Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Something New from Spectrasonics

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! The KeyScape collection will appear as a library inside Omnisphere, which brings that one step closer to being the do-it-all workstation live solution for me.

Yes, that's a big plus as far as I'm concerned. There will be many wholike mealready have great libraries of many of these instruments; but what you can't do with Ravenscroft, Scarbee, etc. is process those through Omnisphere. Therein lies perhaps the greatest potential for this new Spectrasonics instrument.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Yup, now we need an Organ expansion pack for KeyScape (surely in the making), and maybe some more realistic brass stuff, and I'm ready to take Omnisphere to the gig and ditch everything else!

My favorite bit from the vid is where Greg Phillinganes assesses that is has major cojones, the kind you put sauce on, with a steak knife.

I really wouldn't want a steak knife (or sauce, for that matter) anywhere near my cojones, but that's just me...

Wow. Eric raises the bar of how good our instruments can be. :2thu:

A workstation synth near you just felt a cold wind blow over it's shoulder.

I wonder how well 8GB and 16GB MBPs will handle Keyscape running within Omnisphere? Will we need 32GB to be safe? With the Apple event next week, there is a rumor of a new retina MBP being announced. Fingers crossed....

An organ would be nice, but then I have a decent one in Logic (EP too for that matter...)

I saw "MKS-20" on that list and twitched a bit...I can go another 30 years without hearing that sound again (it was the only piano available in a jingle studio where I worked...ugh not a fan).

Is it surprising at all that there is "only" one grand? Obviously one really good one beats several ok ones (*ahem* Logic pianos).

I own Omnisphere and Trilian and I'll admit I was checking the site all day, but I can't even begin to get excited about this. :idk

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

Does anyone else think "Ten year in the making" equates to "We've had some of these samples for 10 years."

Yes, me!

Oh well. I don't need another piano or Rhodes library. Time to move on.

Half of me is thinking that, the other is thinking that with this I may never need to buy another one.

Does anyone else think "Ten year in the making" equates to "We've had some of these samples for 10 years."

Yes, me!

Oh well. I don't need another piano or Rhodes library. Time to move on.

Half of me is thinking that, the other is thinking that with this I may never need to buy another one.

Simply based on Spectrasonics track record, not to mention the video, I suspect these will be supremely good. I didn't think I needed any new piano's or electric pianos either, but....now I do. :) The 140b Wurly floats my boat in a big way, as do some of the more oddball pianos.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Judging by the file dates on some other sampled high end AP's it could be possible. But more likely the 10 years refers to time spent collecting and restoring some of the instruments.

But then it is unlikely that Vintage Vibe took ten years to restore their instruments that were sampled. I think it is mostly hype intended to justify the price.

Like Omnisphere this is targeted at composers, who else would have the time to explore the 12,000 sounds Omnisphere offers.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Judging by the file dates on some other sampled high end AP's it could be possible. But more likely the 10 years refers to time spent collecting and restoring some of the instruments.

But then it is unlikely that Vintage Vibe took ten years to restore their instruments that were sampled. I think it is mostly hype intended to justify the price.

Like Omnisphere this is targeted at composers, who else would have the time to explore the 12,000 sounds Omnisphere offers.

I think the price is reasonable, if not low, if the majority of instruments are top notch.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Simply based on Spectrasonics track record, not to mention the video, I suspect these will be supremely good. I didn't think I needed any new piano's or electric pianos either, but....now I do. :) The 140b Wurly floats my boat in a big way, as do some of the more oddball pianos.

Yeah the oddballs are a big selling point for me. Thing is I can see myself buying more pianos - I've already got Steinway covered in the form of Hammersmith, this one is a Yamaha but that still leaves a gap in the form of Bechstein and Bosendorfer.

I think the price is reasonable, if not low, if the majority of instruments are top notch.

I am sure they are top notch, that is what Spectrasonics are known for, but how many need 3 top notch Toy Piano sampled instruments, plus there is the playability issue, not a strong point for some sampled AP's.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

it is unlikely that Vintage Vibe took ten years to restore their instruments that were sampled. I think it is mostly hype intended to justify the price.

That's certainly a beautiful collection of instruments, and I'm sure the samples will be stellar. :thu:

Oh well, the party's over. Time to move on.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-45RMIJLeeG0/UhtRK_nw8MI/AAAAAAAAfEg/i187jt9QQxA/s1600/party+iftm.gif

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Not so much interested in the toy pianos - or even so much the grand, but the electric pianos, pianets, oddball upright, Clav C etc. all seem worth the price of admission to me.

Playability is ALWAYS paramount for me, I agree.

While is was waiting I put this little piece together using just Spectrasonics products. Didn't have time to publish last night. Yes, it's repetitive (kinda like waiting, get it?) and the false ending should have been twice as long, but I think you get the idea.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSksq4qpwHQ

Busch.

The old hat ... it´s wrong w/ software.

You´ll have to buy all the updates and upgrades to keep pace w/ changing OSes and until it will be discontinued.

In addition, you own nothing for the money,- it´s just only a licence to use the software.

According to the computer hardware needed, especially when you´re on a Mac, you might have to buy new every 3 years continuously.

That´s why I prefer buying hardware.

And according to this release, I agree to all not needing another piano/ e-piano sample library.

It might sound stellar and being the latest greatest, but it´s what it is,- samples.

And there are many sampled instruments included I doubt anyone needs to make money w/ music.

I´m much more interested in physical modelling.

A.C.

77gb is quite a bit of real estate. $399 is quite a bit of money.

When Persing said "this is the only virtual instrument with this many electric pianos", did anyone else think of MOTU's Electric Keys? They had most of these and then some. The product itself wasn't that great, though, and is discontinued I think.

That Rhodes does sound very detailed, but I was hoping for a few more models. I've always loved Mark V.

I have no use for Toy Pianos, and they seem to be everywhere - even Yamaha's Reface CP.

Like Omnisphere, you also need a hefty powerful Mac to play this (a fast and large hard drive, as much RAM as you can).

You´ll have to buy all the updates and upgrades to keep pace w/ changing OSes and until it will be discontinued.

In addition, you own nothing for the money,- it´s just only a licence to use the software.

According to the computer hardware needed, especially when you´re on a Mac, you might have to buy new every 3 years continuously.

Wow. You're almost as cynical as I am.

I´m much more interested in physical modelling.

A.C.

Much more interesting technology for sure.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Reminds me of some Apple events where afterwards everyone is angry and disappointed that they didn't offer up some groundbreaking revolutionary new product.

I just thought it was an excellent demo with stellar players, and the instruments sounded great to me. Sure there's lots of other good keyboard VIs out there and many of them work fine for the kinds of things we do. If I take them at their word, they worked long & hard to come up with this and I wish them the best. I probably wouldn't use many of the more obscure instruments but then again I don't expect the keyboard VI market to conform to MY wants.

Can't wait to have it! I'd pay $399 for the E rhodes sample today. That stuff's a money maker. Tracks are going to sound so much better and mix so much easier. Everything is going to sit nicer. I can tell from seeing the fingers and hearing the dynamics that it's going to play really well. Bravo, Spectrasonics!

Can't wait to have it! I'd pay $399 for the E rhodes sample today. That stuff's a money maker. Tracks are going to sound so much better and mix so much easier. Everything is going to sit nicer. I can tell from seeing the fingers and hearing the dynamics that it's going to play really well. Bravo, Spectrasonics!

Yeah, the E Rhodes is something special, legendary.

Busch.