Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mid-Atlantic KC Hang 2012

SK

I can bring my Rhodes, if anyone would be interested. Speak up, or I'll leave the beast at home!

I'll also bring a guitar and probably a Blues Deluxe.

That's in addition to my usual trusty old rig. (and OMG X stands! Run awawy!)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can bring my Rhodes, if anyone would be interested. Speak up, or I'll leave the beast at home!

Yes, please.

We'll have a cookout! :evil::facepalm:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/steforce/steve140x14014june2012.jpg

Doooooood! That's a GREAT picture of you!

I wish you could make it to the Hang!

Could you hitch a ride with Gangsu? :)

Tommy

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Will we all still fit into ProfD's car if everyone brought one keyboard each? ;)

Only if everyone brings a Korg R3 or MicroKORG XL in a brown paper bag. :laugh:

Otherwise, my vehicle will accommodate four (4) passengers and a couple 61- or 73-note KBs.

Of course, there is enough room for Gov's Nord G2 and Korg Monotribe too. :):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/steforce/steve140x14014june2012.jpg

Doooooood! That's a GREAT picture of you!

I wish you could make it to the Hang!

Could you hitch a ride with Gangsu? :)

Tommy

who says it is me?

;)

Seriously, yes it is. Un-photoshopped as well!

It would be great to attend your hang and meet all of you fine peeps! :thu:

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

It looks Like I have that Sunday OFF so if I can hitch a ride with Jeff and Tom I will be tagging along. What is another 7hr trip among friends. I don't have much for keys to offer but if anyone wants I could bring the GEM RP-x.

Jeff, definitely bring the Rhodes.

I am looking forward to it.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

You have a ride if you want it, Jimmy! It'd add about an hour each way to your trip if we meet at Butner, or a bit more if we meet at my house (but then you'd get to see what I've done to that Steinway!)

Either way works, just let me know when the time approaches.

Tommy gets a ride too, if he wants one. Anyone else in the Durham area? Room for one more in the minivan, along with heaps of gear.

Will we all still fit into ProfD's car if everyone brought one keyboard each? ;)

Only if everyone brings a Korg R3 or MicroKORG XL in a brown paper bag. :laugh:

Otherwise, my vehicle will accommodate four (4) passengers and a couple 61- or 73-note KBs.

Of course, there is enough room for Gov's Nord G2 and Korg Monotribe too. :):cool:

I was going to offer to bring my viola (aka. acoustic string physical modelling device) if the other passengers each wanted to bring a 61+ key 'board, but the viola in its case takes about the same amount of space as my Nord Modular G2X (which is the 61-key model) in its case.

I also don't mind leaving both instruments at home if someone has a more recently released synth model like a Solaris, Kronos, Jupiter 80, Minibrute, etc.

I tell ya, if there were anyone coming from Western VA/WV/Ten/Western NC that could pick me up on the way (I'd be glad to chip in for gas), it'd be a lot easier.
Darn, if I picked you up, it would be about a 9 hour roundtrip. Maybe someone else is coming up 'sort of' your way, or a friend could drive you.

From L-burg to P-burg? Really? I calculated that to be about 2 hours one-way. It's a straight shot down 460 to 360...

I tell ya, if there were anyone coming from Western VA/WV/Ten/Western NC that could pick me up on the way (I'd be glad to chip in for gas), it'd be a lot easier.
Darn, if I picked you up, it would be about a 9 hour roundtrip. Maybe someone else is coming up 'sort of' your way, or a friend could drive you.

From L-burg to P-burg? Really? I calculated that to be about 2 hours one-way. It's a straight shot down 460 to 360...

It is about 2 hrs. one way for you. I said "if I picked you up" roundtrip from Richmond. Try to make it if you can.

Nice to see Gov. Silver, Blueskeys, et al will be there.

Hey "MAKCHers" :freak::)

The Wabi Sabi stage has a decent PA with multiple channels, but I'm not sure how many it has or how many inputs we'll need.

I don't want to be the dreaded "sound guy" for the jam. So we'll just plug into the available channels, and if any of you can bring extra 'keyboard amps', please do. Thanks.

I'll bring my usual monitor rig, Yamaha EMX5000 12-channel powered mixer with a pair of JBL 12" wedges. Should be able to submix a couple other rigs and send a submix to FOH, if anyone wants.

I'm also hoping some folks bring K10s and ZXA-1's for comparison.

I tol' ya I'd have a bit of gear. I'll probably bring an electric bass, too, though no bass amp.

bumping this up so it doesn't get lost. I will definitely be there. Riding my bike down Sunday morning and getting a room, and heading south to Charleston SC on Monday.

Any recommendations on lodging? The Hampton Inn just off 95 a few miles south of the meetup venue seems to get decent reviews. I'm mostly concerned about security for my bike.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

DanL, I'd think Hampton Inn would be ok. Petersburg is a small historic town with little going on (after the hang, they should rename it Makcfhville). A few hotels (according to Google) but nothing I have any experience with.

And there are many hotel options in Richmond. Since you're coming south anyway, it's only a 25 min. drive straight down I-95 South from Richmond to Petersburg. Glad you're making it.

lol, not this time, but I've been tempted to find a way to strap it to the bike for rehearsal. It's not a whole lot wider than my bike is with the hard bags on.

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Who's ready to party? :cool:

Tom

I am, I am! :D:wave:

Let's see, I-95 south, Washington St exit, R on Sycamore, R on Bollingbrook, on the left by the alley. I can be there in 20 minutes. ;)

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

I'm all set. Packing the bike up Saturday afternoon, leaving here around 9am Sunday. Hopefully be able to do an early check in at the hotel and then hit the party. If not, I'll just hit the party with 280 miles of road grime and sweat on me, you guys won't mind right? :)

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

wmp you get to DE and you can ride bitch on the back of my bike, but I'm not coming back for 10-12 days...

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

It could only work if I can fit it into three days including recovery time. I recover very slowly. I don't think the bike ride would work very well for either of us, but thanks for the kind offer.
--wmp

Archived