Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pocket (trademark) Piano

https://pocketpiano.com

Up to 87 notes and a single pedal.  Breaks down into modules that snap together magnetically. Powered by a library by Synthogy Ivory. About $1k-1.5k.  Pricey, but if it’s important you have 7 octaves of keys that fit in a bag.  🤷‍♂️ 

Jesus gives it a spin at NAMM.  

Does it really have to be this expensive?  I just don’t know.  

• Haha 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

What a crock.....pro players never dream of having a keyboard that fits in a bag. They have roadies to set up whatever they need on stage....

Setting up a piano...on a plane.....in economy class....really??

And dont get me started on the connection system. I would expect some vertical/parallel slide down lock. Show me someone swiping their hand up the keyboard energetically mid solo without these sections flying off....and I guess it wont fit on any kind of stand either, just a table top.

I wouldnt pay £15 for this, what are they thinking......

Well done Jesus, have fun spending the endorsement cheque 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

1 hour ago, re Pete said:

Are there digital pianos with a hinge that can fold? Seems it would be easier. Just add something on bottom to add support where the hinge is.   

VAX77 is the only one I know of that was ever built with a hinged design.  And that had a weighted action keyboard with pro level controller features.  

The only thing I would use a pocket Piano type keyboard, for would be note entry with a sequencer or Sibelius.  And for that job, this is a terrible price   CME XKey Is a much more affordable solution also with Bluetooth.  

• Like 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

13 minutes ago, ElmerJFudd said:

VAX77 is the only one I know of that was ever built with a hinged design.  And that had a weighted action keyboard with pro level controller features.  

The only thing I would use a pocket Piano type keyboard, for would be note entry with a sequencer or Sibelius.  And for that job, this is a terrible price   CME XKey Is a much more affordable solution also with Bluetooth.  

I had a VAX77 and loved it. Dumbest thing I have done is sell it - really regret doing so.

I agree the cost is high, but you can get 88 keys. The CME won’t do that. The value of the de Voyage would be a backup for gigs without having to take a full sized backup and also for arranging/practicing while on travel.

• Like 1

This looks nice for people who travel a lot, especially by air. Carry-on pretty much limits you to 49 keys, at least if you don't want much risk of being told you have to check it.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

But does it have Polyphonic Aftertouch?

And actually I could see going on stage with just the bottom three notes and playing full [insert genre you don't have much respect for] arrangements....

• Haha 1

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music