Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rockit cover

Ed A.

Cool. I've had Rockit on my rearrangement/covers list for some time. This one's pretty faithful though. I have more radical plans afoot. 🙂

But yeah, awesome chops, tight left-hand bass and incredible control with the vocoding.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

8 hours ago, Mark Schmieder said:

Cool. I've had Rockit on my rearrangement/covers list for some time. This one's pretty faithful though. I have more radical plans afoot. 🙂

Stoner Rock? Charleston? Baroque Concerto Grosso? Carnatic Raga? Enquiring minds want to know...

Cheers, Mike

17 hours ago, stoken6 said:

Stoner Rock? Charleston? Baroque Concerto Grosso? Carnatic Raga? Enquiring minds want to know...

Cheers, Mike

Unfortunately, I can't find  my notes; just a reference in a jazz album project to "see other notes". Hopefully I'll find those notes once I FINALLY finish unpacking my last few manuscript boxes in my new house. My vague recollection is that I was planning on turning it into sort of a Sousa march featuring the tuba.

• Like 1

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

On 9/26/2022 at 8:38 AM, roygBiv said:

Man, that link sent me on a rabbit hole of some of these guy's other stuff - watching them do this improv gave me keyboard shrinkage!

What´s the bottom board (?),- cannot identify ...

I like the Rhodes sound.

I´m aware the stomp boxes have some influence too.

:)

A.C.

11 hours ago, Al Coda said:

Thx !

RD-2000 ...

The 800 does not show the 4 buttons under the display.

The RD-2000´s pitch- and mod- wheels are covered by the silver FX box,- which was irritating.

:)

A.C.

Looks to me like it is actually an RD700, either the SX, GX, or NX.  The RD2000 has different endcaps and has LED sliders and encoders to the left of the display.

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper

6 hours ago, GotKeys said:

Looks to me like it is actually an RD700, either the SX, GX, or NX.  The RD2000 has different endcaps and has LED sliders and encoders to the left of the display.

I think you´re right,- the endcaps are different.

Now, which of these you mention above delivers this Rhodes sound ?

And can it be, this multisample made it into successors too ?

:classic_unsure:

A.C.

He's got a ton of videos on YouTube. He's done a few review videos of synths as well. Killer funk chops (and left hand)!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

On 10/1/2022 at 8:44 PM, Pa Gherkin said:

These guys are great. What a shame nobody seems to be paying any attention except for one woman at the left of the screen who is into it. If I was there I’d be applauding like crazy.

I see 20-23 onlookers in the first and 10 in the second video. Time of day and week make a difference. The woman you mentioned is the only one showing her enthusiasm by moving her body though but the dude who uses his to navigate to the tip jar deserves recognition. A lot of people listen with their eyes. There is a lot happening with these two yet they are relatively stoic given all the funkiness they are emanating in audio waves.