Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arturia: A new chapter awaits…

Got an email from Arturia that says:

“A new chapter awaits…

We are grateful to continue making the instruments we love, but it is the ingenuity and passion of you, our fellow sound explorers, that drives us forward. Thank you for being with us every step of the way.

Join us on Tuesday April 9th at 6PM CEST as we set the stage for what's coming next…“

There’s much speculation in the live chat as to what they refer to. People are thinking everything from a subscription model, or they’ve been acquired (boo!!), to some new instrument or controller (yay!!).

https://r.info.arturia.com/mk/cl/f/sh/WCPzyXJTZ7AVlvPf0vdetInwMOKTUdTq/ydokrZqNcLfH

• Like 1

Possibly Ai integration of some sort. Not reading an acquisition from that video.

Still love their  SparkLE 2 product (insane they dropped it), and their FX collection is pretty useful.

AI feels off-brand for them. I certainly have zero interest in it.

I could see them offering a subscription option (to include sound libraries) but not a sub-only model. 

Would love to see a keylab mk3 with a firmer action and controls, maybe MIDI 2.0 if that can be a thing.

I’m with whoever said 61-key, higher polyphony Freak synth. That could be fun.

I’ll hand it to Arturia, they are good at NDAs. 😂

• Like 4
I make software noises.

Maybe they're moving into lucrative peanut farming...... or subscription hardware which self destructs upon cancellation 😁👍

Whatever it is, they make it sound like a radical new direction. Can we trust them not to over hype the pre-announcement?

I'm hyperventilating just anticipating it!😆

The companions I can't live without: Kawai Acoustic Grand, Yamaha MontageM8x, Studiologic Numa Piano X GT, Kronos2-73, .
Other important stuff: Novation Summit, NI Komplete Ultimate 14 CE, Omnisphere, EW Hollywood Orchestra Opus, Spitfire Symphony Orchestra, Sonuscore Elysion and Orchestra Complete 3, Pianoteq 8 Pro, Roland RD88.

I suppose it could be anything music related.

I just hope they don't completely discontinue their signature products. I've not purchased much from them recently, but I do have in mind buying a couple of things they still list currently, a bit further down the track....though as naive as that might be.

The companions I can't live without: Kawai Acoustic Grand, Yamaha MontageM8x, Studiologic Numa Piano X GT, Kronos2-73, .
Other important stuff: Novation Summit, NI Komplete Ultimate 14 CE, Omnisphere, EW Hollywood Orchestra Opus, Spitfire Symphony Orchestra, Sonuscore Elysion and Orchestra Complete 3, Pianoteq 8 Pro, Roland RD88.

Unfortunately not a firmware update for Beatstep Pro, such a great concept but unfortunately seems to have turned into abandonware.

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

1 hour ago, J.F.N. said:

Unfortunately not a firmware update for Beatstep Pro, such a great concept but unfortunately seems to have turned into abandonware.

I used to have a couple of those. I was intending to keep them "forever", but the touch sensitive rubber on the knobs went intolerably sticky to touch, and they were too horrible to use. So I sold them. I hate that tacky degrading rubbery feel.

27 minutes ago, DeltaJockey said:

I used to have a couple of those. I was intending to keep them "forever", but the touch sensitive rubber on the knobs went intolerably sticky to touch, and they were too horrible to use. So I sold them. I hate that tacky degrading rubbery feel.

Yeah, that type of button material is really crap, same on my Nektar P1 as well, at least Nektar had the good taste of sending out replacement knobs for free, even though I bought it used...

Both of these units will end up on Reverb at some point, never use them.

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

Maybe an ios app of their Moog Modular that runs on an Apple watch!

I think I can wait two days to find out, but I'm surprised the speculation is about Arturia being bought rather than Arturia buying someone themselves. Who knows? I have personally been expecting them to be absorbed into Native Instruments for over a year now, especially as NI pulls away from synthesis.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

14 hours ago, LarsHarner said:

I am hoping for a 88 key MKIII with the top of the line Fatar action 

Same here. I had hoped that for the MKII, but no - same old same old.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

A subscription model to me and many would come across as not exciting at all. The tone of the release seems a little more potentially “exiting for all”. 

• Like 1
Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

3 hours ago, Bobby Simons said:

Same here. I had hoped that for the MKII, but no - same old same old.

In hindsight, I wish I would have gotten the 88 key version, as I have really enjoyed how the 61 integrates with my setup. 

On 4/5/2024 at 1:17 PM, johnchop said:

AI feels off-brand for them. I certainly have zero interest in it.

I could see them offering a subscription option (to include sound libraries) but not a sub-only model. 

Would love to see a keylab mk3 with a firmer action and controls, maybe MIDI 2.0 if that can be a thing.

I’m with whoever said 61-key, higher polyphony Freak synth. That could be fun.

I’ll hand it to Arturia, they are good at NDAs. 😂

All of the D keys on my MKII 61 turned yellow. Maybe they’re officially announcing this as a cool “retro” feature in the MKIII?

• Haha 2

Jazz is the teacher, Funk is the preacher!

On 4/5/2024 at 8:44 PM, Ed A. said:

they’ve been acquired (boo!!)

That's where I'd put my money. "A new chapter" tends to translate into some drivel corporate-speak about "exciting" "innovative" "channels" "building on our heritage and legacy" "bright future" "mission and values", and the folks who actually come up with the clever ideas being laid off. 

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, stoken6 said:

That's where I'd put my money. "A new chapter" tends to translate into some drivel corporate-speak about "exciting" "innovative" "channels" "building on our heritage and legacy" "bright future" "mission and values", and the folks who actually come up with the clever ideas being laid off. 

Cheers, Mike.

Eww (but you may be right).

The linked video doesn't quite outline that but who knows when it comes to acquisition. I like Arturia overall (as it is now). I think they stand out a bit in a sea of forgettable others. Hope a subscription future is not the plan (so gross)

3 hours ago, stoken6 said:

Maybe by inMusic like Moog was?

Notice the use of the phrase "A New Chapter" in the headline:

https://www.moogmusic.com/news/moog-and-inmusic-new-chapter-innovation-and-collaboration-begins

Might also be this, an 88 note hardware version of Arturia Analog Lab V software called AstroLab:

https://device.report/arturia/astrolab-88

There also appears to be a 61 note and mini version:

https://device.report/arturia/astrolab-61

https://device.report/arturia/astrolab-mini

The name "AstroLab" would be consistent with the astronaut in Arturia's promo video.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ed A. said:

Might also be this, an 88 note hardware version of Arturia Analog Lab V software called AstroLab:

https://device.report/arturia/astrolab-88

The name "AstroLab" would be consistent with the astronaut in Arturia's promo video.

It could be a deliberate tactic to get the speculation hot by deliberately inserting connections to their affairs and product, that will have nothing to do with their news.

I've seen that time and time again.

I guess they would have a lot of fun playing games with the public. Maybe sharpening the impact of the real announcement.

Another possibility is the integration of their effects into a new digital mixer, given that the AudioFuse interfaces just got a new lease on life and are generally given good reviews for audio quality and connectivity options.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager