Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What are your favorite pop and rock groups of the past five or so years?

Rather than discuss pop music that sucks and all, why don't we discuss some groups we love? Since we can get into the weeds a bit about groups putting out stuff now, let's say relatively new groups that are putting out the main part of their musical output now as opposed to 35-year old groups who are still releasing albums? Oh, and don't get too "strict" about the past five years. I just mean relatively recently.

I don't even know how to describe Khruangbin, who have become rather popular. Check them out.

I saw these guys live and thought they sounded so dreamlike and wonderful. Their album does not disappoint.

Someone from SSS (sorry, can't remember who) posted this very video of Slift. They're pretty great, so I'm going to share it again.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a couple new bands on the Legends Of Rock Cruise last week.

Ones that stood out for me:

Jax Hollow

Matthew Curry

Immediate Family (Lee Sklar & friends)

Anthony Gomes (he's been around for a while but has dialed down the 'guitar monster' aspect in favor of putting out good songs).

Dawn Watson (we saw her on the LRBC Blues cruise a couple weeks ago)

On 2/28/2024 at 11:02 PM, KenElevenShadows said:

omeone from SSS (sorry, can't remember who) posted this very video of Slift. They're pretty great, so I'm going to share it again.

I skimmed through the vid waiting for them to fire up the Van de Graaff generator, but they never did. I want my money back ;(

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Sorry, I haven't gotten around to listening to these offerings yet. Here's one more that I like quite a bit.