Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

behringer what's going on???

superpowter77

I just realized on latest reviews regarding behringer products people have been amazed with their current quality-value standards.

I remember 2 years ago when I bought a big behringer keyboard amp and it was a piece of junk(well constructed but poor audio quality).

Anybody have some experience with Behringer Eurodesk SL2442FXPRO 24 and Behringer K3000FX Ultratone keyboard amp???

It's just too good to be true....

Are they actually manufacturing decent products???

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why not, everybody/everything moves farward,

and fix their mistakes. Example Hyundai, much better car now as I heard.

And they had already good mixers etc. So making good ,reliable amp is no that difficult. Just bunch of transistors closed in the box :D

BTW I'm about to buy K1800FX 180W 12" speaker for 220$

http://www.behringerdownload.de/KFX-series/K1800FX_Tech_Info_Rev_B.pdf#search=%22K1800FX%22

♫♫♫ motif XS6, RD700GX

I own a Behringer SL2442FX-Pro mixer....I have to say that for the money and the features you can't beat it. Maybe I was a lucky one....but I've had and used it in a gigging band for a year and a half....with no problems. I recently replaced it with a Yamaha board only because we use IEM's and the Yamaha has 4 aux sends so we each have a seperate monitor mix.....we also needed more channels....

All I need to say about B$inger...

Went down to the music shop the other day to see if they had a trem bar for my Ibanez in their parts bin at the repair booth.

4 Behringer amps sitting there with tags on them. 2 Keyboards. A stomp box and a Eurodesk on the table, open, obviously being worked on. 2 more Eurodesks in the rack waiting to be fixed. A V-Amp as well. Out of about 25 pieces to be repaired, nearly half were Behringer.

Posted by superpowter77:

Anybody have some experience with Behringer Eurodesk SL2442FXPRO 24

I have the Eurodesk SL3242FXPRO 32 which basically has 32 tracks instead of 24 so in essensce it the same thing. TRhe features are near identical. I was reluctant after hearing so many issues about Behringer products. I haven't had any issues with this mixer and it has worked wonderfully with everything I have. (knock on wood, never hurts) For the money I spent its hard to beat. Incredible value at a great price.

If I was in marketing at Behringer and my company got a bad rap for things breaking down, I'd have to find some way to get people's confidence back and sell our products as well. Nothing better than great pricing. People will buy it and if your products are better, the word will get out. I think back to Roland with workstations years ago when compared with Yamaha and Korg. Now they have a product to compete on the same level. Its a ggod product and now that thinking is old news. Maybe Behringer is trying to do the same thing. Just my 2 cents ;)

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

I was going to buy used duel channel Behringer EQ, but then I thought about all the distain for Behringer products.

Although I have never bought a Behringer Product, In my eyes they are on the same line as GM cars without a recall.

Never Ever will I buy a B-word Product. They seriously need to have a major overhaul.

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

I use a Behringer mixer since years. Perfect reliability. The only product that had the features I needed at an incredible price. Not to mention the best S/N ratio and specs of its category. I also know other people who use Behringer mixers with similar satisfaction.

You can always choose a similar product with another name on it for more $ or a brand that "doesn't imitate others" (although such a company doesn't exist) if it makes you feel good. ;)

Behringer is the Wal-Mart of Pro Audio. A wide variety of brand new, inexpensive knock-offs. :cool:

I grabbed a Behringer mic pre to heat up the signal going into my DAW. It has worked flawlessly.

Despite their best business practices :rolleyes: , they are convenient when you need a piece in a pinch. ;)

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Originally posted by Cydonia:

I use a Behringer mixer since years. Perfect reliability. The only product that had the features I needed at an incredible price. Not to mention the best S/N ratio and specs of its category. I also know other people who use Behringer mixers with similar satisfaction.

:thu:

Been using my mixer for over 2 years without a single problem. Sounds great. Extremely durable. Its been dropped a few times, knocked over countless times, and I transport it in a cardboard box.

Guess some people just love spending extra $$ for a brand name instead of performance. I would rather spend wisely.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Originally posted by Prague:

Originally posted by RicBassGuy:

Maybe they'll start designing their own products and writing their own user manuals, too. :rolleyes:

Their price may be right, but their business ethics stink.

Ethics aren't important to a lot of musicians, unfortunatley.
that's interesting statement... :eek:

where are you come from men? :freak:

what have musicians ethics to do with what're they buying...

♫♫♫ motif XS6, RD700GX

Originally posted by Prague:

Originally posted by delirium:

what have musicians ethics to do with what're they buying...

Many musicians don't care if they buy from a company with poor business ethics, as long as it saves them a buck.
Its not just musicians and gear.

How many people buy Nike running shoes?

How may people have their homes secured by ADT?

Should people return their HP computers now that the CEO has resigned in shame?

What about Micro$oft? Their early business practices rivaled those of the Third Reich.

Steve

www.rock-xtreme.com

Prague,

just wander if you ever do shopping in Wallmart...

or in Shoprite...

or do you take gas at Exon stations...

and so long.

Check these guys ethics....

You would fall from the chair.

I can assure you people ethics have nothing to do with where they buying, it has only to do with how much they earn.

♫♫♫ motif XS6, RD700GX

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

Been using my mixer for over 2 years without a single problem. Sounds great. Extremely durable. Its been dropped a few times, knocked over countless times, and I transport it in a cardboard box.

Guess some people just love spending extra $$ for a brand name instead of performance. I would rather spend wisely.

Question for you....

Exactly how many other mixers have you worked with? What makes and models were they, exactly?

You sound just like the people I used to talk to about surround systems that said, blankly, when presented with better options "well, my (insert crap brand here) system works good enough" or "I guess this (insert crap system here) oughta be good enough, I don't reckon I need to get that big expensive one" (even though it has far more features, sounds 30x better, and has a great warranty and the customer service to back it up)

Originally posted by Cydonia:

:thu:

+1 re a small mixer that is 4-5 years old. Their smal mixers aren't bad at all. Seems to me that their build quality is getting worse though, not better. But don't believe me - just open up the box and take a look inside. Some of their new lines (guitar fx pedals, keyboard amps) are not built to last.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

Originally posted by Griffinator:

Question for you....

Exactly how many other mixers have you worked with? What makes and models were they, exactly?

Been doing this for over 30 years. Have used everything from Sound City. to Mackie, to Fender, to Yamaha, to Tapco, to many others in between.

I don't scrimp on my gear. I just hate to overpay because some egotists feel brand A is superior to brand B.

Steve

www.rock-xtreme.com

Originally posted by niacin:

+1 re a small mixer that is 4-5 years old. Their smal mixers aren't bad at all. Seems to me that their build quality is getting worse though, not better. But don't believe me - just open up the box and take a look inside. Some of their new lines (guitar fx pedals, keyboard amps) are not built to last.

No kidding? Wow, imagine that. A company who builds to the bottom of the barrel is getting worse, not better, in terms of QC!

Been doing this for over 30 years. Have used everything from Sound City. to Mackie, to Fender, to Yamaha, to Tapco, to many others in between.

I don't scrimp on my gear. I just hate to overpay because some egotists feel brand A is superior to brand B.

Fender, eh? Didn't know they made mixers. If the best you've ever used is Mackie, it's no wonder you think the B$hringer is "just as good"....

Originally posted by Griffinator:

Fender, eh? Didn't know they made mixers.
There was a time they were considered one of the best sound reproduction manufacturers. But I guess all of those guitarists who still crave the sound of an original tweed Twin Reverb don't have a clue :rolleyes:

Steve

www.rock-xtreme.com

Sorry, we were talking about mixers here. You want to talk about guitar amps, we can do that. Why, you play through a B$hringer guitar amp too? Does it sound just as good as a Twin Reverb? Maybe all those years of playing onstage has damaged your hearing...

Archived