Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

....annnnnd we're back...

Perhaps others have already mentioned -- but I'm digging that posting to a thread doesn't reload the entire thread page.  E.g., I just posted to a thread with a TY video embedded, and I was able to continue watching the YT video while I posted my reply.  Slick!  The old platform would have disrupted my viewing.

• Thanks 1

This is low priority but just making a note here-

On the list of threads, can the number of pages display be changed? Red circle here:image.thumb.png.31c45a3e263ee296be9c9fbbbff14a2e.png

On the UBB software, the display would be something like 1 2 3... 9 10 11 
I liked being able to click a couple pages before the most recent page to catch up on what I missed
Though I am also now realizing that clicking on the thread title instead of page number takes me to the last unread post, so maybe my request doesn't matter anymore!

4 hours ago, MAJUSCULE said:

In light of the amazingly smooth migration and the tidy work done since to tailor the new KC to our liking...

(And while also reflecting back on some old posts around the time New Bay sold MPN out from under us and we had to set up the emergency backup and all that jazz!)

I'm just gonna throw out another plug for the MPN Patreon page where anyone can feel free to kick in a couple bucks to support server costs and the like. :keynana:

As Patron #2, I wholeheartedly endorse this statement! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

Latest minor victory - mailbox size should now be increased to 500 conversations.

dB

Thanks!

Of course, this happens the day after I deleted 16+ years of  correspondence in order to send a direct message...

:facepalm:

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

Have to say this new platform has really sped up my use of the forum.   I'm retired so on my computer a lot all day and night since it is all music  tool too.   Because of that I check into the site many times a day.   In past it would take me awhile to scan the post, decide what to read, and listen to some of the Youtubes posted, then mark everything read (even if I didn't read everything) and move on.     With the new platform I'm in and out very quickly and that one click then OK I marked it all read and gone.   

So performance is much faster, I'm already getting used to the layout, and feeling this new software is a big step forward.    Thank you all involved. 

Last I know I need to lose weight but do you have to label me MemberS.   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

Latest minor victory - mailbox size should now be increased to 500 conversations.

dB

That's a major victory IMO - thanks!!

16 hours ago, Docbop said:

In past it would take me awhile to scan the post, decide what to read, and listen to some of the Youtubes posted, then mark everything read (even if I didn't read everything) and move on.     With the new platform I'm in and out very quickly and that one click then OK I marked it all read and gone.   

Funny, I do the opposite. I'm really happy the new software doesn't mark threads as read unless I've read them. So, I can take a quick look and see if there are threads that I find interesting, read those, and leave the unread to catch up on later. UBB marked everything as read if I've been to a "subforum" such as KC, and sometimes would randomly mark everything read for reasons I never could figure out. There have been numerous times I didn't visit for a while and everything before a random-seeming date was marked read. It wasn't good for my OCG. :hitt:

• Like 1

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Brother @Dave Bryce, do you know what accounts for the (apparently unironic) resurrection of zombie threads following the migration? Are some ways of viewing the site feeding those to the tops of some people's view? Not at all a complaint, just curious what the mechanics are that might have resulted in it.

• Like 1

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

There are a few different ways to view and sort the forums now.  That could definitely be responsible.

I had three options for viewing the main forums and a bunch of content posted, one of which especially did not rely on latest posts.  I took that one away, so we’re down to two now.

dB

• Like 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

The post count thing is CRUEL!! I was at 1994 when we migrated...now I am back to 1963!! I was so excited about joining the elite and mysterious cult of the 2000+ (and learning the special handshake etc...) and it has now all been snatched away from me. This might seem just a small setback to most of you, but at the rate I have been posting it will take another 3 years to get there!! :curse:

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

On a more practical note, I find that when I get to the bottom of a page and hit 'next' it does not take me to the top of the new page. It would be great if this small detail could be added to the long 'to do' list...

Thanks!

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Anyone else having trouble with the occasional dark text while using either of the dark themes? Seems to happen with certain links, maybe also with quoted text. Not sure how it's happening as so far I can't seem to discern a consistent pattern. Forces me to highlight the post so I can read it in dark mode.

19 minutes ago, MAJUSCULE said:

Anyone else having trouble with the occasional dark text while using either of the dark themes? Seems to happen with certain links, maybe also with quoted text. Not sure how it's happening as so far I can't seem to discern a consistent pattern. Forces me to highlight the post so I can read it in dark mode.

Yes, same.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

40 minutes ago, MAJUSCULE said:

I've noticed this a few times and speculate it has been mostly from cutting and pasting text from other sources.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:21 PM, Dave Bryce said:

Okay, the edit window is now 12 hours.  That should work, I'd think. 😎

Not working for me... I'm not seeing any edit option for a post that's one hour old...

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)