Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GSI MODEL D6

Just purchased Model D6 for my iPad. This is by far the best clavinet modeling software ever!  This will be great for all the clav and some of the guitar sounds I use in my band. At $20 it’s a no-brainer!

https://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=58#dl

• Like 5

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Thx...just bought it myself as well!

It's very good - will sit nicely with Pianoteq iOS as my most recent additions to the "stable"

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Curious, does it have that little "plink" sound on key-release?

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage4, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

this is most likely the same one contained in my gemini module.  It is highly accurate as many of his modeled instruments are.  The gemini, for me,  was a fantastic purchase as it added new life to my aging PC3.  top notch organ/leslie, acoustic/electric pianos, brass, saxes, strings, mellotrons, woodwinds, CP70 and 80, Vox, Farfisa, and two to three dozen other sounds. A fabulous investment....

• Like 3

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

1 hour ago, kenheeter said:

Yes, I had a Gemini and foolishly sold it. I just purchased another one and it pairs beautifully with my Numa X piano.

Ken, Guido added three new pianos, the best (IMO) is the Steinway D-274, but in actuality I've been using the Yamaha C5 as it seems to mesh better with the rock music I play.  When I have piano centric music like Billy Joel and Elton John I use the Steinway.  He also added a CFX (for the Mojo as well).  Very nice, acoustic pianos are no longer the Achilles heel of the Gemini (and Mojo).

• Like 1

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

6 hours ago, ChazKeys said:

Has anyone else noticed that this app does not run in the background. Unlike VB3m there is no Background Audio option in settings. Hopefully, GS will add this at the next update. 

Yes, I noticed that. It kind of cripples the AP for live use. 

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

30 minutes ago, HammondDave said:

Yes, I noticed that. It kind of cripples the AP for live use. 

If you are in iOS you can use AUM and run D6 in the background or front ground or whatever. The big bummer is D6, Vb3(x), mini orchestra ect all don't support the pitch wheel. That's crippling.

FunMachine.

34 minutes ago, ImproKeys said:

At least you can bend up on the D6 if you have a board with aftertouch connected...

I'm looking into a pitch wheel app which might work in AUM .

If so, Woo-hoo! 

Cmon Guido,

Horns without pitchbend?

Clav without the big whammy bar?

B3 without a toggled motor effect?

What's up with that?

FunMachine.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, dickiefunk said:

I’m currently using the Pianoteq Clavinet addon which I think already sounds really good. How does the GSI D6 compare in realism?

To me the pitchbend / whammy bar sounds more authentic on D6. And you can detune it slightly via aftertouch. 

The Pianoteq Clavinet was one of its stronger elements as I recall, but I sold my license a few years ago when I concluded that modeling will NEVER match sampling for realism -- something that got continually hammered home based on the differences in feedback from people hearing my fully produced recordings.

I have been using Soniccouture's for many years now and have no complaints. My comparison of the audio demos of this new one to AAS Lounge Lizard was not exactly an endorsement. 🙂 I still have strong memories of the clavinet I was caretaking a number of years ago (and the one I almost bought), and they all differ due to how they age, but this new one is not speaking to me as a realistic version. Maybe buried in a mix, I wouldn't notice. I like my clavinets to bark and have a lot of body to them.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager