Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

BUMP

My band released our debut CD about a month ago, and we've got sound clips (unfortunately, no full songs) on CDBaby here: CDBaby.com/kokoro . I look forward to the feedback from you guys.

Piano is an Alesis QS8, as is the distorted Rhodes in "Greed" (run through, I believe, the SansAmp plugin in Pro Tools). Organ, Wurly and other Rhodes sounds are from a Nord Electro 2. Recorded on a Mac G4 (I think?) Pro Tools system.

Thanks!

David

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

• 1 month later...

Here's a little electronica tune I put together. I'm pleased with it, I don't think it sounds as '80s as my usual stuff. I was trying for a Paul Oakenfold sound, if I may be so bold.

Pluckyness

For the gear junkies out there, the main arpeggio figure is Super Jupiter, the "digital" stuff is Atmosphere, and the rest is Andromeda.

• 2 weeks later...

Gangsu, if you haven't already tried it, check out a copy of "Kind of Blue" as a good "Miles starter kit". I think it's more accessible than a lot of his albums, and it's a revered oldie as well, with John Coltrane & Cannonball Adderly on saxophones, Bill Evans on piano. For more info, see Allmusic.com review .

Hey Duc, I've never been a fan of MDA piano having heard it too much on internet collabs ... but it sounds just beautiful on this cut. Great work all around! :)

Hey Jeff! Thanks for the personal recommendation. I really appreciate that. I signed up to Allmusic and got to listen to 3 3-sec spins, !, but I think I might be able to get into this. Hey, it's LENT, tis the season to put aside all previously known comforts, right? seriously, thanks again.
"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Well, it's Ash Wednesday, so here's something of a sort of liturgical nature for you. An organ prelude, about 2 minutes long, once said to have been written by J.S. Bach. Modern scholars consider the attribution to Bach doubtful at best. I recorded it the other day, playing a tracker organ constructed in 1985. This particular organ is totally devoid of any electrical components other than the blower and the light on the music stand.

OGG format: download now

PM me if you want the MP3.

Any comments welcome.

I'm old school and a hobbyist, so just thought I'd share this. If my keyboard ever goes south, that will pretty much be it for my music stuff. And it probably will soon since it is quite old.

All my stuff is sequenced on the keyboard. Have yet to hook up a pc to it. So, in that sense, Ensoniq did quite a great job way back when they came out with this keyboard.

Original Music Page

Well, I posted in the "CDs available" thread above so I hope it's not improper for me to post here too ... but, you know, maybe you just want to hear music and wouldn't think to check the CD thread for that purpose. Anyway, snippets of the new CD are up:

http://www.zaratepollace.com/music.htm

Since I took the old music off the site months ago ... now you know what I've been up to all this time. :) I hope you enjoy it.

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Originally posted by bartolomeo:

Well, it's Ash Wednesday, so here's something of a sort of liturgical nature for you. An organ prelude, about 2 minutes long, once said to have been written by J.S. Bach. Modern scholars consider the attribution to Bach doubtful at best. I recorded it the other day, playing a tracker organ constructed in 1985. This particular organ is totally devoid of any electrical components other than the blower and the light on the music stand.

OGG format: download now

PM me if you want the MP3.

Any comments welcome.

Very nice, Bart. Definitely a Lenten vibe.

This was one of my first Bach pieces - per my prof, who's a musicologist as well as an organist, the academic world has now accepted these as true Bachs. Not sure what changed their minds...

Who's the buider on the tracker? How did you record it?

Anyhow, thanks for sharing it. I love the "little" P&F's, and it's hard to find recordings. Any more up your sleeve?

Best,

Daf

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Lee Flier:

Hey all... some of you might have read my thread where I raved about a killer keys guy my band has been working with (Joey Huffman). Here is a track of ours with Joey on Mellotron, if anybody's interested! Written by yours truly.

http://www.what-the.com/NothingLeft.mp3

Wow, this is really nice. Of course very Lennon/Beatlesque, but so well done. The Mellotron is perfect using the flute tapes as well as the strings. Is it real? I like all the backwards tape effects, the stop & the outro. Everything is well recorded. Excellent!!

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Yea Lee!! Very good, but I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. Joey does sound good. Nothing more, nothing less than the track needed. The sounds he used were dead on. You got the vibe you wanted with the way you recored this. What was the vocal mic and pre? I dig it. Listened to it last night and it was one of the first things i did today. Kudos..

Glad ya enjoyed it! The vocal mic was a Soundelux e49... awesome mic. Also tracked the vox through a Drawmer 1968 compressor.

Steve, the Mellotron was sampled, but Joey made the samples himself from a real one. And yes he does have a great knack for finding exactly what's needed for a song! I'll have to post some of the B3 stuff he did (and yes that was real, with a tube Leslie), it was too cool.

Thanks for listening!

Hey guys, is something wrong with me? Am I cracking up? I'd love to hear all of your music if I could only get to it! Whenever I click on any of the blue links that you guys have imbedded into your messages, I am taken to an MP3.com page that says "Sorry, we can't find this page." This has happened for every single one!! You guys have discribed them in detail, so I know you can get to them and hear them? How do you do it? Do I have to register first with MP3.com or something before they'll let me in? Sorry, sometimes I miss the obvious!

P. S. Keyman Sam, Sunthetic, Mike Rhodes and Lee Filler, I was able to hear yours! YAY! (They were from other sources besides MP3.com!! Hey, this is awesome to attach names with music!

Hi Jessica,

MP3.com, as a place to share your music, went out of business a couple of years ago, this thread is older than that.

For what it's worth, most of the songs I posted in this thread are no longer on the web, I used to have a ton of stuff online but recently I've decided to just make my latest project and a few other little things available, that may or may not change in the near future.

Peace.

Originally posted by DafDuc:

Gangsu,

MOST of my stuff isn't anything like the Miles jam. As a matter of fact, most of my stuff isn't like most of the rest of my stuff - I'm all over the map.

So here's a love song to my better half you might like better - you'll have to get past my voice, though. :rolleyes:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/cgi-bin/dl/1103218316/graytail/02_beautifful_still.mp3

xxxoo,

Daf

Very nice Daf...

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

After seeing Lee's post up there, I thought I'd toss this link into the fray. And now, for something completely different...

One of these days hopefully I'll actually get to meet Joey...I hear his work all over the place. He and I keep barely missing each other somehow.

Anyway, go here:

http://www.ericframpton.com/audio.html

and click on the Agent Cooper songs (two of them).

Enjoy!

Eric

Eric Frampton, keyboards Atlanta, Georgia, USA

http://www.ericframpton.com

Originally posted by Mark Weiss:

Not my own composition, but I just finished arranging "Chariots of Fire" on my Kurzweil synths.

Here's a direct link to a streaming MP3.

http://www.dv-clips.com/[KurzweilK2600RSK2500RSPC2R-O]Vangelis-Chariots_of_Fire.m3u

Mark that's one helluva reproduction of Chariots - well done! :thu: I've never had the pleasure of owning a Kurzweil but hope to one day...

While I'm here I might as well put up my latest thing like I have on SSS.

It's called Learmont

All done in PT LE and played on a Triton plus some sample CD's ;)

Any criticisms greatly appreciated.

Yeah, just something to do to unwind after spending a week figuring out income taxes. I don't know why, but I find it more challenging to reinvent someone else's music than to create my own. 'Been giving that some thought and I think it's because of the difference in volatility of an idea in the mind vs. one on a CD. I can play the Vangelis CD over and over and work on a specific phrase until I'm satisfied with the result. With an idea in the mind, often it's gone during the time I spend trying to locate or tweak a patch to sound like what it was I heard in my mental image of some music. And during that time, the melody gets lost. Sometimes I get the melody down, but then can't 'hear' the harmonies underneath it in my mental image clearly enough to get them down in MIDI.

A a great tool I often use is the time stretch function in SoundForge. Rip a track to wav file, open in SF, stretch the portions I have trouble with, such as a fast arpeggio, and then by slowing it waaaay down, I can pick out the individual notes.

Also making it go quicker is the repetitive nature of the music, which avails itself to cut & paste operations to build measures quickly.

I was amazed that I could use factory presets to so this song. I did not find it necessary to edit the patches.

My first Kurzweil was bought in March of 2003. By August of that year, I owned three K-series and one PC2R, plus the ExpressionMate ribbon. They are addictive!

Best Regards,

Mark A. Weiss, P.E.

www.ampexperts.com

-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nursers - "Learmont" -- sounded very MIDI-file like. Cheesey in a way, but maybe it depends what context it could sound best in. A video game perhaps. I kept expecting a change of pace or something more attention grabbing to happen in a few spots throughout it.

Kad - "Cocktail" -- really liking how this starts out. This is giving me goosebumps actually, which is very rare for me to get in "amateur" or unheard of music. I'm impressed! I like the background voice harmonies alot. The bass or guitar that comes in fits very well for a kind of break from the lyrics. Very nice song.

Originally posted by Phait:

Kad - "Cocktail" -- really liking how this starts out. This is giving me goosebumps actually, which is very rare for me to get in "amateur" or unheard of music. I'm impressed! I like the background voice harmonies alot. The bass or guitar that comes in fits very well for a kind of break from the lyrics. Very nice song.

Phait - thank you for your very kind words - I appreciate it!!

Kirk

Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...