Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mid-Atlantic KC Hang 2012

SK

Yeah, sure. That's not too far from here, and when I went to my car yesterday after work, the display showed only 111 degrees. It cooled off to a balmy 104 once I got driving. I didn't even have to close up the top until I exited the freeway and hit the stop-and-go town traffic.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what I'm bringing. It doesn't all need to get set up; we'll play it by ear:

- Ensoniq MR76

- NE2 (usually above the MR76)

- Rhodes Stage 73 (Mark I, but with flat top)

- pair of 12" JBL wedge monitors plus powered mixer

- Fender Blues Deluxe guitar amp (for guitar and/or Rhodes)

- Jazzmaster guitar, bass guitar

I'll also bring a portable recorder, so later we can hear how bad we were. :laugh:

I'm showing up gear-less since every music store has a Motif. :laugh:

IMO, this MAKCFH doesn't require much gear. I certainly don't plan to play any music.

I just look forward to seeing everybody again and meeting the first-timers. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

:laugh:

Hey Learjeff!

BluesKeys and I will arrive at your home tomorrow about the time you wake up.

We'll grab a cup of coffee at the Treyburn Country Club. (They've reinstated your membership since that li'l streaking incident you pulled last summer, right? It's funny how fast sheep can run when they've got an intoxicated old muso wearing a fire engine red keytar 'round his neck chasing them down the fairway in the middle of the night, don't you think? :blush: How did all those sheep get on the golf course anyway, I wonder? ...You've got to lay off the White Lightnin', son. A little goes a long way, if you're not from around here.) :laugh:

We'll pile in the back of the limo and cruise on up I-85 to Old Towne Petersburg .

If I had my druthers, we would get to your house about the time the rooster crows. However, BluesKeys has a gig at Myrtle Beach with The Embers. (Check out the new photos of Jimmy in a three-piece suit!) He's not getting back in town until 5:00 in the A.M.. So, we will try to get to your new house in time to see your studio and pound a bit on your grand piano before we head out. Your neighbors won't mind, will they?

ProfD and the gang are driving down from DC in his tricked-out Gear-Haulin'-Vehicle (GHV). I'm certain they won't have too much fun on the way down and completely burn out before they hit the stage at Wabi Sabi, but you know ProfD! :cool:

I hope everybody who has run their mouth all these weeks is going to show up. I think Gangsu is pulling my leg though. She's not really coming all the way from TimbuckToo Ontario, is she? If she shows, I'm gonna give her a big ol' bearhug and a kiss on the lips! I wonder when was the last time she smooched with a toothless redneck? (They have rednecks in Canada, don't they?) :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see SK and his new gear cases. I wonder if he's chosen paper or plastic this time. Hi SK! :wave:

I wish Mr. Kanker was going to join us! The last time we was here - in the Southern Part of Heaven - he wanted some Sushi for supper. Well, anybody in their right mind knows that we don't eat raw fish 'round these parts. So I turned him on to our native delicacy... Good ol' Eastern North Carolina Barbecue at THIS PLACE! He's been wanting to come back to Raleigh ever since. (You're welcome any time, Kevin!)

I'm looking forward to visiting with all the gang. The last times we've gotten together were a blast!

So rest up tonight, Jeffrey. We're gonna have a Wing Ding tomorrow!

Tommy

PS - Is There Gas in the Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I wish Mr. Kanker was going to join us! The last time we was here - in the Southern Part of Heaven - he wanted some Sushi for supper. Well, anybody in their right mind knows that we don't eat raw fish 'round these parts. So I turned him on to our native delicacy... Good ol' Eastern North Carolina Barbecue at THIS PLACE! He's been wanting to come back to Raleigh ever since. (You're welcome any time, Kevin!)
Man, I was toying with the idea of just showing up, but I'm about to start a pretty major remodel of my house, and I just don't have the time. :(

Maybe the next one....

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Gents and Lady,

I'm very sorry to say that I won't be able to attend the MAKCFH tomorrow. I'm on my way to New York today to see Roger Waters perform The Wall at Yankee Stadium with a college buddy of mine, and I just won't be back in time to get to Richmond for the hang (nor do I think the wifey and kids would look too kindly upon me being away for guy stuff both days of the weekend).

This will be the first MAKCFH that I've missed, and I'm hugely bummed not to be there. I know it will be a grand ol' time.

I'm especially sorry to miss the first-timers and the opportunity to say a personal farewell to SK before his move.

Have a great time everyone!

Noah

Gents and Lady,

I'm very sorry to say that I won't be able to attend the MAKCFH tomorrow.

Noah, it's no problem. We'll take pictures. :)

You will be missed though!

ITGITC?

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Tom, if you mention that incident again, I'll have to have my lawyer contact you regarding a libel suit. This alleged incident never happened. I don't even have a red keytar! Pay no attention to the strap buttons on the ends of my NE2.

Barring further libel litigation, I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow morning! Be sure to get in shape to help Jim carry my Rhodes down the stairs. I'll go put the 3rd seat in my GHV!

The club is in the middle of the block, and an alley runs along the side of the club. We can take the alley and unload into the side door, and there are parking lots at the end of that alley, with more parking across the street in front of the club.

It's going to be a hot one. :cool:

If anyone beats me to the place and the side door is locked, just go to the front door and they'll unlock it. Feel free to set up and plug into the PA.

I have this fusion band coming out to play a few songs at the end of the jam, and some of them may show up to play along with the jam. So we'll have to set up our KC gear both on the stage and maybe some in front of the stage.

"We'll figure it out" (famous last words). See you guys tomorrow. :)

I've realized I'm risking life and limb by riding a motorcycle for almost 5 hours in 100+ heat, but I will be there. Just gotta tweak my gear some...

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I've realized I'm risking life and limb by riding a motorcycle for almost 5 hours in 100+ heat, but I will be there. Just gotta tweak my gear some...

YOU DA MAN... err, DAN!! :thu:

Stay safe.

Tom

ProfD and the gang are driving down from DC in his tricked-out Gear-Haulin'-Vehicle (GHV). I'm certain they won't have too much fun on the way down and completely burn out before they hit the stage at Wabi Sabi, but you know ProfD! :cool:

I'm already burned out - worked all night and hoped on plane home. I may need help carrying my melodica up the stairs. :bor:

I'll bet Sue loves this heat... :cry::o:wave:

Have fun guys. Wish I were there ...well maybe not right now with the heat. ;)

OK guys I just got the official word - Gangsu is IN DA HOUSE! Yup. She is in Richmond now and will be heading Southbound tomorrow.

We're going to try to get there at 1:00 PM.

Eric called to let me know that he's definitely going to show up. I can't wait to see the new BAND SHIRT, Eric!

I think I talked LearJeff out of bringing his Rhodes when I told him that I just got back from the store with a few packs of hot dogs for grillin'! (Where's that thread that had the cooking instructions and all for turning your vintage electric piano into a backyard grill?)

That didn't disuade him. But when I told him that there are thirty-seven stairs going straight down into the basement of this place, I did hear him scratch his head a bit.

ProfD sent a note saying that he's been out in the triple-digit heat detailing his GHV in preparation for the trip. I don't doubt it.

Ooooooh... this is shaping up to be a good 'un!

ITGITC? :cool:

I am really hoping I can check into my hotel early and then catch a cab over to the venue so I can leave the bike parked and participate in a little libation with you guys. If not, I can be the straight guy who has fun watching everyone else have fun!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

OK. I'm heeeeeere.

Where IS everybody? :taz::rolleyes:

Am I early?

I'm not early...

Really?

ITGITC? :cool:

I'm having a gathering on the 14th in Bowie, MD. If anyone is interested in coming, please send me a PM and I'll forward the info.

My simple key rig will be a Nord Electro 2 61 w/ Ventilator and MoogerFooger Phaser and a Nord Lead.

Archived