Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

On 7/3/2024 at 6:31 PM, J.F.N. said:

IK iGrand for iPad, like a decade after the rest of the world..

This went back, refund, way too buggy, ended up with Korg Module and the Piano Essentials Pack instead, now also demoing a couple of other libraries as well.

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

Got a Roland VR-760 arriving tomorrow.

• Like 1

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

I grabbed a used Kawai F10 H sustain pedal, will be interesting to see if it is possible to set up the SL73 to react on half pedaling sustain. I have no experience with this since before, but I found that one used for 12€ as new and read up about it, interesting to investigate, and no matter what it seems to be a nice pedal anyway!

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

Found a used Lap Steel at a good price, was 5 minutes to late, it was stuck in my head, researched a bit more and order this today together with a slide bar.

Not to expensive If it didn’t work out for me.

IMG_0629.jpeg

• Like 2
/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

VR-760 arrived, fully loaded with a couple of SRX boards as well!

IMG_20240708_103826740.thumb.jpg.c4b7d348d631a668a212d2a520a70f55.jpg

• Like 2

Hardware

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

4 hours ago, Canoehead said:

Does it have the same action as the VK 8?  To date, that is my favourite clone wheel action.

Not sure, as I've never played a VK-8.  I'm imagining it does, as it has the VK-8 engine.  It's light, fast, not fatiguing to play.  I love the feel of it.

Hardware

Software

13 hours ago, Justin Havu said:

VR-760 arrived, fully loaded with a couple of SRX boards as well!

IMG_20240708_103826740.thumb.jpg.c4b7d348d631a668a212d2a520a70f55.jpg

When I first read your thread, I though you were buying a VR730, not 760! I've just realised - this is the grandfather of the VR09 and the father of the VR700. When I first played one I wasn't familiar with tonewheel organs and I couldn't get on with the action. It's actually a very desirable board with an easy-to-use design. Enjoy!

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 1

I'm going to have to get one of these portable battery-powered PA speakers and give them a shot.   

Not only for small gigs, but a great solution for parties or anytime you'd like to blast some music and that little bluetooth speaker won't cut it.

Love the custom graphics option!!

https://www.jbl.com/portable-pa-systems/EON+ONE+COMPACT-NA.html

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

After being heavily promoted by @Reezekeys and sounding like a good addition for an iOS rig, I grabbed a MidiFlow license, absolutely great and very useful app, no regrets!

• Like 1

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Korg Module Rhodes modules:

Electric Piano Essentials

70s Earthy EP

SCARBEE Classic EP-88M

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

My 20+ year old Sennheiser HD600's are starting to show their age. The ear cups are deteriorating badly. OEM replacements are $80 and out of stock. I keep reading that the off brand replacements are crap. I cannot see paying $80 for replacement ear cups for something that old. I finally broke over and ordered the Neumann NDH-30 headphones. They are supposed to be as flat as my HD600s but with extended bass. That will be helpful with my foray into electronic music. They should match up well with my Elektron boxes. Just hope I get 20 years out of them like I did the HD600's. 

• Like 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

11 hours ago, RABid said:

My 20+ year old Sennheiser HD600's are starting to show their age. The ear cups are deteriorating badly. OEM replacements are $80 and out of stock. I keep reading that the off brand replacements are crap. I cannot see paying $80 for replacement ear cups for something that old. I finally broke over and ordered the Neumann NDH-30 headphones. They are supposed to be as flat as my HD600s but with extended bass. That will be helpful with my foray into electronic music. They should match up well with my Elektron boxes. Just hope I get 20 years out of them like I did the HD600's. 

No way to tell about the longevity, but those Nuemann cans are great, I don't own them but have used them at several occasions. The only thing annoying to me was that the cable is on the "wrong" side, never got used to that!

:)

• Like 1

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

15 hours ago, RABid said:

The ear cups are usually the first to go, "planned obsolescence".  My AKG K240s seem to be the exception, they are 30+ years old with no sign of deterioration on the ear cups.

I like my Sennheiser HD280 Pro - similar sound to the K240 with just enough extra bass.  Comfortable on the ears.

Ooops... I happened to become a Pianoteq user...

:D

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

23 hours ago, RABid said:

Neumann NDH-30 headphones.

They are here and I love them, but for the sake of those around me I need to find a decent set of closed back headphones so the family does not have to hear me making beats on the Syntakt. :)

• Like 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

34 minutes ago, Piktor said:

I recently got a great deal on this build-it-yourself acoustic piano kit. 😁

A8FB2757-A46A-4CA6-956B-7A9AEE7DE1B2.jpeg

BB9C4ABF-0639-4DCB-99B3-17FFF09A359D.jpeg

LOL!!

Instructions written by the sadists at IKEA? All items included as intended or per norm 2-3 screws/bolts missing too? 

:D

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

I picked up an Arturia MiniFreak. I played one at Sweetwater last year and loved it. I was kind of hoping they’d release a MaxiFreak with 61 full sized keys but I decided to take the plunge anyway. Man, it is so much fun and sounds really great. The software version is super nice, too, making it ridiculously easy to program and use in your DAW. For the price, it’s a fantastic synth.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim Alfredson said:

I picked up an Arturia MiniFreak. I played one at Sweetwater last year and loved it. I was kind of hoping they’d release a MaxiFreak with 61 full sized keys but I decided to take the plunge anyway. Man, it is so much fun and sounds really great. The software version is super nice, too, making it ridiculously easy to program and use in your DAW. For the price, it’s a fantastic synth.

Definitely would have been an interesting machine with a full size bed, exactly my thoughts when it released too!

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -