Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

behringer what's going on???

superpowter77

Originally posted by Griffinator:

It did in Aphex v Behringer and Roland v Behringer...

These were not exact circuit copies, were they?

Most of the 'documentation' I can find is a lot of forum posts which look more like the transmission of urban myths, especially once we start getting to Behringer having the Aphex logo on their circuit boards. I'm also seeing what looks like an awful lot of vile and irrational anger at Behringer and it seems they have put the squeeze on with their competitive pricing. So no doubt, copies or not, a lot of people have reason to attack them. However, some of the posts I've found are coherently written and look well researched and put forward quite a different perspective than yours.

I have no reason to believe that Behringer haven't cheated (in the sense of exact copies of circuits) over the years, but I don't have any concrete evidence that they did, either. Of course, I can say that I've heard stories of their cheating, and there's legal claims they did by Mackie.

Is there something wrong with holding the opinion that you 'don't know' or is everyone supposed to go around joining a partisan team so they can 'fight' those who hold the opposite view?

If your entire opinion on the matter hinges on the Mackie case, then I don't know what to tell you

Do you have the model numbers of those mixers?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's cool. At this point, I'm pretty well certain you won't be convinced by any amount of empirical evidence.

Keep in mind many musicians will do anything to save a buck. Ethics be damned. On the plus side, you owe them no ethics in return.

Is it any surprise that most musicians can't make a living from music? They'll undercut anyone to save a buck, and undercut most anyone to play.

Folks, Scott is not overreacting.

I have been following Behringer's missteps for years and have witnessed friends of mine whose Behringer gear turned into garbage. I was at the NAMM show where Behringer showed their Boss clones and deceptively told dealers that they had Roland's blessing.

Behringer is a plagiarist entity that exploits the legal system - scavenging products of small companies who do not have the resources to fight back is unethical, plain and simple. It is no different from major record labels who nickel and dime their artists into endentured slavery and starvation.

They have weaseled out of court cases for years because they know how to exploit the german court system.

Behringer will never get one thin dime of my money to support their deceptive business practices because I am a design engineer who frowns on plagiarists.

Remember - you get what you pay for.

Stupid part is, MC (and btw, thanks for the support) I really didn't know anything about Behringer as a company until 5 years ago when I stumbled onto the Ebtech situation. It's one thing to tussle with big boys who can fight their own battles (Mackie, Aphex, Roland) - it's something completely different when it's a tiny little shop like Ebtech who busts their hump designing something really interesting and useful (like the Swizz Army Tester) only to have it ripped off 6 months after they drop it by a monster like Behringer. Knowing full well they can't do f***-all about it. That's beyond unethical, it's just straight up disgusting. Capitalism indeed. When the law is for sale to the highest bidder, there's no capitalism, only plutocracy...

Archived