Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Jez Davies,

Very NICE! That's the kind of stuff (A Walk in Rio and El Gordo) I play in my spare time (away from the band). I could hear that Rhodes sound all day. Very very nice! Decent recording quality also.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Thanks stepay for checkin out the music. There's loads of stuff I've written in that sort of style. I'd really like to record using real bass and drums (and a nice real grand piano for that matter!) but that's beyond the scope of my limited recording setup at the moment!. Hopefully one day soon...!

Hey guys.

I'm only 17 and only have a plastic toybox Yamaha PSR-225 as my workstation. (Looking to purchase my first REAL Synth Very Soon :P ) I'm right into music and have been mucking around making my own tracks using Sony ACID Pro 5.

Yes, it's on myspace. ( Shame. )

And Yes, it's very low quality. But I've had to learn all the tricks of the trade myself my school doesn't have that vast a music program or anything.

As well as the key's I play Guitar and Drums.

Have a listen and tell me if you think there's any potential at all...

Peace out.

Jake.

www.myspace.com/jakebylsma

-Dutch-

By The Way,

David Bryce - You're a complete role model for me. In a huge way.

Evil Genious rocks my jocks. Composure, sounds, quality, the feel. It has no boring bits at all.

Prog Rock is fantastic, and you nail it.

100% From me. :D

-Dutch-

This is a video of me playing a guitar lead on keyboard. (Spontaneous, so not perfect by any sense of the word) I entitled the song 'Buffy'. I'm not quite sure why. Follow this link - 2nd video on the page -

Buffy Guitar Solo Video

Hope that you enjoy it! I also have a number of original mp3 samples of different styles on my site. Check them out if you wish.

Cheers!

All,

Got some live recordings (6) of the band up at www.putfile.com/stepay Just recorded on August 25. Not too bad considering they are live. A few clams from me, but that's ok.

Hope you like them.

Here are the songs:

White Room (tightest of the ones up there)

Riders On The Storm

Fool For Your Stockings

Confidence Man

Cold Shot

House Is A Rockin'

You're Blue is a song I wrote and did a rough recording of so the guys in the band could hear it. I'm no singer, but that's me singing.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION ALERT:

My Band, Roots of Creation, has just released our second full length album, titled "Rise Up!". It's awesome, obviously. It has special guests that some people here might actually know: Sam Kininger (Soulive), Gordon Stone (Phish, Moe., Strangefolk), and the horn sections from John Brown's Body/ Slightly Stoopid. SWEET!! I'll paste a good press release below, but for now you can check out the music at www.myspace.com/rootsofcreation www.rootsofcreation.com also exists, but is admiteddly less up to date...

Northeast-based reggae rockers, ROOTS OF CREATION will be storming into town soon to lay down their scorching live set, and with a brand new album in tow. Titled Rise Up!, the album has been in the works since January of this year, and is ROCs second full length release. The album (recorded at Studio Metronome in Brookline, NH by Pete Peloquin, also known for his work with O.A.R, Govt Mule, Dropkick Murphys and more) features many songs that have been road tested up and down the east coast over the past year and a half, as well as a handful of brand new songs. The band will be showcasing a number of songs from Rise Up! throughout their live show, as well as other tunes written before and after the album. ROOTS OF CREATIONs sound incorporates elements of reggae, dub, dancehall, hip hop, and electronica, all set to a rock & roll backdrop. This translates wonderfully to a live setting, where the band is free to explore their compositions; sometimes finding themselves and their audience embarking on an improvisational journey to the upper atmosphere and back. Traits like this have the band finding acceptance in the reggae scene, as well as the jam band scene. At any given ROC show, youll find them stomping through fan favorites like Universal Soldier and the sing-a-long Rise Up, as well as creating crashing waves of space thunder with tunes like Proggae (Prog rock + reggae = Proggae!) and MooseDub. ROOTS OF CREATION have been described as, among other things, A Stegosaurus on Acid, Smooth as a Seamless Pair of Panties, and Like Bob Marley meets Black Sabbath. With descriptions like that, and an album featuring a multitude of special guests (Including Sam Kininger of Soulive, Gordon Stone, and the horn sections of John Browns Body and Slightly Stoopid), this is one show that is not to be missed!! Catch them on tour this fall in support of RISE UP!!

"wherever you go, there you are"

"If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why bother practicing??"

This is a Comparison of Ivory 1.5 Steinway and Roland 700SX Superior Grand patch.

Hello All,

I am a long time lurker who recently registered. I have gotten a lot from the forum, so in turn I thought I would post something useful. I recorded the same song twice, once using Ivory, the other time using the 700SX. It is NOT the same MIDI file recorded with different patches. I find that I play differently depending on the patch that I am using, so switching patches using the same MIDI file just doesn't make for a good comparison IMO. This piece is very busy and pianistic, but I wanted to play the patch like a "real" piano for comparison's sake. I hope you find it interesting. Also I just opened a soundclick account. I hope the link works. I am registered at soundclick under 7notemode.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=601831

there are some music form my group, the happy dog project, in myspace (www.myspace.com/happydogproject0. theese are two old songs from our first cd (2003) and two new, unreleased ones. It's a five piece band (organ/rhodes/samples/keys/mellodica, guitar, bass, drums, clarinet) with a saxman as a guest.
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Hey all...

I FINALLY got some time to make an account here!! I'm pretty stoked as I've been wanting to get some free time to interact with you all for a few years now. Touring can be a b!t(h...

I figured I'd make my first post here and throw myself to the fire so to speak. I have some of the things I've been working on (playing and producing) at my site www.leftsidemusic.net . Please feel free to comment away - and definately send me a message there or here!

peace,

g

I am still going through this thread and listening, and I am very impressed... Also a bit embarrassed to post my stuff here....

I am more of a songwriter than a "player"...

I play guitar and keyboards, so I am more of a "jack of all trades and master of none"

These are more like overall songs than keyboard showcases

For these tunes, I wrote the songs (music and lyrics), played keyboards and rhythm guitar, and did the vocals. I had a friend on drums and another that did bass and a few guitar leads.

This probably has the most consistent keyboard, although it's buried a little in the mix: Close To You

This has some keyboard "moments": Swimming Upside Down

This has very little keyboard until it gets to the lead break: The Heart

This is my favorite, although there's not much keyboard in it at all: Invisible

What they can show, I suppose, is how to use keyboards to add that extra "something" to a song without stepping all over it...

BobR

This isn;t my tune but I contributed to the final product. I was playing a vintage Hammond CV through a 147 Leslie. My first time sitting on this beast and I had a blast even though the song was in Db. Give a listen to Mistake. (the first song up)

www.myspace.com/chuckhodges

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Not allowed to deep link from RP, but here's a link to a page with an Alleluia from a mass I wrote. Me on the Kawai K Grand, my pal Annie on lead vocals, and the St. Clement Choir (15 or so voices) and assembly (400 or so voices). Couldn't find the right mic that morning, so miked with a very wrong mic instead - tried to make the best of it.

http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=24970

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

That's cool, Daf! She's a powerful singer, even on the wrong mic. And the piano's clean and clear, nice work.

(it is a bit short, though. I'm hitting play for the 4th time. ;):thu: )

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

The rest of the mass hasn't seen daylight yet, except the Gloria, 10 years and 3 churches ago - THAT'S a major piece of heavy lifting for the choir. The alleluia went so well, though, that I'm considering using the whole thing.

And I'm thinking about a slight rewrite of the alleluia so we can use it as an anthem for Trinity Sunday - it would be 4 verses then.

Thanks for listening, Sue - I hoped you were gonna give a listen. Write me offlist if you want the lead sheet with harmonies...

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

Originally posted by DafDuc:

I'm thinking about a slight rewrite of the alleluia so we can use it as an anthem for Trinity Sunday - it would be 4 verses then.

That was my first thought, too. The structure's there, you could almost ad lib the vocals. Use it for Pentecost. :D;)

Thanks for listening, Sue - I hoped you were gonna give a listen. Write me offlist if you want the lead sheet with harmonies...
That's very generous of you! Thanks!
"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, My band finally got our EP done. So it was really the first time I've recorded my own originals in a pro studio with a band, wow it was a great experience. We tracked everything live spread across a couple of rooms. I recorded with a 7ft Yammie grand and my trusty microkorg, we spent a full day tracking, then did some overdubs later. Then spent more time mixing then we did recording!

Over in OZ land, there's this program called Unearthed from one of our nation wide radio stations, I've entered our tracks into it. If you wouldn't mind listening to a song or 3 from our 5 - track ep please click here

I'd love some feedback so please feel free to review us on there.