Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond Organ Film

Joe Muscara

Someone in the Hammond Yahoo! group bought the original film and transferred it to digital. I think the part about 'how it seems like families aren't as close as they used to be' is funny.

[video:youtube]

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah! "Mass Idea Seeding"?

WTF does that mean? Sounds like a commie plot to me.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

That's cool... But where is the iPad holder?

I was getting nauseous watching that guy spin....

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

The rotation was pretty entertaining. I wonder if it bugged him.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I think the sound really sucks on the Chord Organ. Wonder how many of those turkeys they sold... I don't know about you, but the last thing I wanted to do as a kid was to hang out at the house and play hymns with my parents...

But If you really want one finger playing, buy a Mellotron.

[video:youtube]

Love it! Reminds me of the one-manual Lowrey Genies they sold at the mall store where I first took lessons as a kid. I must confess, there is still an appealing uniqueness to the sound.

Cloner

Yamaha DX7S, Ensoniq ESQ-1, Yamaha HX-3, Clavinova CLP-300, PSR-740

Who's going to make a chord organ clone?

Oy !

I think the part about 'how it seems like families aren't as close as they used to be' is funny.

/watch?v=Oyu_Nwmujd0

Yes! And actually kind of profoundly ironic and ironically profound... ;)

Seriously, in our present culture and technology, you hear people worrying the same thing, and blaming it on the internet, or cell phones, or video games.

Thanks for posting this Joe. I find it quite poetic and thought-provoking.

"Mrs Brown loves to unwind after a long day of kitchen chores by playing sounds that feature the string tone.." (a tone that makes me want to shoot myself in the head)..

This hammond chord organ was our first family organ.. I was probably 4-5 when we got this, and my Dad played it very well.. after a year or two he graduated to a Hammond M3 which sat in my parents living room until about a year ago..

Some of the tones were awful.. BTW there were leslie reverb speakers and leslie speakers hooked up to these Chord organs and they didn't sound to bad..

Craig MacDonald

Hammond BV, Franken-B (A100 in a BV cabinet), Leslies 122/147/44W, Crumar Mojo, HX3 module, Korg Kronos, VR-09, Roland GAIA, Burn, Ventilator

Every single thing I have ever hated about electronic organs - all served up in one tidy package. Thank God for the Barbara Dennerlein clips at the end to purge my ears!

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Archived