Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Retiring my KC550!!!

jeff7b9

It has served me well for a long time, but I just don't really dig the sound anymore or the size. It has played backup/sidekick to my Bose L1 (which I sold for K12s), and my Motion Sound pro145 and gone on many a gig, but it's big fat ass will no longer be making the trip up my basement stairs and out into the real world....

...because my QSC K10 is coming tomorrow!!!

my band uses a pair of K12's as PA speakers, and I gave one a run as a keys monitor and dug it. I heard the K10 does a nice job for stage monitoring use and you cant beat the size and the weight.

I'm pumped, just felt like sharing!! I'm not ready to "put a chainsaw thru my KC" just yet, she can still live out her elder years in my basement or maybe at a studio if I play with another band so I don't have to carry anything, but no more gigs for the ol girl......

Toys: Hammond SK1, Yamaha Motif ES6, Voce V5+, Virus ti 61, Mason & Hamlin upright, Everett upright, Hammond M3, Korg CX3 analog, Motion Sound Pro145, QSC K10, H&K Rotosphere.. etc

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has served me well for a long time, but I just don't really dig the sound anymore or the size. I'm not ready to "put a chainsaw thru my KC" just yet, she can still live out her elder years in my basement or maybe at a studio if I play with another band so I don't have to carry anything, but no more gigs for the ol girl......

Congrats, Mr. jeff7b9!

Ummmmmm... how much for the KC550? :evil::)

There are good folks on this forum with idle chainsaws.

I'm certain that if we made a video it would go viral on YouTube!

Whatdayasay? :laugh:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Didn't even get through the original post without invoking Moe and his signature phrase.

Maybe if we took up a collection to make the aforementioned video?

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Nothing wrong with the KC550. That loud midrangey honky tone makes it easy to hear on stage and the DI always seemed clean whenever I played one on backline.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

If I execute this or any other gear, I promise I will post video on here for everyone to enjoy!!
Toys: Hammond SK1, Yamaha Motif ES6, Voce V5+, Virus ti 61, Mason & Hamlin upright, Everett upright, Hammond M3, Korg CX3 analog, Motion Sound Pro145, QSC K10, H&K Rotosphere.. etc

if.... down the line, I do choose to run a chainsaw through the KC550...

any advice on how to mic it?

SM57? SM81?

if.... down the line, I do choose to run a chainsaw through the KC550...

any advice on how to mic it?

SM57? SM81?

How about the built in DI?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I'd do a Mid/Side recording so you can control the stereo field, but also produce a good mono mix. :laugh:

+1 Roflmao

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

I actually DID once record a chainsaw to sample into my Emax.

Besides lots of tasty revving up and down, I took a piece of one recording and looped it to achieve a constant pitch so that I could play lead chain.

It was a Husqvarna. :thu:

Moe

---

Nothing wrong with the KC550. That loud midrangey honky tone

I'm amazed that you were able to keep typing beyond this... :facepalm:

I never owned one.

The times I play a Roland amp the only person who has to hear it is me and maybe the guitar player who is on stage right with me.

Right now I carry a pair of Behringer power speakers in case I need a stage monitor. I'm not too picky about what I monitor a digital piano on. The fact I am playing a digital piano to begin with kind of gives me the heebeegeebees. :laugh:

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I actually DID once record a chainsaw to sample into my Emax.

Besides lots of tasty revving up and down, I took a piece of one recording and looped it to achieve a constant pitch so that I could play lead chain.

It was a Husqvarna. :thu:

:laugh:

My understanding is that the STIHL brand has a wonderfully "woody" quality in its timbre.

In fact, there were tapes especially made for the Mellotron back in the day.

Unfortunately, there was no velocity control...

so everybody thought it was just another RMI. :facepalm:

http://media.soundonsound.com/sos/dec01/images/retrormihead.gif

Tom :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Wooooooooooeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

:taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz:

the UPS guy was a little confused when I started dancing around the box in my driveway......

Archived