Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM Keyboard Corner Dinner?

zxcvbnm098

Indeed.... A big thanks, Stephen ! It was an awesome time, and great to finally meet all of you.

Enjoy the leftovers Bobby... BTW: you rocked that CP1 this afternoon; loved the gospel licks.

Y'all sounded good too! I am about to go reheat said leftovers and see if I can watch a little football.

To Stephen Fortner, thanks for taking a bite out of the bill! And to dB, thanks for organizing the dinner, ordering some great choices, and handling the bill calculation. Your enthusiasm is what binds this thing together my friend.

It was great meeting those that I met for the first time: Allan, Jason Stansfield, Eric Frampton, JEFF KLOPMEYER!!!. It was great seeing old friends: Jamie, Markyboard, Eric L., anyone else I'm forgetting. Awesome time! Can't wait for next year.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.elevenshadows.com/sss/ Click on the first link, which has photos of the dinner.

http://www.elevenshadows.com/sss/namm2010/images/51davesherri.jpg

Hi guys, sorry I missed the dinner last night. I know how awesome it is each year. If any of you are still in town Sunday night, before heading home, I'm performing standup - 8:00pm - at:

Upper Manhattan Lounge

3600 Highland Ave.

Manhattan Beach, CA 90266

(424) 206-5334

If I don't see you, have a safe trip home and I will definitely see you all at the dinner next year!

Just got home and got to say the dinner was awesome! I believe there was also some kind of music show going on this weekend as well. :D I really enjoyed sitting at the "other " table this time which allowed me the opportunity to share good discussions with some of you for the first time. It's just unreal how cool and unique this forum is.

Special thanks to Steve Fortner and Keyboard for footing a good portion of the bill and of course dB who once again did a spectacular job organizing the event and ordering the food. Hope to see you all again next year.

Yeah Mark, it got downright philosophical at some points! It's cool to be able to come together and have a discussion like we did. Unique and cool is a good way of putting it!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Sorry you weren't there, man. Woulda been great to see you.

Click here to check out some photos of the NAMM show and dinner on my Eleven Shadows website. Click on first link for photos of the dinner and a few NAMM things.

Thank you very much, Dave, for organizing everything. I really appreciate everything!!!!

Yeah, Geoff is always a total pleasure to hang out with. I wish you could have been there. And thanks...glad you like the photos. Was my little point and shoot camera, but it still shoots decent shots. I just didn't wanna bear the thought of lugging my big camera around, especially since I ate at Taco Mi Pueblo twice (my car was parked near there), once for lunch just to get out of the noisy building.

Yup, Scott Kinsey was there, and he is a very down to earth guy.

Thanks to DB for inviting him.

There some great conversations about music you learn from teachers and the real life lessons we learn via experience and wood shedding.

Marc

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke.

- My original music projects: http://www.myspace.com/marcpaley

XXX (pass)...Scott Kinsey was there? Why do I have to be in friggin' Holland when that happens! :mad::freak:

OK I'll ask now- other than a good friend of dB and hearing that Scott is a monster keyboardist (I did see him briefly play just a bit in the Yamaha room) I know nothing of him. Someone enlighten me please.

So who was the Mystery Guest

There were two - one was able to make it (Scott Kinsey) and one was not (Jeff Lorber).

dB

That's cool.

Who's Scott Kinsey?

Nevermind. ;) The place was packed with world class talent.

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

XXX (pass)...Scott Kinsey was there? Why do I have to be in friggin' Holland when that happens! :mad::freak:

OK I'll ask now- other than a good friend of dB and hearing that Scott is a monster keyboardist (I did see him briefly play just a bit in the Yamaha room) I know nothing of him. Someone enlighten me please.

Did you see Oceans 11? I didn't. (that's my excuse)

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

I'm really glad to see that you guys have had another great night under Dave's director wand - once again, the pictures and reports are bringing memories of last year. I wouldn't have minded to exchange a few ides with Scott Kinsey too... :D

As I explained to everyone at the dinner, I'm proud to be able to say I have been to* a Keyboard Corner dinner.

*As opposed to, attended, participated in, consumed food at, sat down at, helped pay for, or spent more than three minutes at.

:D

Good to see everyone, even briefly. :thu:

Thanks, nice photos, Ken :thu: And Geoff Grace was there, too? Man, did I pick the wrong time to go back.

I've attended more of these dinners than I've missed -- I'm sure we will have an opportunity to meet.

As always, I had a great time connecting with forum members! :thu:

And a big +1 to all of the following quotes:

What a lovely night. Good to see you all, guys, and nice meeting the ones I met for the first time.

and thanks to Stephen Fortner for having Keyboard Magazine paying a part of the huge bill. Nice touch, Stephen, but the best part was having you with us :thu:

And to dB, thanks for organizing the dinner, ordering some great choices, and handling the bill calculation. Your enthusiasm is what binds this thing together my friend.

Yup, Scott Kinsey was there, and he is a very down to earth guy.

Good to see everyone, even briefly. :thu:

And good to see you too and meet Programgirl.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Archived