Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

holysh*t is anyone watching the news?

midispaceho

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I suggest that we drop this immediately. This is not the time for it, and it is certainly not the place.

dB

I'm with you, Dave. As Usual, you're such a fine moderator.

I'm with you all in your pain and I'm sorry if I let my heart type nonsene upthere...

Sincerely:

Gustavo G Lozada

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Industriac:

That's great news. One for the good guys.

Unfortunately, there's too many we haven't heard from, most notably, Dansouth, who is reported to work (I'm keeping this present tense, dammit) in the WTC.

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

One piece of good news- I finally got through on the phone to my little sister in NY, her husband, my friend since we were teenagers, works in the city but he's fine. My sister told me some other news items but they are unconfirmed and reports seem to vary but all bad.

The line was silent for a long time, then busy for an hour, then we just talked briefly to keep the lines free.

Sincere wishes and prayer for all your friends and family in the city,

CB

Joe, my last word before I free up my little slice of bandwidth for the people who need it. Just wanted to make sure you understand I wasn't criticizing you or anyone. I'm sensitive to stereotypes of Arabs. I'm a quarter Lebonese, not visibly so, but am familiar first hand with the depths of Arab suspicion in this country. The repercussions of this for innocent Arab people are going to be downright awful the world over. BTW, your quote on our (US) complicity in terrorism is dead on in my opinion. Peace, as they say, out.

Originally posted by joegerardi:

Magpel:

That's not directed at Arabs in general. They are a noble and wonderful people. It's directed at the people (whomever they are) that are responsible, and them only. If it is indeed the Palestinians, then take them OUT.

Time to kick our liberal, warm-fuzzy politicians in the ass and lets the hawks take over to rectify this situation.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I just got through on the phone to my father. All my immediate family is safe and accounted for. By and large, all the uncles, aunts, and cousins seem to be OK, but there's a bunch not heard from.

Still no cause for worry, though, communications are a mess there.

The relief is huge. Now my bloodlust is raised though. I think I'll assuage it by giving blood. After I pass out the third time from the needle, I should be too woozy for anger.

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Here is a reverse chronolgy up till about noon:

11:26 a.m.: United Airlines reports that United Flight 93, en route from Newark, New Jersey, to San Francisco, has crashed in Pennsylvania. The airline also says that it is "deeply concerned" about United Flight 175 that departed from Washington's Dulles International Airport.

11:18 a.m.: American Airlines reports it has lost two aircraft. American Flight 11, a Boeing 767 flying from Boston to Los Angeles, had 81 passengers and 11 crew aboard. Flight 77, a Boeing 757 en route from Washington's Dulles Airport to Los Angeles, had 58 passengers and six crew members aboard.

11:16 a.m.: CNN reports that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is preparing bioterrorism teams to respond to the incidents in a precautionary move. The preparation is not based on any known bioterrorism threat.

11:02 a.m.: New York Mayor Rudy Guiliani urges citizens to stay at home and orders an evacuation of the area south of Canal Street.

10:54 a.m.: Israel evacuates all diplomatic missions.

10:53 a.m.: New York's primary elections scheduled for today are postponed.

10.48 a.m.: Police confirm the crash of a large plane in Somerset County, Pennsylvania.

10.46 a.m.: U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell cuts short his trip to Latin America to return to the United States.

10:45 a.m.: All federal office buildings in Washington are evacuated.

10:30 a.m.: The north tower of the World Trade Center collapses from the top down as if it were being peeled apart with a tremendous array of debris and smoke.

10:24 a.m.: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reports that all inbound transatlantic aircraft flying into the United States are being diverted to Canada.

10:22 a.m.: In Washington, the State and Justice departments are evacuated, along with the World Bank.

10:13 a.m.: The United Nations building evacuates, including 4,700 people from the headquarters building and 7,000 total from UNICEF and U.N. development programs.

10:10 a.m.: United Airlines Flight 93 crashes in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, southeast of Pittsburgh.

10:08 a.m.: Secret Service agents armed with automatic rifles are deployed into Lafayette Park across from the White House.

10:05 a.m.: The south tower of the World Trade Center collapses, plummeting into the streets below. A massive cloud of dust and debris forms and slowly drifts away from the building.

9:51 a.m.: The FAA halts all flight operations at U.S. airports, the first time in U.S. history that air traffic nationwide has been halted.

9:45 a.m.: The White House evacuates.

9:43 a.m.: An aircraft crashes into the Pentagon, sending up a huge plume of smoke. Evacuation begins immediately.

9:39 a.m. President Bush is to convene a national security meeting immediately upon his return to Washington. The president has spoken with Vice President Dick Cheney and New York Gov. George Pataki.

9:35 a.m.: New York City Port Authority orders all bridges and tunnels in the New York City area closed.

9:06 a.m.: A second plane, apparently a passenger jet, crashes into the second World Trade Center tower and explodes. Both buildings are burning.

8:48 a.m: A large plane, possibly a hijacked airliner, crashes into one of the World Trade Center towers, tearing a gaping hole in the building and setting it afire.

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

I live in Bayonne, NJ, right across from the WTC. At this moment I cam see the smoke from the scene. There are helicopters and military planes in the air flying and standing still. It's like a war zone here. I am so shaken up by this that I can't even work on my music. The phone systems are down. You can only get local calls through. I can't even check on friends in NYC.

A few months ago I worked for Salomon Smith Barney, only a few blocks away. I had friends and co-workers who worked in those buildings. I pray they all got out OK. Only by God's Grace I was not there at the time.

What a sad day in America!!! What happened today is so cowardly, it is beyond description. I think that if the people that committed these acts were MEN, they would fight like MEN and would not target innocent people. That is if there is something worth fighting for, and I don't think there is!!!

Let's offer up a prayer for those now living the consequences of this bloodshed . . .

Albert

This message has been edited by tuttorney@hotmail.com on 09-11-2001 at 02:00 PM

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Absolutely surreal. I live in Seattle, and even though we're completely on the other side of the country, the state capitol building has closed, the Space Needle is closed, and the 76 story Bank of America building has been evacuated. I work for a radio network, so not too many people going home here. Probably will be extra busy tonight.

Words cannot express the sense of loss I feel for the families and friends of those who have died in this morning's terrorist attacks. As for what should happen to those behind these cowardly attacks? I'm afraid I'll have to keep my thoughts to myself since I'd hate for anyone to think of me as anything but a kind level-headed person.

Originally posted by Chris100:

Classic American ignorance at it's best.

Yup. And I'll stay this way, especially after seeing those Palestinians dancing in the streets and celebrating the death of all the Americans.

Obviously whoever is responsible (Palestinian or whoever, terrorists are terrorists) should not have killed thousands of innocent people. But the Palestinians dancing in the street are celebrating an attack against a country which has supplied Israel with cash and weapons, while they are defending themselves by throwing rocks. No wonder they hate America. Maybe if the US government let the UN deal with it instead of flexing it's muscle where it doesn't belong, the WTC would still be standing right now.

Yup. And I'll stay this way, especially after seeing those Palestinians dancing in the streets and celebrating the death of all the Americans.

I have to admit, seeing those ignorant Palestinians dancing in the streets definitely changes my view towards them. As an example, as much as I'd like to see Saddam Hussein die, I'd hate to see any innocent Iraqies die in the process of taking him out. As far as I'm concerned, it's inhuman to take pleasure from the death of innocent bystanders...

Originally posted by DailyGrind:

As far as I'm concerned, it's inhuman to take pleasure from the death of innocent bystanders...

exactly..

This is horrible for every party involved, but it will probably end up in more hatred and racism. I heard a Palestinian taxi driver was dragged out of his cab and beaten because of this attack. People have to remember that this terrorism is not the work of an entire country, it's the work of an extremely small group of people who have obviously been planning and coordinating this attack for a very long time.

OK. I'll state this and then let it rest. Reply as much as you want, I will not respond to this again.

I am a VERY conservative Republican. That's because what I REALLY am is a Libertarian Constitutionalist, but that type of candidate will never get into office. I support guns for private citizens, less government intrusion in our lives, and personal and individual responsibility for our actions.

Standing by, casually yanking our crank is a sorry way to go. I know that there is every available intel agent working every piece of HumInt they can to find out who is responsible. When they do, then I believe that they should be terminated with extreme prejudice.

If you think this is a "terrorist" attack, then you have your heads in the sand. This is an act of war, plain and simple. Unless, that is, you believe that Pearl Harbor was also a "terrorist attack."

Whomever IS responsible used weapons of mass destruction against the United States, in a way to cause maximum confusion. You folks that believe this a religious attack? Well, that's your right, but then tell me: What religious targets were hit? It was a concerted attack against the socio-political infrastructure of the U.S. Morgan Stanley Dean Witter leased 50 floors of the WTC, and they're the largest brokerage in the US. The IRS, ATF, and several other Federal offices, and the NYC Office of Emergency Management were also located there. As a target, it was plum.

Then they try to take out the center of the US military, The Pentagon, and car bomb the State Department, then agency that deals with other countries.

It was a very well organized, well-planned, and well-executed attack. Thousands upon thousands dead and injured. If you think we should sit here and take a liberal "bring the perpetrators to justice" attitude, that is your native birthright as an American. Me, I think that the US should level the host country of whomever is responsible. We've seen American hostages, Marines car-bombed, Americans jailed illegally, and we sit on our asses and hope that we can negotiate a peaceful solution.

Today we saw the results of that "peaceful solution."

So yes, I say: fry their asses, and let them know that each and every law-abiding U.S. citizen is INVIOLATE. And should someone decide to ignore that concept, then they shall know our fury and our ire. no more of this punishing them until they say they're sorry. Let them know that the consequences are dire and major.

As to why I think it a Middle Eastern country? Well, have any of you realized that tomorrow was the sentencing day for the people responsible for the bombing of the WTC in 1993? Let's see: The Federal Courthouse is within a mile of the WTC. The WTC was the original target. The State Department was the agency responsible for getting them tried in the U.S. in the first place. And The Pentagon? What better way to kill the evil snake of America than by cutting off its head?

So this is why I state what I state. Disparage me as much as you want, but know this: I study US and world intelligence as a hobby, and read more on this subject than any 5 other people I know.

Originally posted by Chris100:

exactly..

This is horrible for every party involved, but it will probably end up in more hatred and racism. I heard a Palestinian taxi driver was dragged out of his cab and beaten because of this attack. People have to remember that this terrorism is not the work of an entire country, it's the work of an extremely small group of people who have obviously been planning and coordinating this attack for a very long time.

My thoughts precisely. I'm an American citizen. Should I be condemned for the acts of Tim McVeigh?

Every nation has its share of anti-social wackos, but most people throughout the world only want to have a good life for themselves and a good future for their children. Let's deal with the wackos as individuals. If we bomb innocent people indiscriminantly, we too are terrorists.

I agree with everything joegerardi posted except this statement:

>>Me, I think that the US should level the host country of whomever is responsible.<<

If we do that, we are no better than the cowards that attacked us. I think we should first define the enemy, and second ELIMINATE IT (with extreme prejudice . . .) If the so-called host country's goverment could be found to be responsible, then we should declare war against it, and take them out, making sure, as much as we can to avoid unnecessary casualties.

But, the use of indiscriminate violence against innocent people would make us terrorists as dansouth said.

Albert

PS: Glad you're OK dansouth!@

This message has been edited by tuttorney@hotmail.com on 09-11-2001 at 05:13 PM

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Whomever IS responsible used weapons of mass destruction against the United States, in a way to cause maximum confusion.

It's worse than that. They didn't use weapons of mass destruction. They used planeloads of innocent people to kill thousands more people.

What kind of inhuman monsters think like that?

The word despicable doesn't even begin to approach this...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Archived