Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

TC Electronic Sucks

I think you are still missing the point. I did talk to TC. MANY times. When email contact failed me, I called. When phone calls failed, I gave up. Then, things reignited here. It's only after public pressure that I finally got a refund.

Instead of "Sorry about all of this, give the store a call and see what they can do, if they won't take it back, let us know and we will get you a refund", I got dragged along, sending me to different sites only to find out the plugin doesn't exist. Then, when I complained it was too late, you stopped responding. Even when I was promised a refund here, in this thread, it still took months to get sorted out.

And at the end of all of this, the real kicker, you still continue to suggest you did nothing wrong. This isn't about the VST plugin not being available (although that is a crappy thing. Either provide the updated plugin or make a note on your advertising copy that it is compatible with XP only). This is about the bad customer service. You can't do the "yeah, we'll help you out" thing and then disappear.

I think you'll find most people aren't going to just roll over and take it. Treat a customer like crap and you lose business. It's a simple thing. This issue has gone through three forums and on Facebook. Who knows how many shares there have been from there. It has little to do with me and my situation and more to do with the way your company treats a customer that needs help. The community responds to that sort of thing.

In this day and age, customer service is king. Even just looking at the events of this thread and taking nothing else into account, you can see clearly how your customer service failed. If you can't see that (or refuse to see that), then your company is in real trouble.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing. Just when I thought TC couldn't make themselves look any worse, they dig themselves even deeper into the hole they made. I promise you, I will never buy or own a TC Electronics product, ever.

Hence my "facepalm" smiley!

I'm to the point that it would take a miracle to get me to buy a TCE product. I do believe in second chances, but this situation would require a very visible change in business practices.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

You guys are funny, I work for the retailer not TC. I'm the guy who actually gave A-string his money back, just like I would have at any time since he bought it. We have a very flexible return policy. AFAIK, he never called the store.

Cheers!

You guys are funny, I work for the retailer not TC. I'm the guy who actually gave A-string his money back, just like I would have at any time since he bought it. We have a very flexible return policy. AFAIK, he never called the store.

Cheers!

"Funny"? Okay...

How am I supposed to know that I need to call the store to get in touch with the local TC rep? I assumed I needed to call TC. Plus, I was already in contact with them after getting the dead link to download the plugin.

Anyway, as a rep for TC, you are "representing" them in this case. Not the store. This isn't a question of how good the return policy is at the local music store but a question of how I was treated by TC. Continuing to blame me for the poor customer service I received is just furthering the bad service and providing an example of how I've been treated up to this point.

Ummm A-String... I'm not the TC rep. I work for the store...I'm the guy you handed your credit card to. If you had called me I could have helped you at any time during this. Not blaming anyone, just saying for future reference.

Cheers!

I thought you were the TC rep; Brian. Didn't know you were the other guy. Either way, it doesn't alter things here. As I said, this isn't an issue with how L&M treated me or how great a store it is (because I still feel it is a great, top notch store), this is with the way TC strung me along and brushed me off. This is about their failure to treat a customer properly.

@Narfig.....You may very well be the "guy at the store"....but how in the WORLD was A-String SUPPOSED TO KNOW that he was to contact the store you worked at??

Your post does not make much sense.

If A-String did not know to contact you, then how was he supposed to know that beforehand?

He DID contact the manufacturer and got nowhere. Frankly, I think he did all he knew to do and was about to give up when this finally happened.

But it was public pressure that finally made TC Electronics do the right thing. But it STILL SUCKS!

But to say after the FACT that he should have contacted a local dealer when the manufacturer itself was giving him the runaround......does NOT make any sense!

No worries, I figured A-String would recognize me. I feel bad he had all this trouble with something he bought from us. It went though a long, public route to get back to me so I could fix it. First I heard of it was a call from our Canadian rep to make sure he got his money back. I'm pretty sure he had just heard of it as well.

As a PSA, many MI companies are much smaller than you expect and populated by engineers, designers and sales/manufacturing folk. Sometimes, they just aren't set up to provide the level of customer service we expect with professional call centres, technical support, teams answering emails...I've heard it all about pretty much every company at some point. Not that I'm excusing or defending poor customer service, just offering my view of why it happens. If you have a problem with something you purchased I'd suggest you start at the store, then work your way up. YMMV, not all stores are a cool as mine. ;)

Cheers all!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I just stumbled upon this thread and figured I'd chime in. As you can see from my signature, I work at TC Electronic, so I'm obviously extremely biased and shouldn't be trusted under any circumstances. :-)

So just to set the record straight on whether the Ditto Looper footswitch is PCB mounted or not... it's not.

Some of our products do have PCB mounted boards though, but the switch is attached to the chassis on both the front and back so no stress is applied to the PCB board when stomping on the switch.

Regarding the quality and quality control at TC, all I can say is that we take it VERY seriously constantly following failure rates of all products coming for service and support. All products that fail within the first 6 months after its released get sent back to development for inspection by the engineering team.

We try our best to make products that never break and our failure rate is well below the threshold we've set. But I realize that all this doesn't matter much to those of you who have had a bad experience with one of our products and for that I would like to apologise sincerely on behalf of TC!

If any of you have a specific problem with a pedal don't hesitate to mail me directly at tlm@tcelectronic.com and I'll be happy to help out getting the issue solved as fast and easy as possible.

Cheers,

Tore

i cry BULLSHIT.

So, I'm the guy who gave you your money back today. You should have just talked to us in the first place. It would have been no problem even if it was over the 30 days. Worst possible case is we would have charged you some rent or a restocking fee for the unit.(but not in this situation)

Sometimes folks who aren't in the industry have a strange ideas about the size of some of these companies. Most of them are smaller than you'd expect. By the time it got back to the local level we were all on your side. Ah..the joy of the internet.

Feel free to give us a call if you need us.

Cheers!

I CRY BULLSHIT

THE ONLY REASON THIS GUY APOLOGIZED IS CUZ THEY CAN'T AFFORD MORE BAD PRESS!!

original TC ELECTRONICS stuff when made in denmark was brilliant.

this mass-produced chinese crap is crap.

you guys already i think know my TC tale of woe. they don't stand behind shit. and if you do manage to get them to do a waranty repair, you get the same piece back. i plain don't trust wave soldered bullshit... if it messed up once, it will mess up again..

and in my case, it did. repeatedly. when i contacted tc about the SAME PROBLEM ON THE FIXED UNIT, i was told i was on my own. granted, it was past waranty. but to be real, it should have been properly addressed the first time.

i won't go into all the details of it unless asked... but i will never ever use tc stuff again. the only reason i've kept the two pedals i have is cuz they were signed by steve morse (who told me when i met him, part of the "prize" was supposed to be getting them from him... one more facepalm)

no thanks.

the polytune is even more annoying than the nova delay constantly needing it's memory reset.

for one thing, it's a440 doesn't agree with any other unit i have and seems to be sharp, i can live with that..

but when in use, it mutes the guitar...and puts out serious digital interference picked up by every rig i've tried it thru.

i even went so far as to run a dedicated line from my fx send to the input of the polytune, and even with it's output not plugged into the amp, the interference in use is ridiculous.

these guys need to get their crap in one sock, for sure.

Narfig, I'm curious. How did you manage to stumble across this site at such a convenient time, vis a vis this particular thread? Did our guy A String hip you to what was being said here?

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

All that for a `gee sorry` and here`s your money back. No freakin way would that fly here. The guy who sells you stuff that doesn`t work will show up at your door-with his manager-and give you a new one, along with a bouquet of flowers or a box of biscuits. I bought a pair of shoes in Bangkok, went to the beach for a few days and discovered they didn`t fit like I thought. Five days later I told the store person and asked for an exchange, no receipt. No problem.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I agree, Skip. Had it been my company, I would have given the money back, apologized for the bad treatment and offered some sort of minimal compensation (a free plug in or some other small token). Instead, they chose to blame me for the problems and, only after months of pressure, decided to refund the money. It's bad business and I'm sure, in the end, it will cost them thousands of dollars in sales.

From my perspective, if you don't have enough people to properly handle your customer service issues, you either need to build your products better- thus, generating fewer issues- or hire more people to handle customer service.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

A String, I have to ask, did you ever find a product that suited your needs? That would be valuable info for anyone who was considering the TC.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Well, the guy at the store suggested a UAD-2 Card. Basically, it's the same difference as going from onboard video to a dedicated video card, only you're going from powering the VST effects with your CPU to a card dedicated to powering it's own VST effects.

Unfortunately, it's back to school time so my refund money goes to back to school stuff. No music gear for me, for now.

Ya and sorry, the idea that they don`t have an army of customer service people-so what. That should make it easier for both hands to be on the same butt, ya know?

But whose butt- and who's being bent-over a barrel?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _