Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

Giants sure looked good and they came out of that brutal 6 game stretch 4-2. They are playing as well as anyone right now. Will be interesting to see how they fare against da Bears. The Giants schedule is brutal they only have a few give me games the rest of the way.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NYG are the the dominant NFC East team right now--hands down.

Both the Skins and Cows have 2 major problems--QB.

On the Cards, I have always viewed them as perennial losers. It must be the uniform, stadium, crowd, etc. :P

They will take a step in the right direction once the OL is fixed. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Personally, I just thought it was fun seeing TO drop such an important pass :)

Of course, a Big Blue stomping of the Cowgirls never hurts either.

The G-Men do have to worry about some injuries coming out of last night's game. That's NOT good.

Originally posted by meccajay:

Goodness lawd, yesterday was Michaels Vicks revenge on the bastion of critics who say he can't throw. 4 TD passes and a win against the SB champs! Congrats Mike!

That was a game for the ages, Vick with 4 TD's, Ben with 3, then 2 more by Batch aftyer Ben was knocked out. Game of the day had to be Hines Ward though.. 8 caches, 171 yards, and 3 TD's. That run for 60 plus yards, half of them with with one shoe on!! Great stuff!

Yeah, that's gotta be the most exciting offensive game of the year so far. Hines running in his sock - yeah, baby!

Sadly, though, I fear that this game was a harbinger of concussions to come (and a very short career) for Big Ben.

:(

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Yes, losing Arrington, just as we starting to make plays, does suck. Especially since "the late" Carlos Emmons never seems ready to play.

So far, knock on wood, the Giants haven't been hit that hard by injuries. I haven't heard anyone say that Osi's injury is that serious. We'll see.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Magpel:

You all know this, but the fan must say it anyway: first place means little right now, but the Giants are 3-0 in the division, all three on the road. And they look, dare I say it, somewhat dominant.

Dominant, disciplined, and BALANCED.

Meanwhile, Phily is stumbling and Dallas is in turmoil.

Originally posted by antimatter:

Good win for the Giants. Quite a difference from the Seattle game. I was a little surprised Dallas went to Romo at the half. Clearly that last pass Bledsoe threw was awful, but I don't know about pulling him there. I know it was a cumulative thing, but the game was still winable at that point; and maybe you let Bledsoe finish the game.

Just what they need more controversy. :D

That has to be a Jerry Jones bonehead move. I think Bill's hands are tied at this point. Jerry hates Bledsoe and want to start the Tony Romo era, pronto.

In the middle of a nationally televised, critically important division game was not the time. Parcells would not have made that move had his hand not been forced. The decision lacked class, and Parcells doesn't.

Originally posted by garrafon:

Personally, I just thought it was fun seeing TO drop such an important pass :)

Of course, a Big Blue stomping of the Cowgirls never hurts either.

There's something deliciously satisfying about watching Jerry Jones humiliated at HOME on Monday Night Football. I'm going to savor that memory for a long, long time.

P.S. to T.O. - My momma coulda caught that pass.

Originally posted by Dan South:

Originally posted by Jeff Klopmeyer:

But it's really difficult to go 16-0.

And no one has EVER gone undefeated in a sixteen-game season.
Therefore, it must be really difficult, as I stated originally. :D

- Jeff

But it's really difficult to go 16-0.

And no one has EVER gone undefeated in a sixteen-game season.

- Jeff

Borderline impossible, it seems. Yet we still have two contenders. Can Peyton get past the Denver defense?

Quote by Dan South:

-------------------------------------------

That has to be a Jerry Jones bonehead move. I think Bill's hands are tied at this point. Jerry hates Bledsoe and want to start the Tony Romo era, pronto.

In the middle of a nationally televised, critically important division game was not the time. Parcells would not have made that move had his hand not been forced. The decision lacked class, and Parcells doesn't.

-------------------------------------------

I doubt that Parcells will be back with Dallas next year. Jerry Jones is trying to run the show again, which is one of the reasons Jimmy Johnson left. Not to mention that they needed a room the size of Texas Stadium for both of their egos to fit in for press conferences. :rolleyes:

Instead of spending 10 Million on a signing bonus for TO, they could have got an offensive line. No matter who's the QB, can't make plays laying on your back.

I'm not a big fan of Bledsoe, but throwing a rookie in there at this point in the season won't get them to the playoffs.

As a Steelers fan, "it couldn't happen to a nicer team" than Dallas. To bad Bill Parcells is going to be the fall guy for Jerry Jones. From what I've seen of old Jerry, he's one face lift from being a Siamese cat. Fortunately, he's more of a jack ass than a cat.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Originally posted by MikeT156:

Quote by Dan South:

As a Steelers fan, "it couldn't happen to a nicer team" than Dallas. To bad Bill Parcells is going to be the fall guy for Jerry Jones. From what I've seen of old Jerry, he's one face lift from being a Siamese cat. Fortunately, he's more of a jack ass than a cat.

Mike T.

Ya seeing Dallas down like this is just awful :D:D:D:D

- Rush

Which brings us, by commdious vicus of recirculation and by the exertions of logic upon brute phenomena, back to where we started, but with new eyes.

It is hard--not easy, but hard--to go undefeated. Neither Bear no Colt--creature of forrest, creature of field--will know perfection in this the season of their engagement. Yet one--the cagey Bengal? The cricling Seahawk? The obsidian Raven? the wild Charger?--will rise, strong in the broken places, to not only survive but to prevail.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Thank you, Elizabeth Barrett Magpel.

Speaking of things that have no right to be discussed here but are anyway, I was thinking the other day that the Chargers are the only team that changed the meaning of their team's name.

The original AFL logo, circa 1960, featured a horse (the word "charger" being "a horse of a kind suitable to be ridden in battle.") But it also featured a bolt of lightning, perhaps as a precursor of things to come.

http://www.digitaldeliftp.com/Images/pings/LAChargers60.png

By 1962, they'd moved to San Diego and abandoned the horsie altogether, leaving that motif solely to the Broncos. By then, we only associated them with charging of the electrical variety, and the team's nickname even reflected that (the Bolts).

Can you think of any other team in any sport whose name stayed the same, with a change only in reference to another meaning of the same word? I, for one, can not.

- Jeff

Guys, check this out--

Atlanta vs Cincinnati, Baltimore vs New Orleans, Seattle vs K.C., Jacksonville vs Philly, St Louis vs San Diego, Indy vs Denver, Dallas vs Carolina, N.E. vs Minnesota(Monday night).

Is this not a Sunday worth a 6 pack/12 pack of suds?!! Or are you takin it to the sports bar?

My local games are Falcons/Bengals(fox) & Saints/Ravens(cbs) early, the late game is Indy/Denver(cbs). It's good to be the king!

TROLL . . . ish.

It's desperation time for the Steelers. If they lose to Oakland, both teams will have the same number of wins (2)!

"On any given Sunday in the NFL, any team can beat any other team." - Chuck Knoll

It's desperation time for the Steelers. If they lose to Oakland...

Then Mark Zeger will be the survivor pool champ. :thu:
Sorry, but even this can not bring me to become a member of Raiders Nation for a weekend.

Guys, check this out--

Atlanta vs Cincinnati, Baltimore vs New Orleans, Seattle vs K.C., Jacksonville vs Philly, St Louis vs San Diego, Indy vs Denver, Dallas vs Carolina, N.E. vs Minnesota(Monday night).

Is this not a Sunday worth a 6 pack/12 pack of suds?!! Or are you takin it to the sports bar?

My local games are Falcons/Bengals(fox) & Saints/Ravens(cbs) early, the late game is Indy/Denver(cbs). It's good to be the king!

Agreed! This is going to be a good week of games.

- Rush

Speaking of what's on TV, network NFL coverage will get screwed up in a few weeks when NBC's "flexible schedule" kicks in. As part of their deal, NBC got something from the NFL that ABC was never able to get for Mon Night Football: the option to choose which game to air and avoid completely meaningless late season games in primetime. CBS and Fox can "protect" some games from being taken by NBC but they had to make their choices in advance. NBC makes their pick a few weeks ahead of schedule from the games not protected by Fox and CBS.

NBC snatched the upcoming NY Giants/Chicago game from Fox (NBC claims it was their originally scheduled choice). I think it's Sun. 11/12. In my business, that's a HUGE loss for the Fox stations in NY and Chicago that already sold the home team game to advertisers and now have to re-sell an alternate, far less valuable game on Sunday afternoon.

So if you're making plans to watch a hot Sunday afternoon matchup late in the season, check the TV schedule.

Archived