Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard Organ Blindfold Test

None of the 5 are top tier clonewheels ....  So if we can agree that hammond, crumar, viscount and mag are in the top tier is this to see who might qualify for a 5th place finish?

• Haha 1

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

30 minutes ago, Delaware Dave said:

None of the 5 are top tier clonewheels ....  So if we can agree that hammond, crumar, viscount and mag are in the top tier is this to see who might qualify for a 5th place finish?

5th place finish must be the case because if was buying a clonewheel....hands down (no pun intended) it would be a Viscount Legend Live.😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Very good player . I am really impressed by the nord and yamaha , will go and check those out..( the yamaha seems to have improved significantly with updates ,I did not follow for quite a while . I still have my electro 1 and while percussion is a bit artificial and C/V a bit too warbly it is still somehow good .

4 hours ago, Baldwin Funster said:

It's my impression, and I've even heard jack say that his reviews are like if you walked in to andertons and saw a keyboard for the first time. You'd try to power it up and run through the first 10 presets as they came up. You'd be ignorant about how to navigate any menus or how to get the patches tweaked to sound better. So with that in mind his reviews very consistently follow this approach. 

His shootouts with blindfolded guest players are a little different but how much you can learn about a board, when your production time is going to be spent on lighting, headphones, blindfolds and sound leveling, is going to be a glance at best.

nah, you’d have read the manual online plus 19 pages of largely speculative pre-release comments here and would have a pretty good idea how it works.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

He clearly said, "the best Hammond Organ sound in the shop." I can't expect them to try clones they don't carry. "The winner is a brand we don't have, and second place is another brand we don't have!!"

Who would do that? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

53 minutes ago, Al Quinn said:

Yep, I agree. I can’t help but wonder why Anderton’s isn’t selling the best clone wheels. 

Higher profit margins on selling Roland, Yamaha ect. And so when they sell a crumar instead of a Yamaha they actually undermine their own profit strategy.

• Like 2

FunMachine.