Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2024 Summer Stadium Tour

spacer.png

These aging rock acts are on the road this summer 2024, teaming up and sharing the stage as their travels align.  

Robin Zander - born in 1953

Ann Wilson - born in 1950

Steve Miller - 1943

Neal Schon - 1954

Joe Elliott - 1959

• Like 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

That tour would be a big pass for me, but could be fun if Eminem showed up to perform with Steve Miller Band.      Eminem has a new track out called Houdini  that sounds like Steve Miller Bands 1982 record  Abracadabra.    Sampling is one thing but Eminem basically just replaced Miller with himself.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

Robin Zander - born in 1953

Ann Wilson - born in 1950

Steve Miller - 1943

Neal Schon - 1954

Joe Elliott - 1959

Todd Jensen - I don't know his DOB but he's a good guy

• Like 3

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

23 minutes ago, TommyRude said:

I’ve seen all these acts (separately of course) and am deeply familiar with their catalogs as rock music (60s, 70s, 80s) was most widely listened to in my most formative years.  By the time Nirvana arrived I was listening to and playing other genres.  But these are good memories, I imagine they’ll sell plenty of tickets.  Steve Miller is 81 years old!  I am amazed he wants to and can do a set.  We should all be so lucky!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2024 at 3:17 PM, Docbop said:

Young Steve Miller reminds me a lot of young Russell Crowe.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

In a funny sort of parallel universe thing:

My Journey trib is playing with a Def Leppard trib at a huge 4th of July Festival in the Houston area.

I get to be rockstar for the day  LOL and they're treating us as such.   This extensive of a thing is new to us:

From part of the advance sent to us

2 nights at hotel by stadium.   (tonight so we can be fresh for load in tomorrow morning)

Then this, which is a first for us

We will have a Private Caterer Cooking on site for your crew. They will be there all day so the band members and crew may choose to eat whenever they would alike. They will have a menu to choose from. Please list if there are any known allergies at this time.

Lol   just enjoying the ride while I can.   Since Friday afternoon, I'm logging back into the day job ;)

• Like 4

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

Interesting.  I have got to imagine their target audience are also older folks who enjoyed the music of the 60s, 70s, and 80s as kids.  And I am having a hard time imagining these geriatric fans would feel comfortable at and enjoy an all-day stadium show.  Questions abound: will there be parking for my mobility scooter; how will I keep my insulin refrigerated; can my bad back tolerate the mosh pit; is it OK to mix my cholesterol-lowering med with the brown acid?

• Like 1

"all day stadium show"

Yeah, nope.  Not quite geriatric yet but that sounds like a day in hell.  Especially not in the summer.   Being at all-day soccer tourneys with my kids was bad enough and I had a canopy :)  

That is a funny note on the mosh pit, a friend of mine in her late 50s did mention that she was sore after getting into one :D 

That Frankie Valli vid was rough, both from the walking dead Frank singing to tracks and the punchable video maker's face perspectives.   And simply put, tracks are a big reason I won't shell out for big shows to square that circle.  Pay all that money, deal with traffic and parking and listen to karaoke....kudos to those of you still actually playing and singing.

30 minutes ago, Stokely said:

That Frankie Valli vid was rough, both from the walking dead Frank singing to tracks and the punchable video maker's face perspectives.   

I sometimes play this dumpy Jersey, Soprano-esque bar where Frankie Valli's brother hangs out. Without fail, before the end of the night, we're "instructed" that we have to back him up as he warbles some oldies.

3 hours ago, JamPro said:

Interesting.  I have got to imagine their target audience are also older folks who enjoyed the music of the 60s, 70s, and 80s as kids.  And I am having a hard time imagining these geriatric fans would feel comfortable at and enjoy an all-day stadium show.  Questions abound: will there be parking for my mobility scooter; how will I keep my insulin refrigerated; can my bad back tolerate the mosh pit; is it OK to mix my cholesterol-lowering med with the brown acid?

I would imagine they have a big crop of fans up to 10-20 years younger who idolized them as heroes that made the big time when they were just high schoolers.  

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 5:40 PM, Doerfler said:

Fucking hell, that is sad news! I am a huge fan of Ann Wilson and was caught off guard when I heard the news. Hopefully Anns cancer will be treated aggressively, and she can go back and tour!

On 7/4/2024 at 7:41 AM, JamPro said:

Questions abound: will there be parking for my mobility scooter; how will I keep my insulin refrigerated; can my bad back tolerate the mosh pit; is it OK to mix my cholesterol-lowering med with the brown acid?

The human desire to live and remain active is a wonder at times. 

It's been very hot here lately. The other day I saw a woman dragging an oxygen tank into Macy's at the mall.

I guess online shopping from an air-conditioned home was not quite the same experience.

I'd imagine it's the same thing for geriatric performers and concert-goers who have health issues. One more show before it's time to go...😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

On 7/4/2024 at 6:31 AM, D. Gauss said:

I sometimes play this dumpy Jersey, Soprano-esque bar where Frankie Valli's brother hangs out. Without fail, before the end of the night, we're "instructed" that we have to back him up as he warbles some oldies.

Aw yes, Bobby, and his Gazebo tours also! We have seen posters for him while in Freehold that he was playing at a Gazebo. So we have often joked about Gazebo tours. At least, he is actually singing and not miming like his brother. I have looked at his You Tube videos and he's actually a decent singer.