Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Moog synth coming

19 minutes ago, ImproKeys said:

Sure? Any info on pricing available?

no, i just tell a price...😁

• Haha 1

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Well that’s great news. I’ve been hoping they would come to their senses and make polysynth for the masses. I love my Matriarch, so it’s exciting that it shares some DNA. How am I ever gonna afford this plus an OBX8!?

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

7 minutes ago, dazzjazz said:

Well that’s great news. I’ve been hoping they would come to their senses and make polysynth for the masses. I love my Matriarch, so it’s exciting that it shares some DNA. How am I ever gonna afford this plus an OBX8!?

Brotha Darren, you're going to make a hard choice or a sacrifice or both.🤣

Moog is long overdue for a relatively affordable poly synth. Folks have only been waiting 40 years.😁

Between the Moog One and Matriarch paraphony, clearly Moog could do poly at a more reasonable price. 

I'm inclined to believe Moog rode their gravy train until the proverbial wheels fell off.   

Let's see if this inMusic product retains the Moog mojo or smells like something that notoriously beloved B company would do.😁😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

The Prophet 5 desktop satisfied my nostalgia driven hunger for an analog polysynth, and the Matriarch holds an interesting spot as a paraphonic beast.  So while I am unlikely to be in the market for any of the new analog polysynths I wish the best for the remaining Moog Music staffers in Asheville and root for the success of Moog Mirror for their sakes.

• Like 1

This looks very interesting. Kind of like those lit buttons on the bottom. 

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I think price will determine the popularity of the Mirror, if that is indeed what it is called. It seems we’re looking at an 8-voice, two-oscillator synth, which would have to be pretty compelling to replace my Prophet Rev-2 (even if I only had the 8-voice version; I have the 16). Quite curious to see where this goes.

• Like 1

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

On 2/14/2024 at 5:45 PM, Stephen Fortner said:

I think price will determine the popularity of the Mirror, if that is indeed what it is called. It seems we’re looking at an 8-voice, two-oscillator synth, which would have to be pretty compelling to replace my Prophet Rev-2 (even if I only had the 8-voice version; I have the 16). Quite curious to see where this goes.

I totally agree with Steve.  When you have Prophet and OB reissues…. Watching and waiting.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

People are driving themselves and each other crazy with chitchat over this thing, with Moog/inMusic apparently not ready to officially announce it, let alone share product details or specs.... in the midst of that, someone posted this enlarged image.

image0.jpg?ex=65e24d36&is=65cfd836&hm=4e

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mate stubb said:

How will this distinguish itself against the already Moogy Trigon? 2 more voices but one less oscillator per voice...

I think it will be that Moog logo. 🤨 Stay tuned for someone who will get grief for having them stacked together. With big analog sounds, there's a fine line between power and mush. The Mirror seems poised to join the general ranks of recent "player's synths," with the focus on the voice and a decent dusting of basic niceties. Its easy to foresee it driving a Peak or being driven by a Hydrasynth. One likely spec: a price tag below the $6-8K level.

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"