Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Thinking of Caevan . . .

Hey, there, friends and family . . .

I got a call yesterday from Caevan O'Shite, who's in the hospital.

He hadn't been feeling great, went in to get things checked out, and it turns out he recently had a heart attack that he hadn't noticed. Unlikely as that may sound, it happens.

Right now, he's in the hospital, waiting for surgery tomorrow (Monday) morning, U.S. East Coast time.

We had a good talk; he sounded upbeat, and he's confident that he's going to feel better once the surgery is done. Still . . .

I'm heading out for work shortly, but I'll check in later, and give him a call this evening. I'll be glad to pass along any greetings and good wishes from anyone here when I call.

In the meantime . . . lest there be any concerns about your thoughts or prayers being misdirected, because we don't know one another's "real" names for the most part, let me assure you, there is only ONE Caevan O'Shite.

Thanks, everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Here is to a full and speedy recovery.  Get Well.

• Thanks 1

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Send him my best! Hope you feel better soon, Caevan! 🤘

• Like 1

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Just spoke with him, and passed along everyone's good wishes!

Surgery is early tomorrow, so I'm going to wait to see if he calls me, otherwise I'll check in the next day.

Thank you ALL, on his behalf!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

7 hours ago, Larryz said:

@Winston Psmith,  A BIG MAJOR THANK YOU for bringing this to our attention and for passing on our GET WELL WISHES to Caevan!!!

@Caevan O’Shite,  GET WELL SOON BIG GUY!!!  We are all sending our best wishes for your speedy recovery!!! :thu::thu::thu: 

:yeahthat:

could not have said it better

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
:nopity:

All - Thank you on Kevin's behalf for the well wishes and kind words. We are very optimistic about the surgery and hope that he returns home mid-week and just feels betterer and betterer, as he would say. I will pass on your messages to him tomorrow after surgery which will no doubt assist in his speedy recovery, and will give you all an update at that time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 6

Thank you for the update.  My prayers (whatever they’re worth) are with y’all.

May he have a great surgical team and an uneventful & rapid recovery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Everyone, Kevin had his heart catheterization this morning, and they found four blocked arteries. He will need more extensive care than his current hospital can provide, so he will be transferred to another hospital for treatment today or tomorrow. He is unable to use his right hand due to it being the access point for reaching his heart during this morning's procedure, and they want that artery to heal without bleeding. So, no guitar playing for a while, or mouse or keyboard. No use of his right hand at all for a bit, in fact, at least until the surgical procedures are completed. He's always been slightly ambidextrous, but this definitely places a pause in his activities. I read each and every one of your messages to him just now, and they are all very much appreciated. I will continue to provide updates on his progress, as we are sure his outcome is positive!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

Damn! Kevin is one of my favorite users on this site, so I am quite surprised that he had a really awful heart attack. I hope he recovers safely, and I hope he gets as much privacy as possible. I hope he returns to this site as soon as possible too, he always has something nice to say about my music tastes. :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Godspeed! Very sorry to hear this. It is not uncommon; my brother-in-law didn't realize he'd had one until he went to a doctor after feeling weak for a week or more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Good, I'm glad to hear it was successful.  So, did he have bypass surgery, angioplasty, or that rotorooter thing that the doctor threads into the artery and grinds up the excess cholesterol?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
I rock; therefore, I am.

22 hours ago, Caevs Grrrl said:

Everyone - Kevin had his surgery this morning. 'Twas a success, and he is resting! :)

@Caevs Grrrl,  THANKS FOR THE GREAT NEWS!!!  WE ALL WISH HIM A SPEEDY RECOVERY! 😎👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Take care, Larryz