryz

The problem I have is that I was told that they were going to make it work. I held on waiting (much as I am now) for them to get back to me, again and again and again until it was far too late to return the unit. Now, I've waster hours of my time try to fix this while they continue to string me along and not get anything resolved.

Damn! Do we need to make this a 'sticky' thread?

BTW, A String, I meant no criticism in my previous post, re avoiding products 'in development' - I've just seen other folks burned before, by this same sort of thing, often at great expense & aggravation. My latest tactic is to ask the sales rep how much I'm paying for the features & functions that haven't been installed yet - still waiting to hear a good answer for that.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

BTW, A String, I meant no criticism in my previous post, re avoiding products 'in development'

Of course! I was just noting that my case was different. Sort of riding off the back of the statement rather than refuting it, if you know what I mean.

So, as we go into a long weekend here, I have still not heard anything from anyone. Looks like I may have been dumped by them again.

Looking back, I see that although this thread started at the end of March, we didn't hear from Tore until June, then he re-surfaced, briefly, in July. Maybe it's time for another seasonal sighting?

OTOH, there must be a way to forward this entire thread to Tore via email, or maybe even create a Facebook page, just for it. I expect a "TC Electronics Suck!" page amassing 'likes' would get someone's attention . . . not that any of us would stoop to such a level.