Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gear Wish List

I want a simple thing.  

Roland Boutique format release housing their classic and Supernatural  pianos and EPS and clavs.  I’d buy one for my S90XS.  

• Cool 1

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Bits and bobs, that are on my purchase list for the coming 3-8 months:

- Conductive Labs MRCC MIDI Router Control Center (for the Keyboard Lab studio at home)

- A second Novation 61SL MkII (to not have to lug back and forth to rehearsal)

- Crumar D9UX, First one, if it's great, a second one, same reason as above..

- Kurzweil Forte 7, then I can leave my PC3 in the rehearsal as well..

- Apple Mac Mini + some kind of amazing orchestral library, for a musical composition project

- Behringer UB-Xa

Things I'd love to have:

- Some sort of double manual organ clone, (probably split version) both to  use as it is, and to use as controller for my HX3

- Leslie emulation pedal, Ventilator MkII and/or similar (to be investigated)

- Real Leslie, preferably a classic 145, but open to the idea of some of the newly produced tiny ones too and/or....

- Hydrasynth Deluxe

- "Upgrade" my Opsix to the MkII (sell the current original one etc.)

Then i always get exicted by different types of small and inexpensive-ish analog synts, I almost bought a Minitaur the other day, and I have the hots for the Uli MS-5 right now, etc.

I also have a vision, of creating a BIG polyphonic modular Moog system using Behringer's Moog modules and some nice wooden Eurorack wall case, and with their pre-filled proposal racks it's definitely realistic, great value for the price.. But not now, one day when I have absolutely nothing else to do, or to shove money on..

:D

• Like 2

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

I'm honestly feeling pretty good about what I'm using...not sure how I'd improve it.    I'm all software at home and due to the lower cost of plugins I have WAY more than I really need... My biggest need is a better space to put my live stuff in, and a bigger better-sounding space to mix on speakers in :)   Oh, and creativity and the urge to sit down and use them more....

As far as gear--I wish more synths had vocoders.  That's quite a modest and very niche request I know!  I'm eyeing up the Fantom as a 2nd keyboard, it has a vocoder but also all the sounds I'd need to cover a  set if my Nord stage 3 had an issue (and then some).   A friend says the modeled vpiano sounds great in mono, I'm still struggling with this at every damn gig I have to go mono.

• Like 2

I’d love to see an update to the Boutique series with more polyphony and better interface. Especially the Jupiter 8 version. Currently if you use dual voice mode on the Jupiter you only get to play 2 notes. I’d like to see the same interface as the Aira Compact series. 

• Like 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I'm very content with my live rig these days and haven't been trying to change much about it. Aside from a longer-running project to integrate a Roland XV-3080 rack synth to augment my very capable Nord Stage 3. I'm currently convinced that I can do anything with the Nord Stage 3, LOL. 

As for other gear in my rig, I'd LOVE to see a single space rack mount Neo Ventilator Pro, taking a nod from the Dynacord CLS-222. I mean, I'm ok with strapping my 13 year old original Vent onto a rack shelf. I keep thinking how much cooler it would be to have it in a true rack mount box, with visible Leslie speed, added knobs/features, expanded output options, etc. I think my use case is too much of a niche one and less likely to happen.

The only other thing I wish for is more options for modern rack synths. I'm so content using a single board in my rig and have definitely spent time over the past 3+ decades wrangling rack mount rigs. If there were some kind of modern version of whatever that thing was called (Muse Receptor?) but housing reliable versions of current synths...I'd be very interested. I think the Muse product withered away some years ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CEB said:

I want a simple thing.  

Roland Boutique format release housing their classic and Supernatural  pianos and EPS and clavs.  I’d buy one for my S90XS.  

A boutique-format organ module running their V-Combo model would be pretty sweet as well.

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 1

I do like the Stage 3 Compact. One thing I would like to have in the Nord organ section is Filter, Envelope, and Modulation control like it has in the Sample/Synth section. My lowly Casio WK from about 20 years ago does this and it adds so much versatility in creating different types of organ sounds. Since the Casio was marketed to the novice market very few of its users even know about this capability. I have looked for other keyboards with this hidden feature and haven't found it anywhere else at any price.

• Like 1

Gibson G101, Fender Rhodes Piano Bass, Vox Continental, RMI Electra-Piano and Harpsichord 300A, Hammond M102A, Hohner Combo Pianet, OB8, Matrix 12, Jupiter 6, Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, CS70M, CP35, PX-5S, WK-3800, Stage 3 Compact

On the less realistic side of my wishlist, is still the perfect DAW and plugin/ VI controller series, lots of rotary encoders, led scribble strips, flying faders, and assignable buttons with custom led display inside, and of course a big touch screen with buttons and rotary encoders around it. Everything mappable using automation parameters, and no wrapper/host plugins. 

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

3 hours ago, CEB said:

I want a simple thing.  

I don't think racks are coming back.  But desktop units with the sound sets from Kronos, Jupiter-80, Montage M, or K2700 are all welcome!

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

A few things coming to mind:

- A modern Kurzweil in module format, with an improved screen.

- A software version of the Crumar GDS. Possibly with programming help like user-defined macros, spectral display, etc.

- The great Objekt physical modeling synth, made available as a regular VST. At the moment it's just a Reason rack.

- Finally, some usable implementation of harmonic resynthesis, with separation and reconstruction of the noise component. An Acxel II, as announced many years ago, would be very welcome.

Etc. etc. :D

• Like 1

I keep an Excel sheet of future purchase plans...I will say that my gear purchases have trailed off a lot this year, because I don't have as much money to spare this year, so this isn't going to be checked off any time soon. Here's the list...roughly in order of importance.

1. Nord Stage 4 88
  2. Ibanez RGRTBB21 Baritone
  3. Fryette Power Load IR
  4. Fatar TP40m keybed and new pots for my PC3 (76) restoration
  5. EVH 5150 Iconic 40W
  6. Jaspers KR200-6-150RS + 19" 6U rack inserts
  7. Anyma Omega (physical modelling polysynth)
  8. Akai MPC Key 61
  9. Expressive E Osmose
  10. Godin 5th Ave Jumbo P-Rail
  11. Ibanez SML721 Multiscale
  12. Gretsch G5420T
  13. 3 knobs and a "G" key for my Triton LE76

Software stuff/soundsets

1. Aaron Venture Infinite Woodwinds
  2. Drum-Tec Real Acoustics for the Roland TD-17
  3. AcousticSamples C7

The huge wishlist item that's many years off would be a Yamaha DGC1ENST (a GC1 baby grand with full midi integration). That's around $44,500. As I said, that's like the "one day, I'd love to have _x_" item, if I have the funds and space for a grand/baby grand. We have the version with no extra tech at my college, and that's the best feeling piano I've ever played.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

1 minute ago, Mighty Motif Max said:

I keep an Excel sheet of future purchase plans...I will say that my gear purchases have trailed off a lot this year, because I don't have as much money to spare this year, so this isn't going to be checked off any time soon. Here's the list...roughly in order of importance.

1. Nord Stage 4 88
  2. Ibanez RGRTBB21 Baritone
  3. Fryette Power Load IR
  4. Fatar TP40m keybed and new pots for my PC3 (76) restoration
  5. EVH 5150 Iconic 40W
  6. Jaspers KR200-6-150RS + 19" 6U rack inserts
  7. Anyma Omega (physical modelling polysynth)
  8. Akai MPC Key 61
  9. Expressive E Osmose
  10. Godin 5th Ave Jumbo P-Rail
  11. Ibanez SML721 Multiscale
  12. Gretsch G5420T
  13. 3 knobs and a "G" key for my Triton LE76

Software stuff/soundsets

1. Aaron Venture Infinite Woodwinds
  2. Drum-Tec Real Acoustics for the Roland TD-17
  3. AcousticSamples C7

The huge wishlist item that's many years off would be a Yamaha DGC1ENST (a GC1 baby grand with full midi integration). That's around $44,500. As I said, that's like the "one day, I'd love to have _x_" item, if I have the funds and space for a grand/baby grand. We have the version with no extra tech at my college, and that's the best feeling piano I've ever played.

Oh no!  If I make a spreadsheet it’s going to be at least as long!  Dangit, thanks allot, Max.  😉

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

A much larger studio in a much larger house. 

That's pretty much all I want at this point. There. Such a simple list. :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I want a keyboard that is a VST host that supports instruments from any manufacturer.

It should come with automatic mappings for every VST to the controllers and with an additional touchscreen UI for full editing that is as well designed and easy to use as the current Fantom / fantom 0s.

It should have 2 TB on board storage that can be expanded in future. 

It should have  fully weighted and synth key options and be available in any size from 25 note to 88, with poly aftertouch. It should weigh less than 15lb and be foldable for easy transport and storage. 

It should have class compliant audio and midi drivers, and have 16 stereo parts, and 8 stereo outputs, with a built in audio interface. It should fully support midi 2. 

It should have full integration with all major DAWs, along with a full on board sequencer and multitrack audio recorder. It should also have a fully featured sampler. It should include transport controls for recording and playback. 

Naturally it would need 9 faders for drawbars and both wheels and paddle for mod and pitch bends, 16 velocity sensitive pads, min 8 endless encoders. It should also have hands on controls for synth filters and envelopes. 

That would probably suffice for starters. 

• Haha 1

I have great sound sources and my keyboards are fine for sound-design and production work. but for performing?

I'd love a 61 key keyboard controller with a good synth action, a long ribbon, an XY Pad and two or more continuous pedal inputs. 

21 minutes ago, Ibarch said:

I want a keyboard that is a VST host that supports instruments from any manufacturer.

It should come with automatic mappings for every VST to the controllers and with an additional touchscreen UI for full editing that is as well designed and easy to use as the current Fantom / fantom 0s.

It should have 2 TB on board storage that can be expanded in future. 

It should have  fully weighted and synth key options and be available in any size from 25 note to 88, with poly aftertouch. It should weigh less than 15lb and be foldable for easy transport and storage. 

It should have class compliant audio and midi drivers, and have 16 stereo parts, and 8 stereo outputs, with a built in audio interface. It should fully support midi 2. 

It should have full integration with all major DAWs, along with a full on board sequencer and multitrack audio recorder. It should also have a fully featured sampler. It should include transport controls for recording and playback. 

Naturally it would need 9 faders for drawbars and both wheels and paddle for mod and pitch bends, 16 velocity sensitive pads, min 8 endless encoders. It should also have hands on controls for synth filters and envelopes. 

That would probably suffice for starters. 

And motorized faders/drawbars of course!! 🤣

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

51 minutes ago, KenElevenShadows said:

Careful what you wish for, there are a lot of expenses that go along with this. I did just the opposite 12 years ago, no regrets

• Like 1
:nopity:

1 hour ago, KenElevenShadows said:

Hehe!

On the wishlist for my next home is a huge living-room where half of the room can be for creative work, music and photography (not shooting, but editing and printing etc.), and with a curtain rail in the ceiling so if I want to have a cosy living-room for dinners and parties, that's possible too.

Divorced about 6 years ago, no family, living with my dog (JRT) and soon another pup too, long distance relationship since 2+ years and we have no ambition to change that. As it looks now, never again going down the road I was on before, living my best life, so yeah, creative living-room ftw! 😊

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

1 hour ago, Doerfler said:

Careful what you wish for, there are a lot of expenses that go along with this. I did just the opposite 12 years ago, no regrets

You are right, there are a lot of expenses. That's why it will remain a wish. :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.F.N. said:

Hehe!

On the wishlist for my next home is a huge living-room where half of the room can be for creative work, music and photography (not shooting, but editing and printing etc.), and with a curtain rail in the ceiling so if I want to have a cosy living-room for dinners and parties, that's possible too.

Divorced about 6 years ago, no family, living with my dog (JRT) and soon another pup too, long distance relationship since 2+ years and we have no ambition to change that. As it looks now, never again going down the road I was on before, living my best life, so yeah, creative living-room ftw! 😊

I am married, and my wife is very supportive of my night photography and weird music stuff and playing in bands and all that. I used to record my projects as well as other bands in the living room before, and she was cool with that.

If I were in your situation, I would definitely make my living room into a "creative living room". Absolutely!!  hope you keep enjoying life.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Okay, since this is a wish list (but I really have no plans to purchase this, so wishing is all it will be)...

In addition to a larger room in a larger house, I wouldn't mind having a Moog Voyager.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Husker said:

I'd love a Jupiter X in a rack or module format. 

A desktop version, +1 on that!

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

22 hours ago, CEB said:

I want a simple thing.  

I think the only limit here (they'd probably love to do it) is the built in polyphony limitation with their current technology in the boutiques. It's fine for a Jx or Juno knock clone, but piano probably needs at least 16.

• Like 1

"For instance" is not proof.

The boutique I have is the D-05.  It’s is pretty much a D-50 with 16 voice polyphony … I don’t how difficult that would be for pianos though. 

I never thought about the polyphony issues.  

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I'd like to upgrade my JBL cabinet to a QSC K12.2, though honestly my JBL does the job and then some.

For keyboards...The Oberheim OB-X8. That's all.

I'd also love a second Invisible stand. I keep looking and looking.

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, Invisible keyboard stand (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson

Nothing in terms of gear.  I wish that I had more time to sit down and play music.😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"