Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

Well I can tell you guys, Haynesworth's Idol is Reggie White. He see's himself as a tackle period, so he won't play nose in the 3/4. That's a deal breaker for him.

Now what? Can't really trade him with that beast of a salary, can't cut him and take the hit cause he's only one year in. And you can't fire or undermine your DC by changing the scheme for 1 player either.. What to do?

TROLL . . . ish.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I can tell you guys, Haynesworth's Idol is Reggie White. He see's himself as a tackle period, so he won't play nose in the 3/4. That's a deal breaker for him.

Now what? Can't really trade him with that beast of a salary, can't cut him and take the hit cause he's only one year in. And you can't fire or undermine your DC by changing the scheme for 1 player either.. What to do?

You are right. No doubt we have a f'n mess in DC. Hopefully, management can find a way out.

The team has already lost money signing him in the first place and giving up the bonus. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Goodell backs 18 regular-season games

NFL and union officials discussed adding two games to the regular season when they met Wednesday for their first negotiating session since February. Teams would still play a total of 20 games under the proposal. The league would go from four in the preseason and 16 in the regular season to two and 18.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Injuries are a big part of the professional game. I realize that they will be playing the same amount of games, but with Pre season games the vets sit or stand and watch the rookies at lot. 18 regular season games will bring in more $$$ for the NFL, but it will be interesting to see how many players go down and how many QB changes there will be througout the season.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Haynesworth is under contract to the Redskins and has been paid more than THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS by the team since signing with them just a little more than a year ago. If the Redskins coaches want him to play punter, he should get his fat ass to practice to work on his punts!

Won't play nose tackle?!?! Are you f***ing kidding me?!?! Did I mention the THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS?!?! Unbelievable.

This guy is quickly taking the prize for the most selfish professional athlete in DC sports history.

Noah

Players are either trying to secure a big payday or are well fed, er, paid and no longer hungry.

This is precisely the problem with the Skins' brass, PD. They keep giving these guys the big paydays but expecting them to play the same way they did when they working their asses off to EARN those big paydays. To some degree, it's human nature to let off the gas a bit after the fat checks are guaranteed, and the Redskins really should have learned that lesson by now. Alas, they just can't seem to figure it out.

All that said, per my last post, Haynesworth's refusal to play even after getting paid all that money is truly shameful.

Noah

This guy is quickly taking the prize for the most selfish professional athlete in DC sports history.

He still has a way to go to catch up to Terrell Owens. :evil:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Got that Noah, but TO does hold the record for selfish, as well an over-grown big baby. Can't get his way, doesn't get the ball enough times to satisfy his ego? (It would have helped if he was about to CATCH the damn ball when it came his way) Ultimately, Father Time wins the battles that NFL Front Office Administrators don't have the courage to do.

Mike T.

Agree, Mike. It's hard to think of a modern player with a bigger 'tude issue than T.O. You'd think after being run out of four cities (San Fran, Philly, Dallas, and Buffalo) despite his immense talents, something might change, but T.O. seems committed to keeping his "legacy" alive and well.....

Players are either trying to secure a big payday or are well fed, er, paid and no longer hungry.

This is precisely the problem with the Skins' brass, PD. They keep giving these guys the big paydays but expecting them to play the same way they did when they working their asses off to EARN those big paydays. To some degree, it's human nature to let off the gas a bit after the fat checks are guaranteed, and the Redskins really should have learned that lesson by now. Alas, they just can't seem to figure it out.

All that said, per my last post, Haynesworth's refusal to play even after getting paid all that money is truly shameful.

Noah

Haynes-thief is the latest player to make the case for the NFL trying to reign in player contracts. Along with Russell, Haynes(un)worth is insuring nobody else gets paid that much money without a willingness to play every position and/or leave their corpse on the field. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

He still has a way to go to catch up to Terrell Owens. :evil:

Mike T.

http://view.picapp.com//Images/clear.gif

I'd take TO over Haynesworthless anyday. Owens does show up for work on the field. I've never seen TO leave a game for an oxygen break.

There goes another great coach. I'll never forget that Chargers-Dolphins game in 1982. RIP Air Coryell. :cool:

PD

Cough Syrup with Codeine. Me thinks the cops are digging deep to get NFL players. :bor:

Mike T.

Cough Syrup with Codeine. Me thinks the cops are digging deep to get NFL players. :bor:

Mike T.

Apparently he got it without a prescription. Dude's too dumb to go lie to a doctor I guess....
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Yeah, I read that in Peter King's column. Maybe doctors are tightening up their prescriptions or he IS too dumb to go see a doctor. So far he has not been winning an genius awards. :bor:

Mike T.

Sniffing paint thinner might be a better option for that moron. He's already brain dead.

Mike T.

I just saw on ESPN that codeine syrup in a drink called 'purple drank' is all the rage down south with the hip hop crowd.

And has been for a long time. Houston, in particular, is known for this vice. It's not a matter of just having the codeine without a prescription. It's a widely abused (and street-dealt) drug in certain areas.

Yeah, "sipping on syrup" is old but one would think, after having stolen $50M or whatever, he could afford a higher caliber high. These cats are stupid as f'k. :rolleyes::cool:

PD

When we start talking about FOOTBALL season it reminds me that the temperatures will start to get cooler and it will be a lot more comfortable sleeping weather. Life without AC is not.......cool.

Mike T.

Archived