Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: I feel like i am annoying?

The irony is, if you possess enough self-awareness that you would ask such a question, it's likely that you're not very annoying.

A forum catch-22.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a decent fellow, Paul. Be aware, but don't get too caught up in it, either. It's a fine line.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I can't help but feel that the point of all this is just for the OP to have a thread on page 1 for some period of time. Until the next time.

That's not a serious offense. But trying to help someone who's not trying to help themself gets old pretty quickly.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

"That's enough about me . . . let's talk about you . . . what do YOU think about me?"

(It's a line from the movie "Beaches.")

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

"That's enough about me . . . let's talk about you . . . what do YOU think about me?"

(It's a line from the movie "Beaches.")

Can't see myself EVER watching that movie, but that's a great line!!

The irony is, if you possess enough self-awareness that you would ask such a question, it's likely that you're not very annoying.

This rings true to basic, human decency; much more so than a couple of harsh replies I've seen here. From a psychological perspective, I guess some have pulled themselves 'up by their own bootstraps'. Really though, we are all incomplete in different ways, and bring our own oddities to the table. So Paul, I'm fine with you being here, quirks and all; just like me. Please don't split on us. The more we can help each other diminish the 'not good enough' loop in our heads, the better it is.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Thank you Allan!

Although some people think i might be :deadhorse: .

Or would rather do this :hitt: too me.

And do this :nopity: too me.

I"m not perfect! I"m not looking for help, just too talk. The only reason why I post in here, and not Craig"s open mic forum. There is more traffic and more replies. Besides, not everyone has too read my posts, or even leave a reply.

I just need to take everything with a grain of salt.

Thank you Allan!

Although some people think i might be :deadhorse: .

Or would rather do this :hitt: too me.

And do this :nopity: too me.

I"m not perfect! I"m not looking for help, just too talk. The only reason why I post in here, and not Craig"s open mic forum. There is more traffic and more replies. Besides, not everyone has too read my posts, or even leave a reply.

I just need to take everything with a grain of salt.

Just do you Paul. You're right that no one has to read your posts. Do what makes you happy.

Hi Paul,

That depends on which 'sports team' you support !!

Chris

Baltimore Ravens

OK, now you"re annoying. At least to me, anyway. I"m from northeast Ohio.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

I tell people I'm "Sports Impaired," meaning I don't care a whit who wins which game in whatever sport. Call me sexist if you wish, but I'll root for the team with the best-looking cheerleaders. If the sport has no cheerleaders, then my interest level drops from very low to nonexistent.

Frankly, I'd rather read a book, or write a story of my own.

Or...uh...do something weird like play music...

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Well you're right, and I thank you for that, and you will no longer be hearing from me. Randelph is right! I don"t want to do anything with music, and i have been wasting everyone"s time. It"s for the best that i leave.

See? That's how to be annoying. You're not trying hard enough

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Besides, not everyone has too read my posts, or even leave a reply.

I'm glad the denizens of KC are generally cool with occasional venting by forum regulars. My only beef with the OP is that the titles of threads like this should have "OT - " prepended. It helps everyone decide which threads to read. IMO this is basic forum etiquette (and it lowers your risk of, well, annoying other forum members).

As someone who cares about the quality of this forum (and I am one of many, I know), I only worry about stuff that might become a negative trend. One individual venting about their personal frustrations is not going to become a trend. I would like to help Paul, that's why I open his threads. But there's not a heck of a lot anyone can do through this medium.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64