Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM Keyboard Corner Dinner?

zxcvbnm098

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are really fun indeed. I don't have a NAMM badge this year, but may still drive down there for the dinner!

Oops, once again all the get-togethers (KC, MOTU, etc.) are Friday night. I get in at 9pm so that'll be a bit too late. I typically go to the show SAT and sometimes SUN, when I go (this will be my first NAMM in probably three ot four years).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I hope to be there, but may be arriving at NAMM later than usual this year due to day job constraints. Thanks to dB for setting up another Buca night!

Usually I'm at NAMM for the first 2-3 days and home Sunday, but looks like this year I may fly in Friday and see NAMM Sat-Sun, then hopefully a few days on the West Coast exploring after NAMM.

Regards,

Eric

I just looked at tickets for shits and giggles. A little too rich for my blood. Surprisingly expensive considering how cheap other air travel is these days...

What kind of rate were you looking for? Expedia pulled up a bunch options (mostly NW and Delta) from IND-SNA (Orange County) for $197 roundtrip....

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

If I were to look at dates (and I'm not saying that I am) which ones should I look at?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I just looked at tickets for shits and giggles. A little too rich for my blood. Surprisingly expensive considering how cheap other air travel is these days...

What kind of rate were you looking for? Expedia pulled up a bunch options (mostly NW and Delta) from IND-SNA (Orange County) for $197 roundtrip....

dB

Hmmm...
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

I said "maybe". It's within the realm of possibilities. I will be in the area, obviously, and there's every potential that my Friday evening won't end up being otherwise preoccupied. Many stranger things have happened. In fact, it would be so unexpected that now I have a better reason to actually do it. :idea:

:D

• 2 weeks later...

My plan to drop by unannounced to say hello (not to eat), has to give way to sessions I booked today. I'll miss meeting everyone, but I get to spend 3 days with LeAnn Womack in my phones (and get paid for it too :cool:)

Now I have to decide whether flying in Saturday is worth the trouble. :tired:

My plan to drop by unannounced to say hello (not to eat), has to give way to sessions I booked today. I'll miss meeting everyone, but I get to spend 3 days with LeAnn Womack in my phones (and get paid for it too :cool:)

Now I have to decide whether flying in Saturday is worth the trouble. :tired:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

That would have been so cool. Freaking working musicians.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I'll be at NAMM but may not be able to make the dinner. My wife and son will be out with me in California Mon-Fri. I might be at Disneyland with them Friday night. Then again, maybe we'll all come to dinner. :thu: I'll confirm asap.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Dang Dave,

With what everyone here is saying about their schedules, do you think it would be better to move the dinner to Saturday night?

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Well, I'm out for this year. :( I can't get a flight out on Friday night and I have to be back for Monday morning. The Saturday flights don't get me enough time at the show. Sorry I won't get to see or meet anybody. I'll have to make do with the KC NAMM posts. :wave:

Archived