Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

holysh*t is anyone watching the news?

midispaceho

• 1 year later...

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2nd anniversary bump

i found it worthwhile to revisit the comments from that morning, to remember what it was like that day.

edit: sorry if the thread title catches anyone off guard - i probably should have started a new thread with a link to this one. there is nothing new to be concerned about, this is the thread from 9/11/2001.

Originally posted by dabowsa:

Anyone have different views/beiefs/opinions 2 years later?

Funny you should ask.. On THAT day I was at the bank watching it with strangers and I said to someone.. That's Saddam's revenge for what Bush's father did in the Gulf war.

Now to me that's the least likely scenerio of motive.

On that day I was glad we had Bush as President and his team to protect us from what was to come... I was sooo glad that we didn't elect Gore. Now I kinda wish Hillary was Prez.

*Shhhh, dont let them hear us upstairs*

We don't want a political thread here so forget I said it.

TROLL . . . ish.

I'll forget that, as I'm sure Hillary would have shipped 2 billion in gold to Osama and 20 billion to a very comfortable Saddam in yet another golden palace.

I'm only reminded that you don't deal with terrorists, you kill them. There is no reasoning with someone who wants to kill children over a religious or political issue. Think about it.

This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Thanks for bumping this thread. And the title "got" me as well.

Originally posted by dabowsa:

Anyone have different views/beiefs/opinions 2 years later?

Not different at all; it's reinforced by this post from two years ago, which is just as relevant today, sadly:

Originally posted by nursers:

Michael Moore:

Someone needs to get in charge and propose some real solutions to bringing

the perpetrators to justice and preventing this -- as best as possible --

from happening again. Instead, what we have is Bush speaking like a wind-up

doll, mouthing a bunch of nonsense clichés, repeating them over and over

and over.

Give me the ANALOG and no one gets HURT

Originally posted by Sir Basil:

I'll forget that, as I'm sure Hillary would have shipped 2 billion in gold to Osama and 20 billion to a very comfortable Saddam in yet another golden palace.

Does ludicrously speculative, partisan, rancorous invective belong in a thread observing the rememberence of a national tragedy?

The Black Knight always triumphs!

That was a sad day indeed. Another sad thing is the lack of unified leadership at a time when the world is desperate. If it takes a New World Order to change things I wonder if we can take it.

Danger is always an issue but which danger and from whom?

Every year over 40k die in automobiles and there are no mass tears or demands for safer roads and vehicles. Where is the public out cry and mobilisation?

I wish the world was different and that answers were easy and targets valid ones. Violence is not the answer when diplomacy is ignored. Can the proof be found that Iraq is a hotbed of bio-chem weapons? Direct ties to Osama? Faking evidence is a rudimentry science and diverting attention is taught in several disciplines. Then there are the valuble natural resources in Iraq...

The US has committed it's share of injustice. I read about the testing of radiation on children and soldiers, me Lai massacre and the Kent State shootings. Who recalls Joe Walsh standing over a downed student? Vacaville testing on inmates? Carcinogenic flame retardant sleep ware "donated" to South Africa when banned in the USA? Rampant torture and teaching others how at the College of the Americas....the list is rather lengthy.

Imagine the US refusing the United Nations when they ignored US attempts at control, the slander of Canadians and the French for not following the PC 'line'. Imagine failing to allow the US to be under the jurisdiction of a World Court and insisting on being the Judge , Jury and Executioner for the entire world. I find it difficult to trust the leadership in America and abhor knee jerk politics in particular.

Indeed the World is in a sad state to a major extent. Forgive my opinion if it angers any of you, I read yours and understand them pretty much but I strongly disagree with some. Before anyone launches on me I want to state I served in the Military and have Reserve status also. The saying is :"Ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to do or die." But I still wonder WHY. Thats covered in the Constitution I hope.

Mil

"The circle represents completion."

Archived