Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Forum CD order page

jackpine

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by nursers:

I'd be more than happy to pay $2-$5 extra per CD if need be ;)

So would I, and I haven't even seen my first one yet. I'm sure most of us will donate an extra $2 - $5 if needed, PayPal is only a click away. Let us know.
K-OZ

I must be out of the loop. If jackpine says he's not complaining, then he's not. He thought we might be interested. I was, and so I thank him for the info!

:thu:

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Originally posted by gangsu:

I must be out of the loop. If jackpine says he's not complaining, then he's not. He thought we might be interested. I was, and so I thank him for the info!

Yep, that's exactly what I thought as well, so I don't know why we're talking to end future comps. :)

Originally posted by Cydonia:

Yep, that's exactly what I thought as well, so I don't know why we're talking to end future comps. :)
Well...Ben, Kurt and I all seemed to take Jim's comments as an indication that something needed to be done to make it better.

I'm not sure why he would have brought it up otherwise. If it's not a problem, why mention it at all?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I don't mind contributing my services, as long as I'm doing a track on the CD. This is the first one that I didn't do a track & that was because of the genre (originally suggested that it was a live synth solo track & I'm a combo kind of guy). I will continue to contribute tracks, so I will continue to contribute my services, unless someone else wants to do the graphics. Janet will most likely continue to contribute the painting. If she doesn't, we'll do another theme for the cover. I really don't mind Jim getting the extra money. I don't recall him doing a track lately, so perhaps for him it's not a labour of love. Heck after doing 11 I'm not going to quit. It'll break the tradition, if it can be called a tradition.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by Cydonia:

Well...Ben, Kurt and I all seemed to take Jim's comments as an indication that something needed to be done to make it better.

I'm not sure why he would have brought it up otherwise. If it's not a problem, why mention it at all?

dB

If you use that rationale, there'd be bugger all posts on this forum - half of what goes on here is talking about stuff that isn't really a problem :D

I took it as Jim outlining how the revenue versus costs flow. He's a big boy and I'm guessing he'll put his hand up if he wants more money ;)

Originally posted by nursers:

I took it as Jim outlining how the revenue versus costs flow. He's a big boy and I'm guessing he'll put his hand up if he wants more money ;)

Well, if that's the case, then I apologize for trying to fix it.

Mind you, I'm not the slightest bit resentful if Jim does feel he needs to get more compensation - I sincerely hope it didn't come off as if I am. Quite the contrary - I think of Jim as a friend, and if he's feeling badly my natural instinct is to want to help.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Heeeeeey you guys..... I REALLY wasn't complaining.

When money is exchanged fairly anonymously over the internet, it seems some what of an accounting should be given. My point in laying out the finances was an attempt to insure every one here that I personally wasn't getting rich off your efforts. I do this because I want to. I enjoy the interaction with all of you and by golly I have ended up with a few CD's of some pretty damn good music.

Steve, Janet and Dave put as much or more work into this project than me. The reality is that I end up with the money.... I just wanted to inform .... not complain.

Really.

It's all good. :wave::D

Originally posted by Ben One:

Thanks, Jim. I hereby withdraw all my unnecessary suggestions!

Ben

And I hereby withdraw all affirmations of said suggestions. ;)
Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

I got mine today. Being a newbie both here and to the piano, I thought $10 might be a little steep. Now that I've listened to it I think it's a little cheap.

Nursers: I'd be willing to pay a couple more dollars just to know where the "little people" poetry came from.

I hope the "tradition" doesn't stop! I have purchased the last couple of comps, and certainly the entertainment value has been more than worth the cost. Part of the enjoyment is getting to hear the incredible talent of the people I have had the privilege to meet and listen to on this forum and am honored to call my friends (even though I wouldn't know you on the street). Someday I hope that I can contribute, either in a contribution (probably not happening any time soon!) or in my time (my expertise isn't in this area either!).

The cost to me is immaterial - I would gladly pay twice the price for the privilege of the listen. Even at that price, the time and talent put into this effort is undercompensated, I'm sure. I really don't much care about the charitable contribution either (although a very nice idea) - I hope the people doing the work are able to recoup the costs they feel they should - and I find no shame in them asking!

Please keep up the good work! It is definitely appreciated!

- Bob

Ok, here's my suggestion...

Volume 11 - A Scottish Highland Jig Compilation

4 minute time limit (trust me, most Scot's can't keep a jig going for more than 4 minutes in a row anyway)

Real bagpipes ok, but sampled or synthesized bagpipes preferred.

The word "crap" can only appear in a verse. No "crap" in the chorus.

No obvious Midland Valley or the Southern Uplands influence... these must be specifically "Highland" jigs.

Bonus points for clever use of the word "thistle".

Other than that, it's wide open.

Most importantly, have fun!!! (well, that, and use the word "thistle")

SteadyB - with guidelines that loose, submissions will be all over the map. We will need to get more specific...
Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

Originally posted by wake:

Nursers: I'd be willing to pay a couple more dollars just to know where the "little people" poetry came from.

All made up by little old me ;)

Originally posted by steadyb:

Ok, here's my suggestion...

Volume 11 - A Scottish Highland Jig Compilation

4 minute time limit (trust me, most Scot's can't keep a jig going for more than 4 minutes in a row anyway)

Real bagpipes ok, but sampled or synthesized bagpipes preferred.

The word "crap" can only appear in a verse. No "crap" in the chorus.

No obvious Midland Valley or the Southern Uplands influence... these must be specifically "Highland" jigs.

Bonus points for clever use of the word "thistle".

Other than that, it's wide open.

Most importantly, have fun!!! (well, that, and use the word "thistle")

Question: I have spent some time in Scotland and have several Scottish friends.

The "F-bomb" is often used in casual conversation, as is "bloody" and "C@#T!"

Are there limits as to how often we pepper the composition with these words, or perhaps we get Extra Credit if we do?

Just wondering...

;)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Cool, finally a challenge I already have something on the burner for!

Don't let the hip hop undertones throw you off, or the choir - definitely a jig. Or else a reel. I get confused sometimes.

We'll get all jiggy with it and crap. Reelly jiggy.

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

Can I just do a Black 47 cover?

"So here I am up on Bainbridge Avenue

Still in one piece but glad I'm alive

Drinkin' dirty big glasses of porter

Playin' me jigs and me reels and me slides"

They SAY jigs, AND reels... that sound pretty jiggy to me!

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

Archived