Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Paul McCartney at the "piano" (photo)

Jazz+

http://www.paulmccartney.com/tour_images/Zurich/image2.jpg

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that a single space rack mount module in the top left side of the piano lid?

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

Those look like floor wedge monitors by Clair Brothers. I think it's a either a Kurzweil PC88 or a PC2X. It looks like four sliders on the left, not eight.

I can't tell whether there are four or eight sliders towards the left, but depending on that, it's either a Kurzweil PC2X or K2600X.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Kurzweil PC2X

http://static.zoovy.com/img/studio34music/-/kurpc2x.jpg

Kurzweil PC88

http://www.syncopa.hu/kurzweil/pc88.JPG

Those are ShowCo Prism SRM wedges.

"A.V.D.: Can I ask about the SRM ( monitors )...can you tell what they are loaded with or is that proprietary too ? By the way, they are the best sounding wedges I've heard.

M.L. Procise: As far as the components in the SRM, they are high powered JBL components, a twelve-inch and a two-inch."

McCartney used to tour with an actual acoustic piano that he had painted to look like the one he had in his home which was painted in psychedelic colors. So it looks like they used a case or made one to look like his piano with the convenience of the keyboard live. It probably is a PC2X given the fact its replacing a piano.

"Learn the changes, then forget them."

-Charlie Parker

I just had a thought that if McCartney was using a Kurzwel PC2X wouldn't he be using the purple colored one to match the rest of his ensemble?

By the way, he has a 'lockout' right now on Ocean Way Studio on Sunset in LA where he's making a new album. There is an online interview and some good photos of Ocean Way inside and out.

Archived