Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Informal Drop In OT Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at that the other day. it is hilarious. The guys said two days, he's days seem to go forever. lol

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

The other end of the clothes dryer wormhole is in my sock drawer. I have about 15 black socks there, all different.

Oh, and Collingwood lost again on Saturday, after leading in the first 3 quarters. I don't know how they do this so often.

Epi EB-3

G-K Backline 600

2 x Eden EX112

You guys play football (soccer) in quarters??

Oh . . . your link just loaded . . . that kind of football!

Aussie Rules Football

Wow! That is obscure, I bet 99% of posters on this forum have never heard of that kind of football.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Rules_football

I've seen some Gaelic football and TV and that looked similar, it was fun to watch.

It's fairly new to Scotland.

"Swamp Soccer originates from the swamps of Finland in northern Europe. Many years ago cross country skiers were training in the swamps during the summer months, when they decided to alter their schedule by playing with a football. Though kicking a ball in marshy conditions was tough, they all had a very good time. The skiers decided to approach Jyrki Vaananen, a well known events organiser, to ask him to make Swamp Soccer an event. So in 1997 Swamp Soccer was born! In year 1 the tournament had 13 teams. Five years later it had become a world championship event with 260 teams. The event is now one of the biggest football tournaments on the planet!

In the last few years Swamp Soccer (sometimes referred to as extreme soccer) has increasingly become a global game. Tournaments now occur in Russia, the Netherlands, Brazil (yes Brazil), Sweden, Iceland . and now the UK!

Stewart Miller, the founder of the UK tournament, met Jyrki Vaananen (Swamp Baron) in Iceland in 2004. Both got talking about football in a bar while the Icelandic wind and rain continued to blow outside. A few hours (and a few beers) later a partnership was born, and both individuals have been working together since that initial meeting to make Swamp Soccer UK a success."

http://www.swampsoccer.co.uk/images/mud_covered_girl.jpg

Now is that an actual player or a model??

New England update.. It is sunny here and nice weather for 4 consecutive(sp) days!! Scary things are yet to come!!

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

It's going to be interesting though now that they're going against Ottawa. If Ottawa doesn't choke like usual, that is and of course, Jersey had the better record in games between the two this season as well. Ottawa owned Pittsburgh in the first round though.

Regardless this could be Buffalo's or Anaheim's year I think.

Cheers

Newf :D

Just got back from a John Butler Trio gig at the Roundhouse in London. Reason I am posting this in the bass forum?

I saw one of the most interesting URB solo's I have seen in a long time (well.. ever), for non Jazz.

Maaaan... Shannon Birchell can play the HELL out of his Graphite URB... I think the solo was a couple of minutes long.. He was chucking in harmonics, lovely little runs.. It was an extremely musical solo too... Not just some mindless wanking "in key".

So to those who say you cannot solo on URB, you are just plain wrong. :-)

I hope somebody in the audience recorded it (there were a lot of cameras out) so I will keep a close eye on youtube, I think you guys would really appreciate it.

It was a freekin awesome show too! The bass lines really do take the band that step up IMO, simple when required and absolutely smoking for the rest of the time.

TOP just played the Hi-Hat in Providence RI last night.. did I go?? No :( had rehearsal with a guest sax player for tomorrow night.

Friends went and I actually can't wait to hear about the show even though I missed it. I know I know shame on me.

Weathers crappy here and I am in good spirits! Something is scary...very scary.

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

New projects???

I'm trying to expand my opportunities a little so as well as gigging with these guys -

http://usera.imagecave.com/feilik/rocknrollers1.jpg

Groovefactor/The Rock and Rollers (50s, 60s 70s covers)

I'm depping with this singer at some point

http://www.myspace.com/annabengo

. . . and going for a jam with these guys, not sure about the music yet but intrigued by them describing their music as influenced by Coltrane, Bowie and Polar Bear. They need a new bassist.

http://www.myspace.com/suzukicarcrash

Then I'm learning material for a showcase gig for a reggae/soul singer sometime, might never happen

. . . and one of these days I'm forming my own band to play Bossa Nova in bars and clubs.

Phew!

What are you guys up to?

Phil W

I thought you knew the rules. Where is the brick wall? And I dig the four handed guitar player. Shred, baby, shred!

Peace

Paul K

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

New projects???

I'm trying to expand my opportunities a little so as well as gigging with these guys -

http://usera.imagecave.com/feilik/rocknrollers1.jpg

Groovefactor/The Rock and Rollers (50s, 60s 70s covers)

and clubs.

Phew!

What are you guys up to?

Look how stingey Phil is.. the one bloke/mate (trying to make you feel at home phil :) is sharing his g****r with the rest of the guys and there is Phil... being a HOG with his WAL... Look at that protective stance like he's gonna have to run to the Pharmacy for some Penicilin(sp) if any of them touch it. Jeez... :)

I'm working with a Blues player and a drummer (ala Hendrix; White guy rhythm section with a black Lead n singer) Learning the tunes now and having fun. The leader (nana nana nana nana "LLEEAADDERR" ~ to BATMAN theme) wants the songs to be 'tight' which kind of goes against my blues knowledge. I thought more of being laid back. I think he just wants the tunes down and clean and to not be sloppy. Its a good twist.

My main 'cover' group has been having subs sit in. couple keyboards n last week a sax player. We push all the rock n roll stuff on him that we could. heh He did a great job and we had a good time entertaining the crowd. Pulled out Hot ROd Lincoln and had dancers rippin away!

Tried to make it as exciting as Phils but fell WAY short!! :)

HEY YOU GUYS!!!

Now tell me where that's from.

Anyway, hello to all. Been away for a little spell. Hope all is well in our little world. Got some news. Some of my material is going to MTV.

Well, not musical material. Sold a couple of my roadie shirts to MTV Networks from NYC.

http://images.cafepress.com/product/24107962v5_240x240_Front_Color-AshGrey.jpghttp://images.cafepress.com/product/24107962v5_240x240_Back_Color-AshGrey.jpg

So, anyone who watches TRL or whatever they call the shows they do, keep an eye out for my Generic Wear. As a shameless plug, I must say that I offer a variety of Bass Gear as well. :cool:

Talk at you later!

ATM

Okay.... anyone have any idea how long it took that guy to do the drum kit vid that Phil posted? Just great!

Thanks for the links Phil.. I am still fresh off the cable modem turnip truck and loving it!

Put some new strings on my Epi EB3 on the weekend - first new set. They are Fender Superbass heavies - 50 70 90 110. Seems to fix the problem of floppy E when tuned down a semi, and gives it a more meaty sound. Nicer to play, too. Pleased I am.

Seems odd putting Fender strings on a 'Gibby'.

Epi EB-3

G-K Backline 600

2 x Eden EX112

• 3 weeks later...