Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I check craigslist just for fun. Found this gem.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty awesome. Price a bit on the wishful side, absent info about condition, etc.

+1

I"ve often thought a running thread on cool Craigslist finds would be good to have, just for fun.

Here for the gear.

....absent info about condition, etc.

You could deduce that this is at least in a similar condition as all the other things people lay out on their lawn for a weekend yard sale. People can come up with a price in a wide range of ways not indicative of any first hand knowledge. While it is not being subjected to anything worse than what might happen at an outdoor gig you have to wonder about the presentation and how it reflects on their idea of the item.

Craigslist I don't know... If deal too good you need to wear a pair of welders gloves because the item is probably real hot. Probably should bring that a bodyguard friend the seller wants to use you for an ATM.

Funny one out wear I live. Some guy went in to the local GC and asked to try out a $5000 Les Paul. He waits until the young girl at GC go over to watch the door. The guy starts walking to the door and the girl tried to stop him and he just stares her down and she backs off. Then a week later the Les Paul shows up on the local Craigslist and one of the other GC sales people sees it. How dumb can that thief be? Well I guess GC is dumber. He shows the store manager the Craigslist post and say lets get cops and go get it back. The manager said no, gave some excuse it not how GC handles these things and the store is insured so not really out anything. Dam, I wonder if the thief walked into GC with the Les Paul to sell as used if they'd buy it back from him????

I wonder if the thief walked into GC with the Les Paul to sell as used if they'd buy it back from him????

If possession is 9 tenths of the law then I guess they would. Beats some bullshit excuse about wife wanting the garage back.

:nopity:

The guy who used to do my keyboard repairs had a super continental. He asked me if I wanted it; since I have a Howard Combo organ and hardly ever play it I didn't really have any interest in his supercontinental. Hindsight this may have been a mistake but oh well......

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

In the not too distant past on Craigslist I've picked up a Prophet 600 for $350, a V-Synth for $600, an XP-80 for $375 (don't judge - I like this particular line of Roland romplers) and similar deals in sound gear - all (with the exception of the P-600) in great condition.

Sadly, this Super Continental is typical of what's offered today - overpriced and missing crucial parts (in this case the chrome stand). I don't know what's going on - maybe the alternative of Reverb? - but whatever it is, there just doesn't seem to be any good deals anymore.

In the not too distant past on Craigslist I've picked up a Prophet 600 for $350, a V-Synth for $600, an XP-80 for $375 (don't judge - I like this particular line of Roland romplers) and similar deals in sound gear - all (with the exception of the P-600) in great condition.

Sadly, this Super Continental is typical of what's offered today - overpriced and missing crucial parts (in this case the chrome stand). I don't know what's going on - maybe the alternative of Reverb? - but whatever it is, there just doesn't seem to be any good deals anymore.

I'm not into owning these gems but great to see, hear play. If this person doesn't have the stand then I agree, no way. Maybe they will be adding more pics.

I owned the single manual for many years.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

I've found craigslist to be completely random and worth following.

One person will want umpty bajillion for something absurd, another will be giving something away because they are moving and it's easier than donating it to Starvation Army.

Would a thief give something away? I'm thinking not, they would be putting themselves at risk for nothing.

It's worth a look, maybe worth an email sometimes. I just bought a beautiful hand drum from a seller who bought it 15 years ago thinking he would play it and didn't. All handmade, beautiful work including the stand. $50, you can't get much for $50 at a music shop and certainly not something this nice. It had been on there for 22 days before I shot him a line.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I too will occasionally browse my local CL. My dream is that I will find the equivalent of the little old lady selling a car that she only drove to town once a month but for whatever reason has decided it's time to let it go.

I think CL is a valuable resource. Certainly, most items/deals are not worthwhile and/or sketchy, but there are also plenty of legit sellers out there.

I just haven't yet found a local little old lady who needs to get rid of a B3 or vintage Leslie. But I'll keep looking,

Incidentally, I've spent less time looking at Reverb. But seems like there is less inventory there, at least for the east coast.

I just haven't yet found a local little old lady who needs to get rid of a B3 or vintage Leslie. But I'll keep looking,

They are still out there. Here's my little old lady CL find from a few years back:

http://www.hotrodmotm.com/images/hammond/55-b3.jpg

And then not two months later, another CL find:

http://www.hotrodmotm.com/images/hammond/hammond-c3-1963-1.jpg

Moe

---

This Rippen metal grand has been listed on and off for the past yearâ¦

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/msg/d/north-vancouver-northwest-central/7357739677.html

Wasn't that on the Hindenburg?

According to this pic, no. Looks like it could have been an aluminum Bluthner.

http://www.airships.net/wp-content/uploads/piano-group-web-wk.jpg

Here for the gear.

Is there any chance this thing actually works? One of the rare times I've seen a posting for an item that isn't 1000 miles away from me.

The single photo shows it looking in pretty good condition. Certainly worth emailing the poster if you're interested! Even if it needs some work it could be worth it if you have the means to transport it - and the space for it. I'm tempted myself, but I already have a B3 and CV, and my wife would probably kick me out of the house if I brought another one home.

...Unless that A100 belonged to his dear departed wife, and he's now moving to Illinois, and it's already on the truck, but he might be able to get the truck guys to divert it if you can wire the some money.....

Just came across one of those (again) in my area, the same Yamaha 7' that's always put up by the fraudsters. I stayed with the game until they provided me with a telephone number -- and then I gave that number to the state AG's consumer fraud division.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...