Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VAX77- Still loving it?

Tonysounds

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I emailed support last Friday with a technical question and received a response from Van the next day. However, I have also been wondering about their status as their website no longer appears to be tended (forum spam everywhere) and the new price point seems a bit of a stretch.

I emailed support last Friday with a technical question and received a response from Van the next day. However, I have also been wondering about their status as their website no longer appears to be tended (forum spam everywhere) and the new price point seems a bit of a stretch.

Yep, the forum is full of spam and my 1st thought was, website hacked, but it isn´t.

The new price brings the VAX77 out of reach for most europaens thinking of add. customs and taxes (VAT), unfortunately.

A.C.

Oops ...

I get this from germany using Firefox

http://www.infiniteresponse.com/store.html

It works only when going via the products>VAX77 page because the store button doesn´t appear at all on the home page.

So,- thx for the new link !

Those are older links, which connect to stuff like the ver 1.6 manual (current is 3.2) and lists the price as $2995US, which is no longer correct.

I emailed them today after reading this thread.....asked directly if they were closed and what my support options would be if in fact those rumours are true. Will post here when I hear back.

My experiences with both the company and the keyboard have been top notch. I did wonder when the dramatic price increase happened, and when the forum, which has never been that active, got overrun with spam, if the end was nigh.....

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

• 2 weeks later...

From the Infinite Response website:

Infinite Response will cease manufacturing the VAX77 on October 1, 2013 and the current production run is completely sold out. We have sufficient spare parts and circuit boards to support VAX77 owners for many years to come and you can schedule service by emailing vax77@infiniteresponse.com

We are currently researching the feasibility of a much lower cost version of the VAX77 with a target price of $1200

Well, kinda of a bummer because they are a great bunch of people and I really love my VAX77, but I am glad that they will continue to support it, and maybe they'll come out with a non-folding 88 keys version?

• 8 months later...
Hi,I'm new to this forum.I've recently acquired a VAX77 trying to get it to play right with some of my Creamware ASB's and Mainstage 3.Unfortunately the only manual I've found online is for ver.3.2 and my VAX77 is ver.1.6.Do you have access to the older manuals or know where I might find this version?Thanks so much for your time!!Mark

btw- I still absolutely love mine! Van and Glenn at Infinite Response are actively working on a lower-cost version (target price: $1200) that will have PolyAT.

Sounds great! This is an AWESOME keyboard and I hope they'll return full force. :)

btw- I still absolutely love mine! Van and Glenn at Infinite Response are actively working on a lower-cost version (target price: $1200) that will have PolyAT.

They ought to contact that TouchKeys guy and do a collaboration. The main weakness of TouchKeys is it requires a computer, whereas the VAX was standalone.

• 9 months later...

Archived