Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Roland RD-2000! Used! Cheap! Very excited!

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, Invisible keyboard stand (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson

Erica Synth Black Sequencer and Pamela's New Workout for my Eurorack. It will sequence 4 channels and is easy to learn and remember. Built in quantizer. Lots of fun. Pam's Workout is 8 channels of LFO, EG and other goodies. Got a mixer and a couple other items for it at the same time.

[video:youtube]

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I won a Microphone Parts kit for upgrading an MXL 990 to a real large diaphragm condenser mic with a JFET/Transformer circuit. To build it, I had to buy a used MXL 990, there are lots of them out there and they go pretty cheap. Which they should, because it isn't much of a mic by itself. It IS a small diaphragm condenser made with cheap components.

I built the kit, installed it and WOW!!! It's a great sounding mic now. So, I bought an MXL 990 and gutted it. Dimes on the dollar for what I ended up with and it was fun to build too.

AND, I also picked up a Groove Tubes GT55 large diaphragm mic off eBay. It was priced low and once I "watched" it I got an offer for a lower price so I grabbed it. That's a nice sounding mic too, it will get used.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I just purchased a pair of refurbished Alto TS310's for $340 total with a 14 day return policy. I'm anxious to see how they compare to my Yamaha DBR10 to determine if I hang onto them or return them and use the money to buy a second DBR10.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

I just purchased a pair of refurbished Alto TS310's for $340 total with a 14 day return policy.
Hey, where do you go to get refurbished Alto's? I love their stuff -- and no, they did not pay me $5 to say that.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

I just purchased a pair of refurbished Alto TS310's for $340 total with a 14 day return policy.
Hey, where do you go to get refurbished Alto's? I love their stuff -- and no, they did not pay me $5 to say that.
Early last week there were eight refurbished Alto TS310's listed on Reverb.com for $185 each with free shipping (plus sales tax). My offers of $150 for one and $165 for a second one were accepted. All eight were snapped up within a day or two. I was lucky that I happened to see them because I hadn't sniffed around on the Reverb.com site for a couple of months.

FWIW... Here's the original Reverb.com add for the refurbished Alto TS310's. Maybe the guy will have some more refurbished Alto stuff available before too much longer:

https://reverb.com/item/38529260-alto-professional-ts310-2000-w-10-2-way-powered-speaker-refurbished-by-alto

I tested the two TS310's out yesterday after they were delivered and, as reported by others here at KC, they are definately serious bang-for-the-buck. I'm going to unload a couple of Behringer B212d's, a Casio CTK-3500, and a Rolls headphone amp on local Craiglist to help pay for 'em.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

Was looking at a headphone amp on Kijiji... probably not at the top of the list of things I need to buy, but likely eventually, and it was a pretty good deal. Looked through the dude's other listings and he had just put up three "office cubicle dividers" (sound baffles) for free to pickup about a half hour ago. Sent him a message but they were unfortunately already pending. Offered to buy the headphone amp and a cheap mandolin he also had, and he let me take em all. So, all told, three baffles, a six-spot racked ART headphone amp, and a Lonestar mandolin. I love Kijiji.

Was looking at a headphone amp on Kijiji... probably not at the top of the list of things I need to buy, but likely eventually, and it was a pretty good deal. Looked through the dude's other listings and he had just put up three "office cubicle dividers" (sound baffles) for free to pickup about a half hour ago. Sent him a message but they were unfortunately already pending. Offered to buy the headphone amp and a cheap mandolin he also had, and he let me take em all. So, all told, three baffles, a six-spot racked ART headphone amp, and a Lonestar mandolin. I love Kijiji.

Nice! I have an ART HeadAmp 5 and it sounds good. I just wanted something for tracking that anybody can adjust on the fly. 5 channels is more than I need, 2 would be plenty but it was affordable and punches above it's weight so I'm happy with it.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Just arrived today!

I bought an Electro 6D 73 earlier this year, but just could not warm up to it -- which I should have expected since I've also owned an Electro 2, 4D, and 5D and was lukewarm on them, too (isn't that the definition of "insanity"?). So I sold the Electro and put the money towards a Hammond SK Pro 73.

Right out of the box, the SK Pro 73 just feels and sounds more right to me. My only disappointment is that I won't get much time to explore it today and I'm leaving first thing in the morning for gigs all weekend.

SKPro73-large.jpg

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

No picture, but I just bought a 4'x6' "entry rug," rubber bottomed, designed for people to wipe muddy boots on. It now goes under my keyboard stand, myself, and my recently home-made pedal board whenever I am on a wooden or concrete stage surface. The bottom of the pedal board is covered in 40-grit sandpaper, so when it sits on that rug it stays. No more pedal chasing! Bonus: I'm not grounded to anything when I am on that rug.
'

I got a cheap indoor/outdoor rug from lowes for that reason...I kind of like the idea of having one that goes under me as well. The band often brings a rug for the stage, just makes for a cool atmosphere. My Lowe's rug is essentially the "loop" part of velcro, so I put the hook side velcro on the pedals and they stay put. Extra bonus for keeping them out of the dirt and grit (or even mulch, I'm sorry to say...some gigs...)

My next purchase was *going* to be a Behringer p16m monitor mixer to go with the band's main Behringer mixer...but I'm leery of spending considering the covid situation, things might get shut down again at some point...our singer is having massive stress issues over it as people around her get sick (including some vaccinated, but not as seriously.) A guy my age that I used to jam with just passed away, he was on a ventilator. I think it's possible that the band folds, and she owns the main mixer.

Later this year I may get a new ipad mini when they come out...I'm almost a true believer :) It's been great at gigs, though for three songs at my last one it refused to "see" the MODX as its interface or as a midi input. I disconnected/reconnected a few times until it suddenly saw it. That's strike 1, but it gets a bit of leeway for being solid to that point. I think I'm causing issues by disconnecting it between sets to power it (my fancy dual camera connection kit started failing on me). The mini will be a better size for me and more powerful by far than my 5th gen ipad.

Behringer Odyssey. Can't wait till Sunday when it gets here.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Nice! Which version did you get? I was so close to pulling the trigger on this but at the last moment got something else instead. I think I will get one for myself on my birthday in October. I want the original black and orange because that is the one I lusted after years ago.

I got a 1010music Bitbox MK2 eurorack sampler to complete my Eurorack system. Also picked up a Mutable Instruments Plaits, but the BitBox is the biggie.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Both my AA battery-hungry "magic" bluetooth mouse and the cheap Dell wired mouse that I borrowed from work conked out,

I decided to take a chance on this cheap Bluetooth mouse, which is USB-rechargeable. While it does feel cheap compare do the Apple mouse, it works as expected.

51YdJpUNTEL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Bluetooth-Laptop-Wireless-MacBook/dp/B07QX63P3Z/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=mac+bluetooth+mouse&qid=1629136826&sr=8-3

Did I already mention Memorymoon's ME80? It has very solid effects onboard that enhance the goods, but I'm favoring Logic's legacy Averb followed by Valhalla's Supermassive. There are a couple of classic instant-Vangelis patches in evidence, which are welcome and tempting, but the rest have ample CS-80 breadth and cream, too. 200-pound frame and oscillators that go out of tune if you sneeze not included. I'd like a hardware analog of that mega pitch strip to plug in, but so far, the Hydrasynth makers aren't offering that as an accessory. Drat. :idea::D

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

Both my AA battery-hungry "magic" bluetooth mouse and the cheap Dell wired mouse that I borrowed from work conked out,

I decided to take a chance on this cheap Bluetooth mouse, which is USB-rechargeable. While it does feel cheap compare do the Apple mouse, it works as expected.

https://smile.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Bluetooth-Laptop-Wireless-MacBook/dp/B07QX63P3Z/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=mac+bluetooth+mouse&qid=1629136826&sr=8-3

Bought this back in may cause my touch pad sucks. I've used the earlier models in the past but this newer one is way better.

It has a USB receiver or you can use Bluetooth, the resolution is alot better and you don't need alot of realestate for a track ball

71tVsblY6rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Nice! Which version did you get?

Black and orange. It's the only color scheme available for the Behringer version. Korg had them in all three colors.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

I went ahead and got the Behringer p16m personal monitor mixer. Seems like we are moving forward permanently with the xr18 as our mixer, I prefer the QSC touchmix we have but the band leaders (who own and shlep the PA) like the small rack form factor.

This will allow me to get all 16 channels via an ethernet cable, then I can build my mix. I could already control my send via app, but now I have stereo (we don't have enough sends for me to have two) and a limiter, which I didn't have before. I don't see a need to EQ stuff but panning will be great. The guitar and keys are both stereo, which should sound killer in my in-ears, and I can pan each vocal slightly apart.

Instead of my old pre-fader-send mixer that I was using to hack around the limitations and hear stereo, I'll now be using my Key Largo again so that is another benefit. On the down side, both Key Largo and this unit have wall warts but I'll probably mini-snake them together into a small extension cord. I have a little mic stand laptop platform that will fit both the KL and the p16.

Bought this back in may cause my touch pad sucks. I've used the earlier models in the past but this newer one is way better.

It has a USB receiver or you can use Bluetooth, the resolution is alot better and you don't need alot of realestate for a track ball

I like this asymmetrical format, but I've never found a format for left-handed. Although I'm right handed, I use the mouse left handed.

Both my AA battery-hungry "magic" Bluetooth mouse and the cheap Dell wired mouse that I borrowed from work conked out,

The new magic mouse recharges with a lightning cable. The old was crap, not only was it battery hungry but there was a design error creating a disconnect issue in the battery compartment.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Both my AA battery-hungry "magic" Bluetooth mouse and the cheap Dell wired mouse that I borrowed from work conked out,

The new magic mouse recharges with a lightning cable. The old was crap, not only was it battery hungry but there was a design error creating a disconnect issue in the battery compartment.

That explains some things. That first-gen Apple magic mouse and wireless keyboard both arrived with my iMac. If I'd been given a choice I would have picked the wired keyboard and wired mouse.

So far my $14 wireless mouse is serving me pretty well.

I don't notice any more latency than I had with any wired mouse. I move the mouse, and the pointer on the screen moves with it. I don't see a problem? :confused:

Then again, I don't play video games with my mouse. My only music-related use for it is to tweak stuff in Ableton Live and whatever plugins are running with it.

I find with my Mac is a necessity to keep a wired mouse around for when the battery start going low and mouse cops an attitude on what it will or won't do. On top of that Apple stupid interface since the beginning can't be used without a mouse, other OS's you can at least tab around to do things like shutdown. The Apple keyboard at least it can be used while plugged in to recharge.

I tend to like wifi mouse and keyboard from my SysAdmin days. Most OS's the wifi code get loaded early so mouse and KB are usable, but with bluetooth being a later tech the bluetooth driver doesn't get loaded till later so when trying to get into boot-up menu can be impossible.

I don't like the current Apple mouse because the top is so dam sensitive and I can't find a way to turn down the sensitivity. From playing guitar and keyboard I'm used to keeping my fingers just hovering close above the surface and the dam mouse thinks I'm trying to scroll. Big pain when dealing with music and video players. This is like the IBM Thinkpads (my favorite laptop) except when they start to get old the touchpad becomes hyper-sensitive get like using the current Mac mouse.

Now the crazy setup is that post-production job I had the system I used was setup by the main protools engineer and he still came in to use it now and then. He used two mouse's one with a rollerball and other just regular older Apple mouse. It was crazy watching him work he knew ProTools keyboard commands inside out and two mice he was all over that screen working crazy fast. He said he used two mice so whatever hand wasn't doing a keyboard command could be moving the mouse.