Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

holysh*t is anyone watching the news?

midispaceho

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Insane people...

I sincerely do not believe it was an "accident".

Two planes in less than 20 minutes... how's that for an statistical record?

Video was scary.

So sorry for the innocents. Damn...

I'm with you all.

------------------

Gus Lozada

Moderador de:

MusicPlayer.com/NuestroForo

"La voz en Español en Música y Tecnología"

Gus TraX @musicplayer.com

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Here's the update:

Purportedly, 2 planes were purposely crashed into the Twin Towers, and another into the Pentagon, by the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine. The Pentagon, the White House, and the Capital buildings have all been evac'ed and all air traffic in the United States has been grounded.

If I remember my rules properly, all Air Force, Marine and Navy planes will be up, with orders to shoot down any plane that does not do exactly what they are told.

Personally, if it's true, I hope the the Air Force nukes those towel-heads, turn it into a parking lot, and then send in the Marines to paint the lines.

This message has been edited by joegerardi on 09-11-2001 at 10:19 AM

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Originally posted by joegerardi:

Here's the update:

Purportedly, 2 planes were purposely crashed into the Twin Towers, andother into the Pentagon, by the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine.

How's that for a "DEMOCRATIC" process ?

My gosh...

... then someone would ask me why I have NO religion... here's an answer...

Thanks Joe

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Killing people in the name of religion is SO f*cked up. I just don't get it at f*cking all. What the f*ck is wrong with those people. Pleasing God by massacring people. Stupid ass shit like this has been going on for centuries. There are some extremely f*cked up members of our species.
Heeeeeere kitty kitty kitty

We're just stunned here at my office, 70 miles north of the action. Lots of people have spouses, family, friends, who work in the towers. One young woman in particular is living pure torture right now. Her husband was certainly there, but she doesn't know what building or what floor. This is almost unbearable. No contact except e-mail at the moment. This place is on pins and needles. If you're one of our NYC fellows, please identify yourself and tell us you're okay. Thank God for AOL instant messager is all I can say at the moment. Just heard from two of my friends who work downtown. They're in for a long and complicated day, but at least they're all right.

Peace to you all, and as an aside, let's try to check the anti-arab vitriol. It's a tough day to be an Arab American too. Joe, this is not directed at you. I understand the strength of your feelings and anger over this.

John

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

On NPR, they have retracted the association with the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine. Apparently those guys called in to deny any involvement and in the past they have not had any qualms about being associated with bombings.

One of the Flights was AA flight 11 from Boston to LA.

My brother (in Sydney) reports that a car bomb went off near capitol hill. (Though I think he IS watching CNN, not Aussie news) No verification of that on NPR yet.

My thoughts are turned to the victims. I hope we as a country do the right things to rally round.

Cheers,

Jerry

------------------

www.tuskerfort.com

Magpel:

That's not directed at Arabs in general. They are a noble and wonderful people. It's directed at the people (whomever they are) that are responsible, and them only. If it is indeed the Palestinians, then take them OUT.

Time to kick our liberal, warm-fuzzy politicians in the ass and lets the hawks take over to rectify this situation.

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Connection times out on cnn.com, and at bbc.com (no radio or TV), so you guys are my news for the next minutes or hours.

This is a terrible thing, and hopefully not just the beginning of more terrible things to come- where do you draw the line between act of terrorism and act of war? Legally, yeah, yeah, I mean in reality.

From some experience with reporting the news- it's best wait a bit to find out who's responsible, regardless of who claims or denies responsibily at first. Summarizing and reading the news on the radio was harsh, some days I just had to choose the 3 worst of all evils, and they tend to come in waves worldwide.

-CB

This looks like a freaking movie, it's so beyond belief.

My wife and I were in lower Manhattan 3 weeks ago. For those of you unfamiliar with the area around the World Trade Center, unlike midtown which has streets organized in a grid, lower Manhattan has narrow angular streets dating back to colonial times. Getting around there is a challenge on any given normal weekday. Getting out of there this morning has to have been an unimaginable chaos.

In '89, we had our wedding rehearsal dinner at Windows on the World, the restaurant at the top of the WTC. Now, it's all gone.

I hope my cousin, who works in the Wall St. area, is OK. Thoughts and prayers go out to those with family and friends in and around the WTC and Pentagon.

Just read Jerry's post- that's the drill with blame and responsibility on the news. Where I worked we mostly used BBC news service, they are very careful with their wording, to avoid having to retract earlier reports though of course that happens too. Obviously denial doesn't necessarily mean innocence either.

"Please bear with us. Services to News are slow due to the weight of traffic" is what I see now, and a picture- how many people have been hurt or killed? Do they even have an idea yet?

-CB

Cameron:

All of this is second hand from new sources. Expect inaccuracies.

NPR has an eyewitness at the Pentagon. Apparently they began evacuation very shortly before the attack. There is a sizable notch cut in the building from top to bottom according to the eyewitness.

Timeline of events by associated press:

WTC tower crashed by a plane shortly before 9am EST

Shortly after 9am the other tower was crashed by another plane

Aircraft crashed "near" the pentagon about an houre later (however, note the damage description above)

Capitol, white house, treasure dept, state department all evacuated

FAA has shut down all airplane take-offs nationwide

Shortly after 10EST one of the WTC towers collapsed

Unconfirmed report of a car bomb outside state department early this morning

1028AM EST the second WTC tower collapsed.

In a grim joke....Mayor Guiliani had built an emergency management center to direct city operations in an event such as this. Ironically the center is located in the WTC.

All of this is from NPR.

Regards,

Jerry

------------------

www.tuskerfort.com

My entire FAMILY, with the exception of myself live in NY and I cannot get through on the phones to make sure everyone is OK.

Early reports are over 35,000 dead. More than Pearl Harbor

That makes it an act of war.

This message has been edited by joegerardi on 09-11-2001 at 11:12 AM

Originally posted by midispaceho:

Killing people in the name of religion is SO f*cked up. I just don't get it at f*cking all. What the f*ck is wrong with those people. Pleasing God by massacring people. Stupid ass shit like this has been going on for centuries. There are some extremely f*cked up members of our species.

Killing in the name of religion is why America is the wonderful country that it is. Belief in a right and proper religion produces freedom. Casey

"Let It Be!"

Originally posted by joegerardi:

My entire FAMILY, with the exception of myself live in NY and I cannot get through on the phones to make sure everyone is OK.

Early reports are over 35,000 dead. More than Pearl Harbor

That makes it an act of war.

This message has been edited by joegerardi on 09-11-2001 at 11:12 AM

35000 dead, oh hell no. Bush needs to do something drastic, even if it gets him kicked out of office. An eye for an eye.

"Let It Be!"

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Plenty of people have been killed in the name of EVERY religion, Casey.

dB

I believe in the God described in the King James Holy Bible. And this is not in line with what I learned there. How can this be in Gods will? Are we holding any hostages? Oppressing anybody? What are we doing wrong? Casey

"Let It Be!"

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Plenty of people have been killed in the name of EVERY religion, Casey.

dB

Plenty of people have been killed for religion, money, race, political convenience, national identity, and other reasons. It is JUST AS premature to blame religion for this as to blame race, a nationolism or any other cause.

Religion-bashing is not a virtue in my book. I don't see why it is such a popular knee jerk reaction in our otherwise tolerant, sophisticated society.

Respectfully,

Jerry

------------------

www.tuskerfort.com

Originally posted by kcbass:

I believe in the God described in the King James Holy Bible. And this is not in line with what I learned there. How can this be in Gods will?

Okay, first of all, perhaps you should read up on a part of history called the Crusades. Or the Inquisition.

I'm not picking on Christianity. I am saying that religion - ALL religion - may be responsible for a larger death toll throughout history than any other non-natural cause.

Secondly, if these attacks were perpetrated by people who did so because of their religious beliefs, they did so because they think that their religion is right and proper. Don't you understand that?

I suggest that we drop this immediately. This is not the time for it, and it is certainly not the place.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I am in shock, and more than a bit freaked out. My sister is in NYC, and one of my best friends in the whole world is (hopefully still) in the air flying back to LA from Europe right now.

Ther repercussions from today are going to be extreme, to say the least. I believe that this will go down in history as one one of the worst disasters ever.

How can people do this to each other?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Yes, I think this is one of the darkest days in my lifetime. My wife's brother and sister are on Manhattan island. My heart goes out to everyone with somebody at stake. That's you too Dave and Joe.

I have been hearing reports about a United Airlines plane (a 747) that crashed 80 miles away from pittsburgh.

AA says that two of their flights were involved in this morning's tragedies in New York. Flight 77 had 80 passengers and was supposed to fly to LA from Washington Dulles.

And flight 11 which I mentioned above.

I would love any facts. I am not getting much from the news web sites. The radio seems to be the best thing so far.

Regards,

Jerry

------------------

www.tuskerfort.com

Dave:

We have trained half of the world's terrorists. We've financed the other half.

We've reduced out military to food givers and blanket-wrappers.

We have to put up with the UN trying to tell us how to run our country, and the get sanctioned when we don't do it.

The previous administration reduced our military strength by a factor large enough to amount to the 3rd largest army in the world.

We still try to be the country that all others look up to.

Liberal Government. This is what happens.

Archived