Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

This is a song a friend and I did about 2 years ago, I always wanted to redo it but never got a chance. The piano part was really just a sketch for the melody to follow, and I meant to redo it. Oh well... lol.

I really like the way the lyrics worked out - I've always struggled with lyrics and it was the first time that I felt I was able to 'tell a story' from beginning to end. Lyrics are in portuguese, though ...

Anyways, let me know what you guys think... be nice!

http://www.4shared.com/file/5141945/e4670884/misteriosa.html

(wait for the counter to stop and press "download")

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Without any idea of the meaning of your words, it sure is a sultry sounding language. It's an interesting contrast with the fleeting quality of your piano.

So do you often find yourself in the key of B? By choice?? :)

Nice work!

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Thanks for listening Sue!

I posted a translation for the lyrics, I tried to go for content more than musicality in the translation - maybe it gives an idea what the song was about... I have a feeling it's different than what you expected. :)

http://www.4shared.com/file/5435996/a54ffd87/misteriosa_-_lyrics.html

Key of B was an accident - I was fooling around and came up with the riff. I am however drawn by that chord progression, it works so well for pop... In hindsight, the song would work better at a lower key, because the vocals sound quite different from Juliana's (the singer) style. That's something I need to try one day...

Did you feel the piano gets too repetitive doubling the vocals? I kind of like the effect, but wonder if it's too much - It came about by accident, I had the rough lyrics I had been working on, and she started singing over the piano part, and it shaped up that way...

The recording itself needs some work... I do have the unprocessed tracks and should try to remix the song.

Thanks again!

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Hello, Rod!

I wouldn't change the style of the piano, it moves like clear water.. if only the girl in the story would take a chance and get her feet wet! ;)She could trade in her sad dreams for a real life.

I agree, take it down to a more natural speaking range. F#, I think.

A bittersweet reflection. Musically sensitive, and poignant lyrics. I like it very much. :thu:

JinVA - People Get Ready - I'm having some trouble getting it to play all the way through, but what I did hear, I liked! That's a great tune, and your tempo and style caused me to sing along.

(I do apologize)

Here's a little diddy I created for the RealWorld Studio remix forum. The pads and bass are Arturia Minimoog. The drums are from the Drums onDemand library and the arp synth is a steam organ from the EIII, run through a preamp and the pattern gate in DP4.6

http://www.realworldremixed.com/remix.php?remix_id=58EvA_1THqdRtj0f

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I haven't posted much on here before but I am going to be really brave and ask if anyone has the time to take a listen to some of my songs?

You can find them as free streaming on...

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/03/default.cfm?BandID=590315

We have recently put some songs up on garageband for some critique and wow, those guys dont hold back. Most comments are just gibberish but then you get the odd person that really takes time and has some really friendly constructive feedback. I review on the site and spend ages listening and going over things offering my thoughts and making sure they are protected as 'my thoughts' and not dictorial rubbish.

Our main problem is category, if we put material in 'pop' people say its 'jazz' if we put it in jazz then the old school jazzers say its in the wrong place. Its too much like easy listening for R&B.

Any help would be a treat.

Regards to all

Saville

Originally posted by 7notemode:

YouTube Video's

I uploaded these tunes today. This is acoustic piano solo jazz improvisation. Comments and ratings welcome. Please be kind to a fellow keyboard forum member!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=7notemode

WOW :D .... even at work These cuts are very Shut Up And listen. You get :thu::thu:

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

Here's some Catholic Christmas pop:

Wrote this 8 years ago, finally got it recorded this past weekend at our Advent / Christmas concert. Apologies for the sound quality - I like my Snowball, but it's got a real high noise floor.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/cgi-bin/dl/1165943389/graytail/auglive_.mp3

Among Us, God, features (10ish) soloist Olivia Brown, and my 15-voice choir, plus me on piano. Did a little post-processing to bring the noise down and try to fix the resulting EQ issues, and mixed in some vocal lines from the rehearsal CD where we fumbled them live. PDF score available on request (Sue... ;) ).

Daffy

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

Originally posted by 7notemode:

YouTube Video's

I uploaded these tunes today. This is acoustic piano solo jazz improvisation. Comments and ratings welcome. Please be kind to a fellow keyboard forum member!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=7notemode

WOW! That was really fresh and original, keep'em coming please! :thu::D

Hi all,

I have several tracks posted on my soundclick site . The material is mainly instrumental jazz/funk or rock fusion with a few R&B tunes to boot. I've just uploaded my latest track called 'On The Verge'. Try not to puke too much :rolleyes:

Peace,

Tuck

Kronos 88 Platinum, Yamaha YC88, Subsequent 37, Korg CX3, Hydrasynth 49-key, Nord Electro 5D 73, QSC K8.2, Lester K

Me & The Boyz

Chris Beard Band

Hey All,

"Love in Vain" - Kerry Kearney Band - me on keys.....Live studio recording of my old band in fromt of about 40 quests at Echo Studios - Deer Park LI NY. From the album "A Night in the Tropics - KKB"

Hope this works it's the first upload on Esnips

Gear used: Yamaha P-250

Hammond XK-3

Leslie 145 w/Speakeasy Classic

2 EV Sx200's

Crown Power base 1

Roland ME-120 mixer

Samson Dual 15 Band WQ

BBE 362

My Ears, Hands, Heart

well enjoy!

Love In Vain - Kerry KEarney Band - Tony Campo - Keyboards

lb :wave:

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Hey All,

"North Country Fair" - Kerry Kearney Band - me on keys.....Live studio recording of my old band in front of about 40 quests at Echo Studios - Deer Park LI NY. From the album "A Night in the Tropics - KKB"

Gear used: Yamaha P-250

Hammond XK-3

Leslie 145 w/Speakeasy Classic

2 EV Sx200's

Crown Power base 1

Roland ME-120 mixer

Samson Dual 15 Band WQ

BBE 362

My Ears, Hands, Heart

well enjoy!

North Country Fair - KKB - Tony Campo Keys

:wave:

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Hey All,

Various tunes with The Kerry Kearney Band - me on keys.....Live/Studio recordings of my old band from "A Night in the Tropics" all other tunes are... "Secrets from the Psychhedelta" CD (with Michael Falzrano (Hot Tuna - "Planet Blues") And "Trippin on Psychedelta" CD with Amy Helm (Levon's daughter on Bkg. vocals on - "These Blues" , "Build Me a Road")...

Really just a good rocking Blues/Roots band that was bred in the bone from live gigging, fly by the seat of your pants mantra -we never practiced, just gigged! Just Good Fun!

Pretty much the same gear on "Secrets from the Pshychedelta CD"(studio) as the "Tropics Live/Studio CD",(live studio) on the "Trippin On Psychedelta CD"(studio) - (Roland RD-700(non sx- with 1st SX piano card not the new one -Piano/Accordian), Korg CX-3, MS KBR-3D, Speakeasy Classic Pre.,)

Tony Campo / KKB on Esnips (various live/studio roots/blues)

enjoy :wave::cool:

Always some amazing and delightful stuff here! :wave:

On a different note, I just finished a soundtrack to a sci-fi movie. All done on keyboards of course and orchestral in nature. Here are a few clips (audio is not the greatest as these are flash videos but they are adequate):

DragonPhoenix Attack

The Journeyman

Intrepid In Danger

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

I just remade I steal the leaves and I also added "facing the dream" the opening credits, fianlly my cd Ancient Shadows that was released Nov 2006, so these two are from the release itself which is actually available in my site, and also digitally in itunes.

http://myspace.com/priscillahernandez

Ahh, finally a chance to show what I can do, even if its minimal. I have acquired a cheap 61 key keyboard, and my tastes are focused on its piano at the moment. I did have synthesized pieces before, but the old pianoforte just blows my mind. I'm basically a one piece concept "band" with a keyboard. It's all about Life, the Universe, and music as the creator of a soundscape, an image.

www.myspace.com/decemberuniverse

I'd love your input and opinions. :)

Hello!

OK, folks, we're trying out Christmas toys....Herein is my recording of Wayne Watson's "Material Magic" for your consideration. The whole thing was sequenced on an Ensoniq SD1 and has no melody line as I used it as an accompaniment track for me to sing over. The mp3 was recorded on Audacity with an Edirol UA-1EX interface (the new toy in question, thanks to my generous and supportive wife and son). Enjoy!

Material Magic

www.wjwcreative.com

www.linkedin.com/in/wjwilcox