Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Playing gig in 2 dayz i need acurate tab for Van Halen - I'll Wait

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Jon Rodd:

Well thanks for your help guys. Found the Pete Townsend interveiw and it answered my question.

You all don't like going off on one don't you.

Keep the faith and be not diminished

Ummmm...??? :confused:

"For instance" is not proof.

Quoted by Pat Azzarello:
arghhhh, all those years spent learning music and I could have avoided it all.
Pat....don't go getting lazy on me. :freak: It would probably ruin my image.....or something like that. I'll get "Smelly" on you if you keep this up....or better yet, maybe "Babe" and his band of South Pacific dancers, etc. :D

Erlic

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by zeronyne:

Jeez, this thread is over 18 months old! I'm surprised the images are still working (I usually just wipe out all the old stuff from my server).

It gave me a pang to see RobT's posts in this thread. R.I.P.

This thread and the Deliverance/B3 thread were the most fun I had in 2003...it was a rough year.

Ok, what was the Deliverance/B3 thread?

Originally posted by Sven Golly:

Man, it is painful to watch quality gear being mistreated like that... :cry:

(yes, I said it... not like you weren't thinking the same thing... ;):P )

I was thinking precisely the same thing. :D And if you really want a kick, watch the same guy's video of "Jump," solo and all. :eek:

Noah

• 4 months later...
MY GOD. This is before my time and I just laughed harder than I ever have reading this forum. Thanks for this! Birds playing the damper pedal. This is the type of thing that I could think of and start laughing about at a really inconvenient time like in the middle of church.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Another classic thread deserves a bump to help me take my mind off this bummer of a week.

I sure hope that doesn't last long. I've had a few that dragged on for years.

I hereby propose that we encourage 09 to hijack a few more threads.

--wmp

OK, I am at work, in the office, with most of my staff, and saw this thread. Oh man, did I laugh, again, and of course they all looked over at me. As their supervisor, I am supposed to set the example, but I had a few slow minutes, came across this, and they will probably hang this over me for the rest of my tour over here. Of course, none of them are musicians, so the whole joke was lost on them. They looked at the "tabs" by 09, and I saw the "deer in the headlights" look. I still had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. It wasn't really worth trying to explain to them.

Thanks for the bump. Absolutely brilliant!

Cheers

Jay

You guys are clearly too old to remember the air-button organ fad of the 50s-60s. The "music" had a system for which button to push, and the keys were numbered for playing the melody.

While we "musicians" might scoff, my mom got into this for a while, and could sound pretty good. I'm not recommending it, but lots of people made some nice sounds with those things. And a few years ago she expressed interest in playing again, so my brother and I got her a keyboard and intro book. She hasn't exactly attacked it, but she enjoys messing around...

0-9 - nicely done!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...