Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

dB, You're a man after my own heart!

DulceLabs.com

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes. I hate that... it's way too early for anything Christmas. It ruins it for me to start early.

By the time the day actually arrives, we don't want to hear any Christmas music. :pop:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

My neighbors across the street have had their christmas lights up for 2 weeks already.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

Any yard decorations and light are fine Oct-Dec. But after New Year's, our HOA police is ready to send nasty letters if they are still up!

Oh yeah. We have those too. Always wanting me to power wash the driveway, cut the grass, or stop sunbathing in my Speedo Thong Jr. in the front yard. FASCISTS!!!!

Any yard decorations and light are fine Oct-Dec. But after New Year's, our HOA police is ready to send nasty letters if they are still up!

Nobody likes the HOA. But thats a 'political ' topic'. For people that want to keep Xmas decor up all year ;)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Oh yeah. We have those too. Always wanting me to power wash the driveway, cut the grass, or stop sunbathing in my Speedo Thong Jr. in the front yard. FASCISTS!!!!

I enjoy cutting my front yard grass with an old fashioned lawnmower.

Then my 2 cats munch on the grass clippings.

Our HOA does not allow sun bathing in the street or napping in the drainage gutter.

They have high standards here.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Ever notice that this is also the time that everything in the store is pumpkin flavored? Pumpkin doughnuts, pumpkin doughnut holes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin coffee creamer . . . I say "punkin' chunk it all".

:wacko::mad:

I have never eaten/drunk anything "pumpkin spice" flavored. Even candles and soap that are scented with it make me gag. Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving (in public spaces & retail locations) are an abomination. Ditto for Christmas music. Do the merchants & corporations really think that it makes people spend any more, or shop any earlier?

I'm no humbug - tasteful and heartfelt displays of Christmas spirit are a welcome respite from the venial nature that pervades so much of the rest of the year. But the tacky, overblown, secular and downright silly extravaganza that has become the norm only serves to dilute and trivialize the true holiday. I'm not even coming from the "Put Christ back in Christmas" zealotry (yeah, and let's put Satan back in Halloween while we're at it...), rather from a traditional (& perhaps nostalgic) point of view. Let's put the dignity back, if nothing else.

(P.S. - This has nothing to do with the subtle & tasteful decoration of K.C.; I just suddenly found myself up on this high horse... :)

the tacky, overblown, secular and downright silly extravaganza that has become the norm only serves to dilute and trivialize the true holiday.

I fully agree. Thank you, :thu:

I went to Hy-Vee at 3:00 Monday afternoon to buy candy. There were helicopter moms and kids trick or treating. Inside the store.

I had 3 trick or treaters that night. Halloween has been killed already by all the churches and businesses offering "safe" alternatives.

Moe

---

I went to Hy-Vee at 3:00 Monday afternoon to buy candy. There were helicopter moms and kids trick or treating. Inside the store.

http://img2.goodfon.su/wallpaper/big/0/74/sobaka-cherno-beloe-morda.jpg

How can you "trick or treat" in the store? Most illogical.

This is a story about a Halloween party that's held every year in my subdivision. Tina and Shellye, the owners of the house, are good friends of ours (and everyone's, really). This year they set a new record of over 1700 trick-or-treaters. That's not a typo.

http://abc13.com/society/a-look-inside-houstons-hottest-halloween-block-party/1582862/

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Went to the Dollar General two weeks ago to buy Q-Tips. Could not find them. Between Halloween and Christmas items there was no room to display the occasional necessities that draw me to the store.

As for Halloween, I usually have 300+ during the first hour, then run out of candy and turn out the lights.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived