Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg Forum???

Well it’s definitely down….has been for a while and before that getting in was hit and miss.

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

Can’t believe how long Yamaha’s synth forum has been MIA, now Irish Act’s KORG forum is down once again :(

Uggh I hope they can be retrieved and return somehow, both have been a great source of help to me over the past several years, along with MPN/keyboard corner forum here!

3 minutes ago, BenWaB3 said:

Is that one of the Korg forums on Facebook? If it is/was an independent forum I wish I had known about it.

Not on Facebook it was/is independent of KORG…run by Irish Acts by a person with an username of Sharp.

• Like 1

I was a member of the Nord and Modx facebook groups (despite not using FB for anything else).  Maybe not all FB groups suck, but those do.  I ended up leaving the Nord one because some troll got personal and there was no decent moderation.  The intelligence-per-question amount was...lacking...as well.   "How come my Modx sounds bad?" was about middle of the road as far as quality.

6 minutes ago, David Barrickman said:

Can’t believe how long Yamaha’s synth forum has been MIA, now Irish Act’s KORG forum is down once again

Rolandclan was just down for a good while, too.

3 minutes ago, Stokely said:

I was a member of the Nord and Modx facebook groups (despite not using FB for anything else).  Maybe not all FB groups suck, but those do. 

FB has a very high suckage quotient. When  it comes to groups associated with products/manufacturers, it's most useful for the ones that are actively run/managed by that person/company, when those companies use them to actually support the products (e.g. CME widi devices, the Keystage and Camelot apps).

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

It just looks like a server problem, similar to what has happened many times over the years. It'll probably get fixed before long and all will be well.🤞

I know in the past It's sometimes taken James some time to get a round to dealing with it.

• Like 1

The companions I can't live without: Kawai Acoustic Grand, Yamaha MontageM8x, Studiologic Numa Piano X GT, Kronos2-73, .
Other important stuff: Novation Summit, NI Komplete Ultimate 14 CE, Omnisphere, EW Hollywood Orchestra Opus, Spitfire Symphony Orchestra, Sonuscore Elysion and Orchestra Complete 3, Pianoteq 8 Pro, Roland RD88.

2 hours ago, DeltaJockey said:

It just looks like a server problem, similar to what has happened many times over the years. It'll probably get fixed before long and all will be well.🤞

I know in the past It's sometimes taken James some time to get a round to dealing with it.

indeed, although there is a recent thread in which he expressed a desire for additional support in maintaining the forum.

PEACE

_
_
_

When musical machines communicate, we had better listen…

http://youtube.com/@ecoutezpourentendre

8 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

If the Korg forum needs a new home, MPN would probably be able to host it.

dB

that would be great…. and maybe set up sections for Yamaha, Roland, Mainstage, et al?  Maybe they already exist, I just haven’t drilled down

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

8 hours ago, David Barrickman said:

Can’t believe how long Yamaha’s synth forum has been MIA,

Yeah, that's too bad.  They had some really great user as well as corporate expertise there.  Bad Mister would participate regularly before he retired.   He could really add perspective to questions and topics that straddled product lines and markets.

• Like 1

J  a  z  z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

My only concern is seeing the site become overloaded with too many separate sub-forums. The individual threads seem to address whatever issues the members post, overall. Some last for months and then rise from the dead 2 years later! The site represents plenty of work for its keepers as it is. I wouldn't want to kill the golden goose. That reminds me... its time to add an MPN donation to my To-Do list.

I also allow for my being 98% ITB. That's far afield from buying vintage hardware and trying to address the frequent repair issues. Likewise the esoteric fifth layer down in a newer synth's convoluted OS. A lot of manufacturers now offer tips & tutorials on-site and YouToob covers a lot of it. Then there's the Help/Search sections of virtually every softsynth. Its literally at my fingertips. The information paradigm has shifted enormously since I bought my first Mirage.      

• Thanks 1

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

2 hours ago, TommyRude said:

that would be great…. and maybe set up sections for Yamaha, Roland, Mainstage, et al?  Maybe they already exist, I just haven’t drilled down

No, they don’t.

For me to create a new forum, I’d have to feel like the forum would get/bring its own traffic/community.  I’ve started a few over the years.  Most have not worked, even those that had an existing community of people it appeared would like an online place to hang.

1 hour ago, David Emm said:

My only concern is seeing the site become overloaded with too many separate sub-forums. The individual threads seem to address whatever issues the members post, overall. Some last for months and then rise from the dead 2 years later! The site represents plenty of work for its keepers as it is. I wouldn't want to kill the golden goose.

In the case of something like the Korg forum we’re discussing here, it wouldn’t be a subforum of KC.  It’d ideally be its own forum with its own community.

MPN effectively has unlimited digital real estate.  I’m essentially offering space to another community if they need help.

dB

• Like 4

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I'm sure Yamaha's forum is not gone for good. It's probably the most "secure" of the bunch, since unlike the 3rd-party run Korg/Roland/Nord forums, the Yamaha one is actually owned by Yamaha (even though the operation of it is outsourced). I just hope that, when they finally do get it going again, all the old content is still there!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

The Yamaha forum experience was at times not very good, I frequently lurked there (never joined) but would quite often see posts complaining about forum issues along with out of control strange spam threads and advertisement posts polluting the forum…not sure how secure it was despite Yamaha owning it...certainly appears Yamaha outsourced to an incompetent company…my experience here at MPN Keyboard Corner and at other independent forums like KORGforums and YamahaMusicians has been way better (not as much or no spam, down times non existent or very occasional, etc) 😎🤗

23 hours ago, DeltaJockey said:

Exactly. I emailed the owner, hopefully it will just be one of those temporary bugs. Long live Korg. :allhail:

Update : back and running again.  :guinness:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Radagast said:

I think the problems with the site are a good analogy of Korg itself.

??

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 5:37 PM, Radagast said:

Maybe the people running it are just fed up with Korg doing nothing more than create products from the raspberry pi.

Oh wow. People do get riled up about the oddest things. I can understand getting fixated on the type of analogue filter chip used in a board, but the cpu? Wild. It would be like getting worked up because a softsynth was complied with Clang instead of MSBuild.

14 hours ago, Baggypants said:

Oh wow. People do get riled up about the oddest things. I can understand getting fixated on the type of analogue filter chip used in a board, but the cpu? Wild. It would be like getting worked up because a softsynth was complied with Clang instead of MSBuild.

The point is that Korg is limiting themselves with what they can make.  So screw them.

5 hours ago, Radagast said:

The point is that Korg is limiting themselves with what they can make.  So screw them.

Every company limits themselves in one way or another, e.g. re-using some of their pre-existing tech for a new product, rather than creating every new product from scratch. It's part of how they stay in business. From a buyer's point of view, what matters is whether the company is making products you want to buy. I doubt every product is based on the Raspberry Pi, but to whatever extent they are, if that's helping them come out with interesting products at reasonable price, what's the problem?If Korg's products work for you, it doesn't matter what tech they used to get there. (Likewise, if Korg's products don't work for you, it doesn't matter what tech they used to get there, and it's unlikely that the processor they used would have made the difference.) Any company could theoretically make something even better if they designed without constraints, but as the saying goes, if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon.

On 3/13/2024 at 12:03 PM, David Barrickman said:

Can’t believe how long Yamaha’s synth forum has been MIA, now Irish Act’s KORG forum is down once again :(

Uggh I hope they can be retrieved and return somehow, both have been a great source of help to me over the past several years, along with MPN/keyboard corner forum here!

Yamaha gets user feedback from owners via 

https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/

A much more controlled environment.   No haters, no bots or spammers, much less need for moderation.  Not exactly a forum and maybe they like that.  

• Thanks 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

55 minutes ago, ElmerJFudd said:

Yamaha gets user feedback from owners via 

https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/

A much more controlled environment.   No haters, no bots or spammers, much less need for moderation.  Not exactly a forum and maybe they like that.  

But they also have a forum, https://yamahasynth.com/community/ - but it's basically been down for months, semi-operational at best.