Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any good Black Friday deals?

jeffincltnc

This is the most confusing year ever. Black Friday seems to have started on Hallow'en or something. I ordered a high-end mic from Front End Audio for 15% off yesterday (sometimes they have 20% off sales though), and like many other sites, they seem to be having a "Rolling Black Friday" all week, with new stuff added each day, and some stuff on one-day or two-day only sales.

So, I'm not sure what to say, in terms of giving specific advice for Black Friday sales at particular websites or stores. It almost feels like this is simply going to be a "Make a Deal" week across the board.

What I'm getting at, is that if you see a good sale today, I'm not sure it makes sense to assume there will be even better ones on Friday. The whole "game" of Black Friday seems to have been turned on its head.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know what the deals are yet.

http://www.soniccouture.com/en/

Was ready to pull the trigger on Scarbee Classic EP88, not sure what to do now :idk

Wow,.....i was thinking the same, but bought the Scarbee EP88 an hour ago. Still have to find some time to download this evening.

I also have the Neo Souls studio Keys and i really like their suitcase models.

The rest however is a mixed bag (to much clav and wurli detuning) and their other rhodes models seem te be a level beneath their gorgeous suitcase model.

The Canterbury sounds absoutely delicious, but the Scarbee has this perfect, smooth, clean and silk sounds on the demo's not present in the Neo collection.

I hope Scarbee will complement Neo soul nicely, otherwise i have to buy yet another rhodes vst...... :cool:

Better still: Hybrid 3 for $1.

You need an iLok account (free) but not an iLok.

Yeah, can't say no at that price. Spitfire Audio are doing a few deals and events over the next few days, worth a look if you're into orchestral stuff. So far I've got the SoundToys 5 bundle (I have a few of their individual plugins so much cheaper), should give my sound design a good spruce up for the next few years! I'm tempted by Wavesfactory's Track Spacer, as well as Sensomusic Usine which is half price. Don't know if I'd ever get round to using it though!

If we discuss manufacturer/developer direct to user discounts or special offers - not resellers/dealers etc. does that break the forum policy?

Example: Modartt/Synthogy or other software vendor putting up their own holiday pricing. Or Yamaha doing a rebate, or Casio dropping Privia pricing through end of year, etc.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

If we discuss manufacturer/developer direct to user discounts or special offers - not resellers/dealers etc. does that break the forum policy?

Not at all...and thanks for asking.

The idea is to keep salespeople from preying on the forum. In the early days, we had new "members" sign up to talk about how cool certain stores were, where you could get a great deal, what a great guy this one salesperson was, etc. We didn't dig it. :idk:

These days though, social media makes it way easy for manufacturers to make these known, so it's not so unusual to see folks sharing them here.

In addition, the forum members keep a pretty good eye on it. Anything that smells like spam usually gets reported and nuked.

Bottom line - if we know you, you're probably safe. If you're sharing a direct posted deal, you're probably even safer.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Modartt/Pianoteq

During this Black Friday weekend (Nov 24-26) we are offering 30% discount on Pianoteq Pro and upgrades to Pianoteq Pro.

We also offer 30% on Hohner Collection, Celeste and Harp instrument packs.

https://www.pianoteq.com/buy?black_friday=1

Synthogy 50% off starting November 21, 2017 through the holidays, take advantage of these great prices on all Ivory II pianos while you can!

Ivory II-Grand Pianos $349 $299

Ivory II-Studio Grands $299 $249

Ivory II-American Concert D $199 $149

Ivory II-Italian Grand $179 $129

Ivory II-Upright Pianos $299 $249

https://synthogy.com/index.php/news/item/45-holiday-50-off

Casio

PX-5S $799 for the rest of the year I believe at any of their dealers.

Yamaha

Buy a MOXF, Get a Free Flash Memory Board and the Premium Content Pack

https://usa.yamaha.com/promotions/MOXF_Rebate/index.html

Buy a Montage get a pair of HS5's

https://usa.yamaha.com/promotions/Montage_Glorious_Rebate/index.html

Buy a Tyros5 Arranger Workstation

Get Two Free Premium Packs, a ½ GB Flash Memory Card and an iPad Holder.

https://usa.yamaha.com/promotions/tyros5_expansion_promo/index.html

P45, P115, DGX-660 stand and benches are included with the keyboard for the holidays.

https://usa.yamaha.com/promotions/Holiday_Home_Bundles_Rebate/index.html

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

This just in. If you're in the market for a current model Nord board, do yourself a favor and head over to that Pro Audio internet retailer.

I don't know why, but I've never seen these boards offered publicly at these prices.

And that's BEFORE you call them and push for a better deal. Hope it lasts.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Bottom line - if we know you, you're probably safe.

dB

Here's hoping that I'm more-or-less a known quantity by now...

For those who are interested in the Behringer Model D, I was able to talk MF into 15% off. Honestly, I didn't think they'd go for it, seeing as how the things haven't even been released yet, pre-order status only, probably back-ordered through the 12th of never...but they did.

Caveat: I've done a moderate amount of business with them--that may or may not factor in. Don't know.

But still...won't know 'till you ask.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

There are 1.6 Million apps in the app store. Can anyone recommend some of their favorite music apps? Here are mine: Animoog, KronosRemote, Moog Model 15, Alchemy, Oddyssei, Sunrizer, iWavestation, SampleTank, ChordTracker, Midi Controller.

There are 1.6 Million apps in the app store. Can anyone recommend some of their favorite music apps? Here are mine: Animoog, KronosRemote, Moog Model 15, Alchemy, Oddyssei, Sunrizer, iWavestation, SampleTank, ChordTracker, Midi Controller.

Lots of these discussions throughout this forum. Do a search, rather than hijacking this thread. :2thu:

Better still: Hybrid 3 for $1.

You need an iLok account (free) but not an iLok.

I snagged that. Later tonight I'm going to pop for the Hammersmith Pro for $149.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Some of the online retailers have started their sales. (Not gonna mention names.) I grabbed a cymbal. Some of the items with really big discounts are already selling out. It pays to get our there and look to see if your favorite retailer is putting special deals on things you want.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

can't go wrong with a free VU meter. just tried it, gets my seal of approval. although I will warn you, if you don't already have a waves account and waves central installed you may find it too many hoops to jump through just for a meter. it is very nice though.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/vu-meter#introducing-vu-meter-plugin

[video:youtube]

hang out with me at woody piano shack

Archived