Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dave vs. Jay, Conan vs. Craig, and Jimmy

QoolSynthEFX

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, who are you and where do you get your posts from? Are we supposed to vote on the KEYBOARD PLAYERS on these shows, or the hosts?

Ok, everybody...just back away from the troll, nothing to see here...

Top 100 male rock vocalists!!

Best rock keyboardists!!

Top 200 best rock guitarists!!

Top 100 best rock bassists!!

Top 100 rock drummers!!

Dave vs. Jay, Conan vs. Craig, and Jimmy

You show up out of nowhere, post these topics in multiple forums, often times in the wrong forum...show yourself or risk me ignoring everything you say.

(I voted Conan, btw)

This DVD looks interesting:

The Tomorrow Show With Tom Snyder: Punk & New Wave

The predecessor to David Letterman's LATE SHOW, Tom Snyder's TOMORROW SHOW was a freewheeling late-night talk program that, in the late 1970s and early '80s, frequently hosted punk and new-wave bands. This collection of appearances by punk legends like the Plasmatics, Iggy Pop, the Ramones, Elvis Costello, and John Lydon was great TV when it was first broadcast, and still makes for riveting viewing. There's also a predictably prickly confrontation between Snyder and Lydon, as well as a somewhat more revealing musical discussion between Paul Weller, Joan Jett, and promoter Bill Graham.

FWMOW, of the options I go with Kimmel.

He's easily the most dry & sarcastic N his delivery& never stalls Btween jokes.

Letterman has gotten so bad at milking the time Btween lines N his monoloque that I&I fall asleep waitin' for the next joke (& praying that it's not a reversion 2 those "towel head taxi drivers" taht he rode for far tooooooo long). Though oddly, once he's B-hind his desk his snarkiness somehow re-blossoms.

Leno gets credit 4 being generally bipartisan onstage, despite his sorta right wing private attitude &, politically, non-choice Stewart & the Daily Show crowd R incisive (& more honest than Maher, who I&I like but he just leave s2 much room 4 people 2 accuse him of "whipping the horse"). Their recent defense of Cheney & the "we make no mistakes" attitude had me N tears.

On a musical level, while the Eubanks band leads the crowd 4 overall chops (sorry CBS Orch), Scottish Craig F & O'Brien actually R musical, to a degree.

C O'B's a guitarist & Fergusen actually wrote & sings his own theme song &, of course, Scott Healy (the MW7 keyboardist) is our favorite TV show columnist N KBoard Mag.

Carson was cool, but really, a step back from his predecessors, Steve Allen & Jack Paar. There's also, 4 me, the nagging fact that while he played drums & loved big band music, he genuinely hated rock & most modern jazz.

• 2 months later...

I hear that Cylon Vocoder will be hosting a talk show on cable TV where he will talk about Vocoders in general, but the Cylon Vocoder in particular. ;)

UP FRONT!

Regards,

Joe

Originally posted by Joe P:

I hear that Cylon Vocoder will be hosting a talk show on cable TV where he will talk about Vocoders in general, but the Cylon Vocoder in particular. ;)

UP FRONT!

Regards,

Joe

Here we go again with "Cylon Vocoder". Who's this you're talking about? A former member. I don't see anything written in here from him (I say him since I think a he would more likely call himself that than a she). :cool:

Do a member search on Cylon Vocoder. This person had a major obsession with vocoders that was bordering on psychotic and would post hundreds of inane posts that didn't make any sense. I think most have been deleted by the forum admin.

Archived