Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Damn! the CP4 sounds great!

MassiveSkills

The Yamaha CP4 in action! Damn, this DP sounds really good when recorded.

I`m sorry if this looks like a promotion! Its not, I just wanted to say that I think that this DP sounds really great when recorded(to my ears). Sounds like shit through the monitors, so this was a pleasent surprise.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, Kirk Covington. Long time ! I heard he moved to Austin ? We did some casuals years ago, duo , with me doing LH bass.

I remember one backyard party where we morphed from such fare as -- And I love her and Arthur's Theme into Moment's Notice and Inner Urge ...which you played here. The birthday party attendees never knew what hit them. :D

Not an easy thing to pull off, duo , playing LH bass. ;)

Yes the CP4 sounds good (along with your playing ) ! But I already knew that. :)

Nice trio you guys have , congrats. :cool:

Yes , getting a good sound through your monitors is the ongoing challenge. I use the RCF TT08As and a JMK Audio JM-110 di/preamp. For the money, I'm fairly happy with the sound. I can't justify throwing any more money at an electronic keyboard.

https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

https://www.youtube.com/@daveferris2709

2005 NY Steinway D, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, CP88, P515

Great music, thanks for posting! Covington (Tribal Tech) is one of my fav drummers, he's pure energy. Hey Dave, seems like a great privilege to have played with such a great musician, also says a lot about your skills level.

Thank you so much guys:)!!!

It was an honour playing with this whirlwind of a drummer, best ever for me. And hes such a nice and humble guy too!

We did a livedvd and a studio album in a couple of days and the workmorale he has is incredible. Sessions, recording, seminars, hes just unstoppable:). Theres probably going to be some tours later this year with the trio (fingers crossed).

I was amazed over how good the CP4 sounds, now I understand all the love:)

I only heard it through crappy monitors, so this was a really plesant surprise!

What is the album title? When/where will it be available?

As for the monitoring, I can highly recommend the Dynacord AXM12A (provided you bring your own monitors). I have a pair of them. It's like having studio monitors on stage, almost :)

Thanks so much guys! And thanks for the tips on monitors. I`ve never actually considered buying my own monitors, thats a great idea!

I think the studio album will be called Present - Future (not sure). But its in being mixed right not by one of my absolute heros, Mr. Scott Kinsey! I dont know what the dvd will be called:).

Egersund? Thats cool! Norwegians "representin`" on the board here:)

Thanks so much guys! And thanks for the tips on monitors. I`ve never actually considered buying my own monitors, thats a great idea!

I think the studio album will be called Present - Future (not sure). But its in being mixed right not by one of my absolute heros, Mr. Scott Kinsey! I dont know what the dvd will be called:).

Egersund? Thats cool! Norwegians "representin`" on the board here:)

Jeg er Norwegian ikke. Jeg er engelsk... ;) Min norsk er veldig dårlig...

I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me. Bork bork bork!

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Confession time. I clicked straight to 1:14 and thought for a second this was a "shreds" video.

I'm a terrible person, prone to snap judgements.

This is some heavy shit. Very adventurous, and yes, the CP4 sounds fantastic.

Glad you're loving it, what a killer board. There are times when I'm playing the CP4 in a jazz setting when it really feels like there is zero impediment sonically or technically to what I want to play. This is the first keyboard that isn't a real piano that I've ever had that with.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Great sounding piano... Yamaha sure does that right. Kudos on the players.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Again, thank you sooo much guys!!!

Bobadohshe: I`ve done two jazzgigs with the CP4 and I agree, it really feels nice to play, even through crappy monitors!

Did a session on a RD-800, which is a beautiful DP, but I just could`nt "connect" with it, no matter how badly I wanted to:).

My Sony MDR 7506 headphones made me think I was hearing a real piano when I listened to the video.

I could not connect with the RD-800 either when I did a side by side... The CP4 was almost effortless for me, best flow I've ever with a DP.

Find 750 of Harry's solo piano arrangements and tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas
These arrangements are for teaching solo piano chording using Harry's 2+2 harmony method.
Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." 

You & the band sound great and the piano records very well. And, big props for the multi-camera shoot and hq sound such a far cry from the typical youtube vids of live gigs!

As for the bad sound of the CP4 from monitors dare I broach this were you monitoring in stereo?

Archived