Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any good Black Friday deals?

jeffincltnc

I never see good Black Friday deals online for keyboards since they don't price instruments online below MAP... but wondering if there's anything else that is looking good out there. Any good deals out there you guys are grabbing?

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's email from Moog:

BLACK FRIDAY SALE

Now through December 3rd

SUBTRACTED SYNTHESIZERS

Up to 30% off the following select Moog instruments: Minimoog Model D, Minimoog Voyager XL, Sub Phatty, Minitaur, Mother-32, Werkstatt-01, Etherwave Theremins, Theremini, Moogerfoogers & Minifoogers.

Discount available only at participating U.S. Moog Dealers

I just posted this in the Modular Synth thread, but I'll post it here, too:

MF has the M-Audio Hammer 88 listed under one of their 15% off >$149 sale categories. Given that the Hammer 88 goes for $399, it qualifies. I have no opinion on how one feels--seems to be new--if anyone has managed to lay hands on one, please report. There's absolutely zero chance that one will show up around here to try.

No, I'm not aware of 61, 73/76 variants, just the 88.

M-Audio Hammer 88

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

I never see good Black Friday deals online for keyboards since they don't price instruments online below MAP... but wondering if there's anything else that is looking good out there. Any good deals out there you guys are grabbing?

I have never seen good deals black friday deals ever.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Ok...I'll be the curmudgeon before this devolves into the usual mass snubbing of this forum rule:

Clonk for rule

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Ok...I'll be the curmudgeon before this devolves into the usual mass snubbing of this forum rule:

Clonk for rule

We have this thread every year and it has never been a problem. There is a difference between a salesman coming her to post prices and forum members sharing deals on the biggest shopping day of the year.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Clonk for rule

We have this thread every year and it has never been a problem. There is a difference between a salesman coming her to post prices and forum members sharing deals on the biggest shopping day of the year.

Yes, of course there is a difference. But the forum rule doesn't make that distinction.

In any case, it's not hard to say "I got price X on keyboard Y. If you can't find it, PM me if you want to know where I got it"....as I have done many times on this forum.

Not trying to be a dick...just appreciate the job that Dave et. al. do to keep this place unfettered by commerce and like to stick to the rules they have laid down.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Big fan of the forum rules. PMs work.

That being said, I have *never* found a deal on Black Friday sales that was relevant to what I wanted. I *have* found lots of great deals by calling around during the year, and timing things well.

And I am a notoriously aggressive shopper. Example? I am now in the market for a Nord Stage 3 Compact. MAP is $3499. I expect to get one before long for $2800. Might be B-stock, might be "used", don't care.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Its been a while for me. The juicier gear I really desire rarely appears at any meaningful discount. Its generally mic stands, 500w amps and peculiar or hyper-advanced exotica software. No complaint, as I've sold gear in two stores and know how tight the profit margins are. That doesn't mean I don't have a bunny-pink cough-syrup dream where I find a Prophet Rev2 for $500.

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"

Hammond XK5 double manual on Amazon for $1999!!!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Hammond XK5 double manual on Amazon for $1999!!!

Oh wait... Thats one of their crappy camping kits... Sorry about that..

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Yes, software deals have been rampant lately. Only a handful of manufacturers are waiting for Black Friday to roll around.

I started a thread about Native Instruments' mostly 50% off sale. Heavyosity is offering similar discounts. Waves has a sale ongoing, Sound Toys announced one coming up, UAD too. Spitfire Audio hinted at one on another site, FluffyAudio, Impact Soundworks, Cinematic Studio Series, IK Multimedia, Auddict, Waldorf, AudioBro, Loopmasters, Korg Gadget, Soundiron, and I'm sure a great many more are all on sale now.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

See the gigging keyboardist always suffers. We are a small part of the musical community that wants gigging keyboards. Manufacturers know that and that's why prices never or almost never come down. It's the curse of playing this instrument. I got the black Friday guitar center flyer and it's all shit or low end weekend warrior crap no one gives a shit about.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

See the gigging keyboardist always suffers. We are a small part of the musical community that wants gigging keyboards. Manufacturers know that and that's why prices never or almost never come down. It's the curse of playing this instrument. I got the black Friday guitar center flyer and it's all shit or low end weekend warrior crap no one gives a shit about.

I know you dislike GC, and for some good reason, esp from a brick/mortar view. Their keyboard selection is quite weak. I ended up buying A-07 without even trying it.

Its the way of our on line retail environment. Us Internet shoppers + Amazon have created a monster. We all know about tire kicking at GC and running off buying the board cheap on line.

And my experience with GC online Plus GC on the phone ( Telesales at Indy) is outstanding.

BTW, dropping the rant, you have to ASK for a 15% discount at GC.

BEFORE Nov 29. Then the sales rep will see if the Manufacturer honors the 15%.

Thats the way the game is played. The days of 1980/90's are long gone.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I know you dislike GC, and for some good reason, esp from a brick/mortar view. Their keyboard selection is quite weak. I ended up buying A-07 without even trying it.

Its the way of our on line retail environment. Us Internet shoppers + Amazon have created a monster. We all know about tire kicking at GC and running off buying the board cheap on line.

And my experience with GC online Plus GC on the phone ( Telesales at Indy) is outstanding.

BTW, dropping the rant, you have to ASK for a 15% discount at GC.

BEFORE Nov 29. Then the sales rep will see if the Manufacturer honors the 15%.

Thats the way the game is played. The days of 1980/90's are long gone.

When they opened here in 2000 they were OK and I will buy stuff from them but they don't keep stuff in stock, it's too expensive to carry and XK5 or 88 note Montage they say, I get it. Yes Amazon is a monster that is for sure.

noblevibes.com

The days of 1980/90's are long gone.

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/keytar-18590.jpg

at least you have photo memories

;)

I was skinnier and had less arthritis back then.

I could go on and on but nobody but my cat cares

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I guess now I will be looking for a deal on a Cakewalk Sonar replacement.

As I mentioned in the Cakewalk thread, Presonus is selling all versions of Studio One for 50% off. And of course, since you also own a Mac, you could buy into Logic Pro which is never on sale or always on sale, depending on your viewpoint.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Archived