Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Drug deal at the Park.

It was a successful transaction after a meet up at Victoria Park in Carson. :D

A hand-off to Bobby Cressey of my trusty CP4 before his gig in Palos Verdes.

We've been through a lot together in eight years but it was time to transfer it over to a great player who will put it to more use then sitting in my closet.

I still have the CP-88 (and still for sale but if it doesn't sell, that's ok too) and the new P-515. So for the little live stuff I'm still doing,  I'm cool.

Thanks Bobby and enjoy ! :thu:

B346C48E-1763-475D-89B1-3B9281E9FC0F_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 23

Love the all in the (crime) family theme.  Only thing that could make the story more perfect would be if you guys followed up the transaction with an 8-mile run.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Congrats on the transaction fellas.  It's always good to know the gear has landed in great hands.  😎

• Like 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

17 hours ago, Dave Ferris said:

Adan, as an OT side -- at 58, only 10 years ago, I was still able to do 7-8 milers on a daily basis, then a longer run on the weekend. It was as easy as brushing my teeth or tying my shoe.

Sigh...how things have dramatically changed in 10 years. :(  I have severe osteoarthritis, bone on bone in the L knee. Looked into a partial knee replacement but the UCLA surgeon said that I would not be at all happy with the long term outcome in regard to continuing my running passion of 44 years and close to 80,000 lifetime miles.

Sorry to hear all this Dave.  Over the past several years stand up paddleboarding has become my sport of choice, in part because of the low stress on joints.  The common perception is that paddleboarding mainly works the upper body, but that's not true.  The better your technique the more you are getting legs into it, to the point where they become the main engine and the upper body is merely the transmission.  My regular paddle partner is 74 and still going strong, in fact he's a national champion in his age group.  Of course you need access to a suitable body of water and I don't know what that would mean in LA.

• Like 1

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

OT to the original post, not-so-OT to the thread as it exists now...

I was out running and being active as much as I could up until 2017 when I started taking meds for my chronic anxiety issues, and they put me out of commission for four and a half years, due to being tired all the time and lacking any kind of energy.  I stopped everything last August and I've really been trying to get active again in the last few months, (which shows, as I've dropped from 260 to 229 in about five months) in the hopes that I'll get strong enough to start running again.  I'm power-walking regularly, as well as spending time on the stationary bike, and I'm pretty close to where I can get going again, just have to drop a few more pounds and get my lower back / core stronger.

• Like 1

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Thanks Dave! I was amazed you would finally part with it. But I needed to seize the opportunity while it was on the table.

To answer Doerfler's question, this is my 3rd CP4. Sounds a little crazy. But once every few weeks I'll drag 2 out to a wedding hit where I play ceremony or cocktail in one location then Top 40 in another 10 minutes later. I beat these things to hell playing them for many hundreds of hours every year. The tech who works on mine told me things are starting to become a bit more scare in the world of CP4s as far as parts go. He said to pick up an extra or two if I can, and Dave's was a great opportunity and price. So now I have 3. I've had the other 2 in the shop at different point this year so I don't see it as too crazy really.

It was great to see Dave and his wife and dog - definitely been a few years. Last time was most probably at his place checking out his incredible Steinway D or ABing some speakers or keyboard. I need to make it back up there soon.

• Like 4

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

On 4/27/2022 at 9:17 AM, Legatoboy said:

and no one got busted either .... 

Be careful, Johnny Cash got busted by the Feds with drugs in his guitar. They may very well be targeting CP-4s these days. 😄

• Like 2

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw