Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM Keyboard Corner Dinner?

zxcvbnm098

As I explained to everyone at the dinner, I'm proud to be able to say I have been to* a Keyboard Corner dinner.

You can say it, but it's not true. Now, if you wanna say you dropped in to say hi, whole different story. :idea:

*As opposed to, attended, participated in, consumed food at, sat down at, helped pay for, or spent more than three minutes at.

Riiiiight...those all are part of "been to"...especially the "sat down at" part. Breezing in and out doesn't count. Sorry...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Riiiiight...those all are part of "been to"...especially the "sat down at" part. Breezing in and out doesn't count. Sorry...

dB

This is like me saying that I've been to a club to see a band when I actually walked in, waved at the band while they were setting up, and then walked back out.

Yeah.

"Yeah"? I briefly positioned one knee against the SteadyB Memorial Empty Chair. At least I was there, even if I wasn't there. :D

At least I had a chair. From what I hear, you weren't there long enough to warrant one.

I was sitting next to KenElevenShadows, so (fortunately!) he was unable to take a picture of me. My wife K8 spent a considerable amount of time interviewing Gus, often en espanol, I hope he survived that! Great time, good food, lotsa yelling across tables- and thanks again to Stephen Fortner/Keyboard Mag for helping to foot the bill!

And yeah, dB was his usual self- very highly animated!

I was sitting next to KenElevenShadows, so (fortunately!) he was unable to take a picture of me. My wife K8 spent a considerable amount of time interviewing Gus, often en espanol, I hope he survived that!

I did survive, indeed!

My memory is terrible and I was sure I met you guys last year... until I saw the pics and confirmed it... we were in front of each other, too :P You were next to Steve Le Blanc!

You and K8 are a very nice couple and I enjoyed talking to you (well, K8 controlled the entire conversation, anyway :D ). Please, say hello to her from her new mexican friend!

:wave:

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Yeah.

"Yeah"? I briefly positioned one knee against the SteadyB Memorial Empty Chair. At least I was there, even if I wasn't there. :D

At least I had a chair. From what I hear, you weren't there long enough to warrant one.

Byron- Jeff just posted something about your mama - and then deleted it. Really.

Bummed I couldn't mix it up with Gus, Geoff, Marzzz, or Ken this year. Hope to meet you folks (except Ken who I already know) and catch up next time around!

-Bobby

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Thanks for having both myself and my bassist Barry over for dinner, Mr. Bryce. It was very nice to see you all at the dinner party and talking shop with you guys! Hope to see you again next year!

FL

www.franklucas.net

It's been so long, you're welcome back my friends......to the show that never ends!!!

Thanks for dinner guys! Nice to finally see some of the old forum folks back together!

Hey Ken- pick a group shot with my eyes open already! :)

Sheesh, you're demanding...you didn't want red eyes, so I delivered on that... :D:D

I was sitting next to KenElevenShadows, so (fortunately!) he was unable to take a picture of me.

Yeah, I could have gotten an extraordinary closeup of your nose or sumpin'.... :D:D

Byron- Jeff just posted something about your mama - and then deleted it. Really.

Maybe he just said he might post something, but then the post didn't show up.

Maybe I briefly posted it but you were busy headlining at Larry's Laugh-a-torium in Des Moines. :D

:D

Well, I am performing at Old Dublin's in Oxnard this Friday night, and then I'll be in the Main Room at The Comedy Store in Hollywood (across the street from House of Blues) on Monday, January 25th - 8:30pm. I'm opening for Chris D'Elia (he's hilarious).

If you want to come to the Comedy Store Show, just let me know and I will put you on the guest list. (that's for any of you guys, not just Jeff)

Archived