Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best Male/Female Duets

J. Dan

David Bowie and Gail Ann Dorsey doing "under pressure" on the concerts.   Gail is amazing doing Freddie`s parts, and playing bass at the same time! 

I also enjoy how this duet worked in the 'We will Rock you'  musical (watched in the UK in 2010 and in Brazil in 2016).  

Last, there's the Bowie / Annie Lennox Duet at the Freddie Mercury Concert.  Annie's performance didn't it for me, but the crowd energy was awesome.  

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

The Battle of Evermore by Led Zeppelin is a duet with Robert Plant and Sandy Denny of Fairport Convention.

White Bird - It's a Beautiful Day. Almost everything they did was a vocal duet with David LaFlamme and Pattie Santos. "White Bird" was their biggest hit but they had a lot of great songs. Hammond and other keys on the first album by LaFlamme's then wife Linda.

• Love 1

Gibson G101, Fender Rhodes Piano Bass, Vox Continental, RMI Electra-Piano and Harpsichord 300A, Hammond M102A, Hohner Combo Pianet, OB8, Matrix 12, Jupiter 6, Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, CS70M, CP35, PX-5S, WK-3800, Stage 3 Compact

On 10/12/2022 at 8:54 PM, wineandkeyz said:

Wow, my band played this when it first came out in 1980(?)

• Like 1

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Coupla' more.... Don't You Want Me Baby (Human League), Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Starship)... But mostly I wonder whether J. Dan ever put together that duo...

• Like 2

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

It is not a get on the dance floor or even toe tapping song. I know few people would want to hear this performed in a live setting other than by a big name artist, namely Sade, but this comes to mind as a great duet worth mentioning. Leroy Osbourne is singing some of Sade’s parts. He has been in her live band for years. I don’t think Sade tours anymore. Why he has not been a solo artist of acclaim by now is interesting. Maybe he has not wanted that for himself? He has as beautiful of a voice as anyone. Michael McDonald has appeared as a backing vocalist on just under a billion songs. In my mind they share a similar timbre. I would include David Pack in this group as well. Osbourne’s voice is probably more universally fitting than McDonald’s.  I always thought McDonald’s voice was out of place with Johnston’s and Simmons’s but I can imagine Osbourne sitting well with theirs.