Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I never knew…

8 hours ago, ksoper said:

Rheem organ and other imports

This is worth reading. There's this wonderful exchange:

Jerry: "The XXX has this control on it called Multi Tone Boost and we don't. Can we add it?"
Doug: "What does it do?"
Jerry: "I don't know, is it important?"
Doug: "Well if it's a feature that's popular in the competition, yes, it's important."
Jerry: "We just need to have the control, it doesn't have to do the same thing."
Doug: "Well, what do you want it to do?"
Jerry: "I don't care as long as it does something."
Doug: "How much can I spend on it?"
Jerry: "You mean there's more than just the switch?"
Doug: "Probably."
Jerry: "OK, in addition to the switch - fifty cents."

Cheers, Mike.

• Haha 1

That Rheem Mark VII was my very first keyboard.  I bought it, a red tuck-'n-roll Fender amp and a 15" speaker cabinet all for $300 from a pawn shop in Cambridge, MA., around 1976.  I remember not liking it because it didn't sound like the organ on all those cool Allman Bros. records (which was of course a Hammond and Leslie).  I sold it when I bought a 73-key Rhodes Suitcase.

Occasionally, I peruse Reverb with fantasies of buying another one for the sake of nostalgia. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RABid said:

How good can it be if you have to play it with sticks?

Speaking of which - that guy's other hand is bigger than his head!

In all seriousness.....  My dad worked for General Electric when I was a kid, and everything in the house was from GE.  I am sure if GE made musical instruments we would have had them.  Come to think of it, a GE organ is somewhat more believable than a Rheem organ, so who knows?  Maybe they did.

A deboned chicken stuffed into a deboned duck stuffed into a turkey. New Orleans chef Paul Prudhomme is generally recognized as the originator. 

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

5 hours ago, Chris Link said:

A deboned chicken stuffed into a deboned duck stuffed into a turkey. New Orleans chef Paul Prudhomme is generally recognized as the originator. 

Thanks chris thats an amazing thing.

A bit like our Roo balls stuffed into a poached emu egg then stuffed into a fried Wombat. Thats finger licken good. I believe a bushy from somewhere near Wolf Creek chucked this together.